Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Hmmmmmmmm. President Kwan.........

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm. President Kwan.........
    I like the look of that. She could declare war on Speedy.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Precisely. So why did Michelle bother to go to Tufts-Fletcher and get a degree if she's not willing to take the "fair and democratic" route to diplomacy? She's wealthy enough that if she wants a career of appointments and 'fluff,' she didn't have to go to a top-notch diplomacy program like Tufts-Fletcher. She did so KUDOS to her in that regard.
    Maybe she just likes the academic environment and wanted to continue her education beyond the undergraduate level in areas that were of interest to her. Maybe she wanted to study at Tufts because she believed the Fletcher School's claim that their Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy program "trains broadly knowledgeable and curious leaders to develop a thorough and nuanced grounding in the latest political, economic, business, and legal thinking" and that "the flexibility of the program ensures that its students can tailor their education to particular interests ..."
    However, I'm waiting to see if (a) Michelle takes the exam, (b) passes the exam, the orals, etc., and (c) will be serving two years at the US Consulate in Tijuana, stamping visas, like the rest her college classmates who aren't wealthy or famous enough to bypass the system.
    Why would you care whether or not she took the Foreign Service exam, unless you are assuming that she intends to have a diplomatic career? Only about 1/3 of Fletcher's MALD graduates go on to have careers in the public sector; the remaing 2/3 are split between the private sector and non-profits/multinational organizations. And I very much doubt that the 40% of her fellow classmates who are not from the U.S. will be stamping visas in US Consulate offices.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Maybe she'll take some time off and tweet about hair, nails, and Stuart Weitzman shoes..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    (c) will be serving two years at the US Consulate in Tijuana, stamping visas, like the rest her college classmates who aren't wealthy or famous enough to bypass the system.
    It's not as if Michelle had her fame and wealth handed to her on a silver (or gold or bronze) platter. If the combination of her well EARNED degree and name recognition allows her to skip a few rungs on the bottom of the ladder more power to her.

vCash
    Why must every thread that deals with Ms, Kwan's activities and accomplishments be used as a reason/excuse to "bash" her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    I like the look of that. She could declare war on Speedy.
    The true "Axel of Evil".

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Maybe she'll take some time off and tweet about hair, nails, and Stuart Weitzman shoes..
    Hee! I got the reference. And yes, I agree with your sarcasm. It's nice to have a thoughtful skater who isn't going on an on about their clothes, spa appointments, Starbucks, fame-whoring, etc. (and there are several skaters that do this). I've almost un-followed a lot of them for the shallowness, but as a skating podcaster, I'm afraid I do have to keep up with them.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Hey, check out who is in the background of this photo of the First Lady at a Let's Move event.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Hey, check out who is in the background of this photo of the First Lady at a Let's Move event.
    LOL with her hair pulled back and dressed casually, she looks like a teenager again.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    LOL with her hair pulled back and dressed casually, she looks like a teenager again.
    WOW! She does! You would never guess that she's 30!
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Michelle is also in the background of this video released by the Let's Move campaign, which is about their outreach to military families. When the First Lady is playing catch on the lawn, Michelle is next to her in a black skirt. (Around 1:20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12