Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Just waiting to see how long it takes before this thread goes off the rails.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hirshey girl View Post
    Not long, I'm sure.
    Counting down...... 5...4...3...2...1.......
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Michelle would have competed to 2002 for sure even if she won 1998. Probably retired after 2002 then either win or lose. So she would have 4 World titles and the 98 Olympic Gold as her resume which would be even better in that case, and virtually all of her most historic performances.
    I think something about winning the OGM seems to douse the competitive fires in most skaters. Even very competitive skaters like Tara. They just seem to lose motivation.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    This thread is all sorts of meaningless when we consider it's basically grumbling over 2nd and 3rd place in the rank of greatest lady skaters.

Clearly Sasha is #1!

Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Well this is going to be good.

I know, right?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I don't know why ppl like you want to pick a fight so badly. You say like "C'mon let's (cat)fight against me". I'm sure you're going to talk about yunabot. Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic.

vCash
    Not that it excuses a lack of performance, but my gut tells me that YuNa is depressed. Does anyone think that I'm all wet?

vCash
    I don't think fans can really know any skater's state of mind.

Yu-Na Kim almost won Worlds, so I don't think she skated that badly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hirshey girl View Post
    I'm pretty sure we past that point at post #1.

vCash
    After Vancouver last year there was some over the top talk of Yu Na Kim being possibly the greatest skater ever.
    I'd bet you started it.

vCash
    You are at it again!
    Sorry but it's not even funny anymore.

vCash
    OP is one of those bandwagon jumpers. OP heavily depends on statistics, loves comparing skaters, and jumps around from calling skater A the greatest, then the next skater B if skater A has a bad competition. Not a true fan of any one skater, loves bash/controversial threads, and loves stirring the pot. What's with the need to constantly compare skaters against each other? It's not like there is a COP style scale from 0 to 10 on how to rank the greatest skaters. It's all subjective.
    Last edited by a56; 05-10-2011 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    I'm a Kwan fan, but I can't agree with this thread !
    They both have their own qualities, and Yu-Na has already proven she is among the greatest ever, titles or not. There's no war here.

vCash
    After Vancouver last year there was some over the top talk of Yu Na Kim being possibly the greatest skater ever. I thought that was ridiculous at the time but it is typical bandwagon jumping I guess. Now though it should be obvious she isnt even anywhere near the same league as Michelle Kwan. Yu Na has competed in 5 Worlds and won the title in only 1. Mao Asada and even Miki Ando have more World titles than her in the same period. Imagine Michelle Kwan letting a skater of Miki Ando's level win even one World title in her era, let alone two. Michelle Kwan has FIVE times the number of World titles as Yu Na despite competing in a far tougher era with much more competition.
    Interesting, judgejudy. a year ago you were arguing that Yu-Na is the greatest ever, and when I counted the number of worlds Asada won and Yu-Na won, you claimed that the Olympics count for much more than just worlds. I wonder what made you change your mind!

vCash
    The definitive ranking is:
    1. Witt
    2. Kwan
    3. Slutskaya
    4. Butyrskaya
    4. Yu Na

The end.

vCash
    Hahaha I knew we are going to get another one of this just like every year during the off seasons.

Question.
    If you are so convinced why bother asking for approval?

Answer
    Insecurity can make people funny things, like uhmm.. this thread!!

Alternatives
    Name a single skater is in the same league as Michelle?

2nd Alternatives
    Name a single skater is in the same league as Yuna?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post

(2) If Yu-Na were an American and had a backing from a stronger federation, she would have won at least two worlds by now (e.g. controversial judging at 2008 Worlds) and would have become an even bigger stature than she is now, with her olympic win;
    I'm curious why you think this is true. Yu-Na is a huge celebrity in Korea, in part, because she is the first Korean lady to win both Worlds and Olys in figure skating; the US, OTOH, has many world champs and OGMs. Furthermore, an American OGM in '02 didn't help stop skating's slide in ratings/popularity, so I don't think an American Yu-Na winning in Vancouver would have made much of a difference.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I love both! Both are amazing! Both have faults! 2 of my faves ever.

I wish Michelle had an OGM and more speed.

I wish YuNa could point her feet.

I wish they both had better layback leg line!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Here we go again....

These types of threads get resurrected every off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Interesting, judgejudy. a year ago you were arguing that Yu-Na is the greatest ever, and when I counted the number of worlds Asada won and Yu-Na won, you claimed that the Olympics count for much more than just worlds. I wonder what made you change your mind!
    I did not argue Kim as the greatest ever, I argued that she was clearly the best skater of her generation ahead of Asada, which I would still stand by. And yes I remember the Olympics vs Worlds thing we argued about. Of course the Olympics is more important than a single Worlds as you foolishly denied, but it certainly isnt close to on par with 4 Worlds which she is behind Michelle right now. Your basic reading comprehension has not improved in even a 14 month span I see however, congratulations.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast