Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post

I think if Maria wasn't so ultra-thin she would have "aged better." I can't remember if it was Grace Kelly or Catherine Deneuve who once said that at a certain age a woman had to decide whether she wanted to maintain her face or her waist and she had chosen her face.
    This is no longer accurate. With the facial fillers on the market plus Botox, you can be as thin as you want.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    This is no longer accurate. With the facial fillers on the market plus Botox, you can be as thin as you want.
    It's still accurate for those who don't want to resort to injecting sustances/toxins into their faces.

vCash
    So since she is Catholic, is she going to follow the other Kennedy familiy tradition and ask for an annulment?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    It's still accurate for those who don't want to resort to injecting sustances/toxins into their faces.
    Or for those who can't afford it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    So since she is Catholic, is she going to follow the other Kennedy familiy tradition and ask for an annulment?
    I don't think she will unless she wanted to remarry "in the church". I always thought annulments were bizarre when there were children from the marriage.

vCash
    I think if Maria wasn't so ultra-thin she would have "aged better." I can't remember if it was Grace Kelly or Catherine Deneuve who once said that at a certain age a woman had to decide whether she wanted to maintain her face or her waist and she had chosen her face.
    Some people like Maria, and Sarah Jessica Parker, have, unfortunately, chosen their waists. Princess Grace got fuller figured near the end of her life, but was still very pretty.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    everything can be a toxin at a wrong dose, including water and Tylenol. Correct use of Botox has a long safety record at higher doses for medical problems before it was used cosmetically. Fillers are all natural substances, some with calcium suspended in water and some with hyaluronic acid.

But Andora is right--it's quite expensive.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Hot monkey sex.
    Aww, but you don't have to get married for that. I thought as a Kennedy she would understand that. Maybe she was rebelling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    The only thing they had in common was politics
    Not when they got married. I remember there being huge at the time because he was a staunch Republican and she was from a family of very famous Democrats.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    everything can be a toxin at a wrong dose, including water and Tylenol. Correct use of Botox has a long safety record at higher doses for medical problems before it was used cosmetically. Fillers are all natural substances, some with calcium suspended in water and some with hyaluronic acid.
    Some people will not want to inject substances into their face for cosmetic purposes, whether they are "natural" or not. Obviously, many have quite different preferences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Aww, but you don't have to get married for that. I thought as a Kennedy she would understand that. Maybe she was rebelling.
    Ahh, the Kennedy men don't have to get married (or they can get married and have hot monkey sex with someone other than their wife,) but I suspect there is a different standard for the women.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Some people will not want to inject substances into their face for cosmetic purposes, whether they are "natural" or not. Obviously, many have quite different preferences.
    You have a keen eye for the obvious. I do like deconstructing the "OMG, it's a toxin" argument though. Saying that someone may not choose to do injections no matter how safe is fine; that's obvious and true. The reasons include but are not limited to: some people are scared of needles, some people don't care if they get wrinkles and volume loss and many can't afford it.

Saying that they are not doing it because it's a "toxin" is misinformed. Lidocaine that the dentist injects to do work on teeth is a neurotoxin as well.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 05-10-2011 at 09:20 PM.

from Speedy Death

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Ahh, the Kennedy men don't have to get married (or they can get married and have hot monkey sex with someone other than their wife,) but I suspect there is a different standard for the women.
    LOL, my favorite moment in the Reelz series "The Kennedys"--JFK's about to get married, and Joe Sr's advice amounts to "Remember, now you're married, no rubbing the girlfriends in your wife's face" and RFK is bug-eyed with horror and says "No! Jack, you're making your vows in front of the altar and God" and JFK and Joe stare at him like he has two heads. Fidelity? That's for the little people...

vCash
    You have a keen eye for the obvious. I do like deconstructing the "OMG, it's a toxin" argument though. Saying that someone may not choose to do injections no matter how safe is fine; that's obvious and true. The reasons include but are not limited to: some people are scared of needles, some people don't care if they get wrinkles and volume loss and many can't afford it.

Saying that they are not doing it because it's a "toxin" is misinformed.
    Well, I think you entirely misinterpreted my initial statement (which was about people who didn't want to have "substances/toxins" injected into their face) -- the emphasis was never intended as "OMG -- injecting TOXINS!!!!!" I was just being more specific than I needed to be and should have just left it at the generic "substances" and saved any specifying to "for cosmetic purposes." Botox IS a neurotoxin, which as you have noted, has medical as well as cosmetic uses.
    Lidocaine that the dentist injects to do work on teeth is a neurotoxin as well.
    Yes, and most would consider the analgesic relief to outweigh any possible negative side effects or "fear of needles", although some have such an aversion to injections that they prefer nitrous oxide for dental work.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    There's a rumor that Kerry Kennedy cheated on Andrew Cuomo when they were married...so it may not just be the Kennedy men.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Well, I think you entirely misinterpreted my initial statement (which was about people who didn't want to have "substances/toxins" injected into their face) -- the emphasis was never intended as "OMG -- injecting TOXINS!!!!!" I was just being more specific than I needed to be and should have just left it at the generic "substances" and saved any specifying to "for cosmetic purposes."
    You did mention toxins, so I understood it that being a toxin matters to you, otherwise you would have left it out.
    Botox IS a neurotoxin, which as you have noted, has medical as well as cosmetic uses.
    Again, so what? Water can be toxic if you misuse it, see the Wee for Wii death. Tylenol has just been linked to blood cancers. Why does it matter that it's a toxin, that's what I don't understand. It's just like any other pharmaceutical and is safer than a lot of them. Pretty much any biologically active substance can be a toxin if misused/abused.
    Yes, and most would consider the analgesic relief to outweigh any possible negative side effects or "fear of needles", although some have such an aversion to injections that they prefer nitrous oxide for dental work.
    So you are saying pain free dentistry is more important to some than their appearance. That's fair but I am not sure how relevant.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I wish them both well.

vCash
    You did mention toxins, so I understood it that being a toxin matters to you, otherwise you would have left it out.
    Clearly we have a failure to communicate that appears to be resistant to attempts at clarification. Your initial post mentioned facial fillers and Botox; my reply said "substances/toxins" in an attempt to address injections of both fillers and Botox. I should have just left it with the generic "substances" to cover both (if I had more knowledge of what substances are used for facial fillers I would have used a more specific term in tandem with toxins). I said it was an attempt to be more specific (and a not very parallel construction), but you persist in believing that the matter of Botox being a toxin is what matters, even when I have stated that the practice of injections for cosmetic purposes was all that I had in mind.
    So you are saying pain free dentistry is more important to some than their appearance. That's fair but I am not sure how relevant.
    No, that's not what I am saying -- I never made any attempt to link rejection of injections for cosmetic purposes and the desire for pain free dentisty, much less ranking their importance to anyone. At this point, it seems to me pointless to pursue trying to clarify to you what I meant, so I will let the thread progress to other more fruitful discussion.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Even when the kids are older and even if divorce may clearly be the best option, it's still hard on a family when the parents split. I wish the family well and hope they can maintain a friendly relationshiop for the sake of the kids, no matter what the reason for the separation.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Twenty five years is a pretty darn good run, relatively speaking. My money is on Maria being the one who is through. She's 55, which is in the age range women are, as a group, rather inclined to divorce. It's an age where the kids are mostly grown and often gone, so that focus is gone, and women start looking at their husbands in terms of spending the rest of their lives alone with this guy. She made that YouTube video a while back asking for advice on transitions, and I thought "She's done with Ahnold."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast