Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov

Any reliable news links or other timely information on this young Russian dance team? I figure they deserve their own thread in GSD.

vCash
    I thought this was going to be a split thread.

vCash
    I was scared it was going to be a "I/K to Shpilband" thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    I highly doubt S&Z will take on any Russian team that is good enough to to be on the Russian podium (thus, keeping Yana & Fedor from getting onto an international team).

vCash
    Well, there were some rumours about them thinking to switch coaches or the Federation wanting them to switch coaches. I hope it doesn't happen, though. I really like Zhulin's work with them. If they are not on vacation and I can see them in Moscow, I will interview them. :-)

vCash
    I want them to stay where they are !!!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    ^But it seems they are pretty much not going to. So to whom are they off to? Seems like Morozov is the likely candidate, according to some posters on here...

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Ditto! I was almost afraid to open!
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Doesn't Morozov have too many skaters in his group?
    I think it's better for IK to stay with coaches who can work with them full time.

vCash
    Let's hope they stay just where they are right now.
    Zhulin is the only option viable for them. He has done, with all of his team, wonders for them.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    What is the conflict ? And could you answer in Elena and Nikita's topic please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Short interview with I/K after Support Japan charity show in St. Petersburg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A227P4ckPc

Q: As I understand, you are not exactly satisfied with your skating at the World Championships, or are you?
    A: Well, we are quite satisfied with the first day, everything that we prepared — maybe there were some rough moments, but we skated our maximum, and the audience, I think, was pleased.
    Q: Yes, we even started hoping for your placement in top 4, top 5. It didn't work out in the free dance, well, it happens. Now internet is full of rumors that you are changing coaches, something like that, do they have any ground?
    A: Maybe we had some problems, not even problems, misunderstandings, with our coaches, but in general, everything's good, and even if it wasn't, we wouldn't discuss that.
    Q: What's in yur plans for the next season?
    A: We will work at least 10 times harder, we'll try something new maybe, new style, new lifts...
    Elena: New programs, new images.
    Q: You got only level 3 step sequences, are you going to do something about that?
    A: Yes, of course, we are going to try something new, because we kept almost the same for three programs, just changed some elements, and now we will try something new.
    Q: The new ones will get you level 4, won't they?
    A: Why yes, of course they will.
    Q: I see, because this time, nobody got level 4 I think, at least for circular step sequence.
    A: Well, it's hard.
    Q: You are going to try?
    A: We are going to try.
    Q: Good luck for next season!
    A: Thank you!
    So he doesn't say anything specific, but my point is, Verner has the same sources as the rest of us, but serves his hints in a manner that makes him look like someone who knows it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Well, there were some rumours about them thinking to switch coaches or the Federation wanting them to switch coaches. I hope it doesn't happen, though. I really like Zhulin's work with them. If they are not on vacation and I can see them in Moscow, I will interview them. :-)
    Oh, please do!!

And I agree about Zhulin. I love his work approach with them!!

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I love love love them!
    They made me appreciate "Don Quixote" and I've never been this excited about Ice Dance before.
    I am totally lost in uberness and even had a nightmare last Sunday that I/K split up
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Zhulin has worked wonders with I/K. At this age they have to improve their technique and with Zhulin they have the best possible coach IMO.

Morozov has never improved the technique of any of his students. I fear that with him, I/K would stop progressing at this crucial age. Not to mention the ugly programs he started giving his students after a few brilliant years. Shiver.

Plus Morozov hasn't worked with any ice dancers for five years. His forcus is on singles and he must be out of the loop with all the changes. Even coaches working with dancers all the time are having trouble keeping up.

If I/K stay with Zhulin, they will be his main focus towards Sochi. I hope they stay and they end up with the same result as N/K.

vCash
    Moka-Ananas, I'm with you! They are my favorite team since I first saw them on JGP and the only reason why I still watch ice dance. But my biggest nightmare is to see them with Shpilband/Zueva. Can't even imagine Elena and Nikita skating to something cute, sweet and... boooooring! I think Zhulin is a perfect coach for them, he makes them different, they try new images and new styles with their every program, that's something teams like the Shibs can never do.
    Thanks God all these coaching changes things seem to be just rumors

vCash
    I'm probably in a minority but I prefer B&S. I&K are more promising and I did enjoy their Don Quixote, but I find B&S to be understated in a lovely way. Though their FD this season certainly left a lot to be desired.

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I'm probably in a minority but I prefer B&S. I&K are more promising and I did enjoy their Don Quixote, but I find B&S to be understated in a lovely way. Though their FD this season certainly left a lot to be desired.
    B/S are everything I/K are not IMHO.
    While I appreciate their technical abilities, they totally lack emotion. That's why I call them "vibrators": technically good but zero emotion.

I/K are sloppy sometimes and make mistakes but BOY do they ooze charisma
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    ^Agreed. I like B/S too - alot. But they don't have the "it" factor I/K have in spades. However, B/S have that very classical look and style I really appreciate in dance and I hope they have a much better FD next year.

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    IMHO, that entry in Vaitsekhovskaya's blog mentioned in the parallel thread is really about Iliushechkina/Maisuradze and not about I/K. The entry says that these unnamed skaters "leave" their coach on a regular basis under their parents' pressure and then come back. I've never heard anything like that re Zhulin and I/K.

vCash
    I found this segment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ms0h...ature=youtu.be

I/K are mentioned and Zhulin is also talking. Can someone tell us with few sentences what do they say? Thanks.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast