Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash

TAR Alert: HBO Series with Mike White, executive producer

So I'm watching HBO and there's a plug for new series that are shooting now and one of them is for the new series starring Laura Dern. And this familiar guy starts talking and it says "Mike White, executive producer" at the bottom of the screen.

I thought, oh, how nice, he's exec producing instead of acting. Acting?? Holy Crap, that's Mike who did The Amazing Race twice with his daddy, Mel!

The series is called "Enlightened." I don't know much else.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Check out his imdb page - he's a very successful, well respected and apparently very versatile producer/writer/director: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925234/

vCash
    Mike White is responsible for writing Chuck and Buck which, in my opinion, is a really important film in queer cinema. He also gave us The Good Girl which is Jen Anniston's one good role in a movie. I wasn't a fan of Year of the Dog, but in general, I really like White's work a lot. I think he has a very distinctive voice in his writing.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I was perplexed at first by Chuck and Buck because this guy scared me a little bit at first (stalker type.) But after the movie was over I realized how unique the character was and how talented he is I watched it again. And Mike White seems so unaffected by "Hollywood."