Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

CSI's Marg Helgenberger: Justin Bieber is a Brat

Boy, is she gonna get some hate email from the Bieb's fans....

http://www.canada.com/Marg+Helgenber...534/story.html
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Boy, is she gonna get some hate email from the Bieb's fans....

http://www.canada.com/Marg+Helgenber...534/story.html
    Points to him (or his team) for handling it well and taking the high road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Points to him (or his team) for handling it well and taking the high road.
    I'm not sure referring to her as "lame" is taking the high road. I also don't see where he denies that he did these things. But, I think any teen in his position probably would be a little bratty at times.

Yeah, she'll get some hate mail. But, I'm not sure if she's all that worried about the opinions of bratty fans of Bieber.

vCash
    Hate mail? Please. Tweens can't write. They'll post something on their facebook or twitter in a language only other tweens can read.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I'm not sure referring to her as "lame" is taking the high road.
    He didn't refer to her as lame; he referred to what she did as lame. Big difference IMO.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Hate mail? Please. Tweens can't write. They'll post something on their facebook or twitter in a language only other tweens can read.
    So true!! Watch out for the outrage expressed on youtube as well .

vCash
    I call BS. This sounds like one of those stories where the person suddenly announces, "Wait, I never said that!" There've been more and more of them lately.

Not that I know or care anything about Bieber, but I don't see a regular on an established TV series dishing the dirt like that. Usually they're way more careful.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Bieber's reply is silly. "Rumors are just rumors..." I don't think it is so much a rumor if a person directly involved is saying "this is what happened..." There are way too many stories like this for it to not be believable. I don't think he is a bad kid but he is clearly a spoiled brat at times and that is true for ANY teenager, much less one that is as rich and powerful as he is.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I call BS. This sounds like one of those stories where the person suddenly announces, "Wait, I never said that!" There've been more and more of them lately.

Not that I know or care anything about Bieber, but I don't see a regular on an established TV series dishing the dirt like that. Usually they're way more careful.

Too bad the first two letters of her assessment weren't "Tw" - KC from "China Beach" could have fit in here at FSU.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    He didn't refer to her as lame; he referred to what she did as lame. Big difference IMO.
    I don't see much difference. Either way, I don't see it as taking the high road. And he may call it a rumor, but he doesn't call it a false rumor. I see no denial here, so I don't see how he deserves any credit for "taking the high road." Because he didn't get downright nasty or lie and invokes his mother?

vCash
    As much as the whole Bieber thing gives me the sh*ts, I think those things seem like something a typical teenager would do if given half a chance.

There are teenagers out there doing a lot worse.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    As much as the whole Bieber thing gives me the sh*ts, I think those things seem like something a typical teenager would do if given half a chance.

There are teenagers out there doing a lot worse.
    Of course they are, but I wouldn't call putting your hand through someone's cake as typical.

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it sounds. He was probably joking around (locking a producer in a closet) and was trying to be funny with the cake maybe. Marg Helgenberger probably just doesn't have patience for bratty behavior like that. I know I don't.

Another explanation could be that he was drunk. That would be pretty typical teenage behavior.

His no-denial denial sounds silly. He would look better if he said he was just horsing around and maybe it got a little out of hand, and apologized.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Brat is a funny word. It can mean ill-tempered and spoiled when dealing with an obnoxious brat or it can be a little more playful (rascal, mischievous).

My youngest is a brat but she's not a brat.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Brat is a funny word. It can mean ill-tempered and spoiled when dealing with an obnoxious brat or it can be a little more playful (rascal, mischievous).

My youngest is a brat but she's not a brat.
    A mom is usually not the best judge of that.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Bieber's reply is silly. "Rumors are just rumors..." I don't think it is so much a rumor if a person directly involved is saying "this is what happened..." There are way too many stories like this for it to not be believable. I don't think he is a bad kid but he is clearly a spoiled brat at times and that is true for ANY teenager, much less one that is as rich and powerful as he is.
    There have been stories in the press on and off for a while about Bieber's behavior; throwing fits behind the scenes and generally acting entitled. The Esperanza Spaulding incident further made me think that Beiber is nothing like the person his PR team has created and his fangirls worship. Of course IMO that's true of the majority of celebrities.

I guess my old age is showing because I hate it when people exhibit crap attitudes and it's just shrugged off as "that's how young people behave, it's normal." I find it a shame that certain behaviors are seen as normal and just because it's considered par for the course these days doesn't make it right.

Sorry, off my soapbox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    I guess my old age is showing because I hate it when people exhibit crap attitudes and it's just shrugged off as "that's how young people behave, it's normal." I find it a shame that certain behaviors are seen as normal and just because it's considered par for the course these days doesn't make it right.
    Biebs and his mama need to realize that they're now responsible for this business that they've built. Biebs is the brand, and if he expects to have a career in 5 years, he needs to start pretending to be nice.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash

Sorry, off my soapbox.
    Not a soapbox - just your opinion. One I happen to be in total agreement with.

I give "Bieber Fever" a couple of more years, then those crazy teen girls will move onto someone else, just like they did from Zac Efron and The Jonas Brothers (urp).

vCash
    Hehe, Bieber's response of "I will continue to wish them luck" is pretty canned. I'm sure Bieber was wishing them luck all this time!

That said, I'm pretty relieved he's 17 now. It felt like he was 16 forever. Pretty soon he'll be 18, and that's practically ancient. NEXT!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    If he did do those things, then he did behave like a brat. Some baker worked for probably at least an hour making the cake and other people working on the show would probably like to eat it. It's disrespectful to put your hand threw it, and any teenager should know better. I can only imagine how that would have gone over if my nephew did a similar thing at the Mother's Day celebration.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    There have been stories in the press on and off for a while about Bieber's behavior; throwing fits behind the scenes and generally acting entitled. The Esperanza Spaulding incident further made me think that Beiber is nothing like the person his PR team has created and his fangirls worship. Of course IMO that's true of the majority of celebrities.

Sorry, off my soapbox.
    ITA. This is not the first report of him acting like a brat. I work in a university advising center and too many of the high school graduates that come in are the worst sort of entitled assholes with no common sense or manners. Their behavior is justified by the fact that they're "just kids". At 17, I certainly knew better than to punch a cake, throw a water balloon at a police officer or lock my employer in a closet. J. Biebs is just a tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast