Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    47
    Posts
    17,726
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15832
    I am very pleased for them. It would be nice for them to retire on their own terms, not forced out by injury. So good on them for continuing.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    The decision to stop between euros and worlds was silly, esp when u then realise Shibs finished 3rd and Weaver 5th. Not taking anythin away from either team, they both skated beautifully but F/S could have taken both of them, esp with extra 5weeks of training...
    Yep. They must have been kicking themselves seeing the results. They would have been on the podium had they just stayed upright.

    However, the Shibs and Russians are probably only going to keep getting better, so I don't know if this is going to work out for them. They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.

    I *hated* what Linichuk did to them though, especially this year, both in programs and packaging. They were brilliant in 2008 with Camerlengo and Krylova, so I hope they go back to that more flowing style.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    Posts
    6,636
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.
    So true, so freakin pathetic, too....

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Age
    47
    Posts
    8,165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I hope they do come back. I like their style, and I feel they add interest to dance.
    This!

    Icedancing needs Federica and Massimo at the moment. I hope they do well. I needed to hear something positive.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3742
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Yep. They must have been kicking themselves seeing the results. They would have been on the podium had they just stayed upright.

    However, the Shibs and Russians are probably only going to keep getting better, so I don't know if this is going to work out for them. They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.

    I *hated* what Linichuk did to them though, especially this year, both in programs and packaging. They were brilliant in 2008 with Camerlengo and Krylova, so I hope they go back to that more flowing style.
    You did not like "Manolete"? I thought it was an amazing program, which could have become legendary if it had been performed to its potential.

    I also am both glad they reconsidered retiring, and worry that it will not be easy for them to stay competitive with the up-and-comers.
    improving my ballad- like lines

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,265
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    You did not like "Manolete"? I thought it was an amazing program, which could have become legendary if it had been performed to its potential.
    It's not so much like or dislike, I just found that it wasn't as well designed or constructed compared to their 2008-2009 FDs.

    There's too much skating in hand to hand position, too much side by side skating, the connecting movement consisting mostly of an occasional twizzle here and there rather than developed choreography and connections, too many stops, posing, uneven flow, lackluster lifts, Faiella's costuming in both programs highlighting her round shoulders and making her look too big and awkward for him, etc...

    Compare to 2008.

    More elaborate holds and connecting movements, excellent and thoughtful use of the free legs, more developed choreography, lifts better incorporated into program, far more consistent flow, super costuming for Faiella with fabric distracting from her upper back and shoulders while also making her look more light and whispy, etc.

    F&S were in direct contention with B&A there and even Susie Wynne couldn't talk them down because that program was so fab.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,681
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3742
    Thanks for replying, casken- I'll try to compare both programs from the technical point of view ( and hopefully learn smth).
    improving my ballad- like lines

  8. #48
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    18,214
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    19005
    I'm glad Faiella had the surgery and is healing. From the newest website entry, they would have had to miss Moscow anyway for her to be healthy.

    I, too, am hoping "Philadelphia" means Platov.

    I can't wait to see what they do next year!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Great! I've always enjoyed watching Frederica and Massimo, and seeing them get better and better over the years. This news makes me smile.

    And ITA re hoping the Kerrs would also return. I missed them too at Worlds in Moscow.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jani-Ayil
    Posts
    3,315
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Come on everybody!
    Lace your boots!
    All you looking good!

    I'm goona sing my song
    It won't take long!
    We're gonna do the twiz
    and it goes like this:

    Come on let's twiz again,
    like we did last winter!
    Yeaaah, let's twiz again,
    like we did last year!

    Do you remember when,
    things were really hummin',
    Yeaaaah, let's twiz again,
    twizzlin' time is here!

    Heeee, and round and round and up and down
    we go again!
    Oh, baby, make me know you love me sooooo,
    and then:

    Twiz again,
    like we did last winter,
    Come on, let's twiz again,
    like we did last year!

    TWIZ! YO!

    Who's that flyin' up there?
    Is it a bird? Noooooo!
    Is it a plane? Noooooooo!
    Is it Massimo? YEAAAAAAAHH!

    Twiz again, like we did last winter,
    Come on, Let's twiz again,
    like we did last year!!!!

    Do you remember when, things were really hummin',
    Come on, let's twiz again,
    twizzlin' time is here

    Heeee, and round and round and up and down we go again!
    Oh, baby, make me know, you love me sooooo! And then:
    Come on, twiz again, like we did last winter,
    let's twiz again, like we did last year!

    Come on, let's twiz again,
    twizzlin' time is heeeere!

    Last edited by Vagabond; 05-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phila., PA
    Posts
    3,579
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Great! I've always enjoyed watching Frederica and Massimo, and seeing them get better and better over the years. This news makes me smile.

    And ITA re hoping the Kerrs would also return. I missed them too at Worlds in Moscow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Come on everybody!
    Lace your boots!
    All you looking good!

    I'm goona sing my song
    It won't take long!
    We're gonna do the twiz
    and it goes like this:

    Come on let's twiz again,
    like we did last winter!
    Yeaaah, let's twiz again,
    like we did last year!

    Do you remember when,
    things were really hummin',
    Yeaaaah, let's twiz again,
    twizzlin' time is here!

    Heeee, and round and round and up and down
    we go again!
    Oh, baby, make me know you love me sooooo,
    and then:

    Twiz again,
    like we did last winter,
    Come on, let's twiz again,
    like we did last year!

    TWIZ! YO!

    Who's that flyin' up there?
    Is it a bird? Noooooo!
    Is it a plane? Noooooooo!
    Is it Massimo? YEAAAAAAAHH!

    Twiz again, like we did last winter,
    Come on, Let's twiz again,
    like we did last year!!!!

    Do you remember when, things were really hummin',
    Come on, let's twiz again,
    twizzlin' time is here

    Heeee, and round and round and up and down we go again!
    Oh, baby, make me know, you love me sooooo! And then:
    Come on, twiz again, like we did last winter,
    let's twiz again, like we did last year!

    Come on, let's twiz again,
    twizzlin' time is heeeere!

    Love this news! Come back to the Philly area (Mount Laurel, NJ?)!

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,668
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    They don't have the height difference to allow Massi to chuck Faiella around his shoulders as well as some other teams.
    They don't have to do those movements. Ice Dance is more than acrobatic tricks and they improved very much with K/C and L/K .I am happy that they decided to come back.All top S/Z's teams are good but some times it gets boring to watch similar programs and i hope F/S will continue to keep their style wherever they go and with whoever they choose to train.

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Vaca Lechera factory
    Posts
    10,018
    vCash
    214
    Rep Power
    5088
    Great news This was a really unlucky season for them so I hope they have a good return, especially at Europeans if they decide to compete there.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

  14. #54

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    On a magic planet with Meryl and Charlie
    Posts
    6,942
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16878
    FWIW - They could be 50 years old and would still be known as The Baby Italians.

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Still cheering for Mirai and Jeremy
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,861
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1270
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    lol, How Lambiel of them
    I was thinking how Jay-Z of them but since this skating we're talking, I guess the Lambiel reference would be more appropriate.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And hopefully they return better than ever!

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dailand
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I *hated* what Linichuk did to them though, especially this year, both in programs and packaging. They were brilliant in 2008 with Camerlengo and Krylova, so I hope they go back to that more flowing style.
    As long as she keeps her hands off the choreos, I hope they stick with Linichuk. Let's face it, she did wonders with them. They shone under her coaching, and reached their full potential and artistic maturity. They simply did not have "it" before moving to Aston, although the talent has always been there.

    Couldn't be happier to see them again!

    Forza Ragazzi!!!

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dailand
    Posts
    933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ice9 View Post
    Great news!

    Now I want the CDs back!
    Second that!

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by plushenkofan View Post
    And hopefully they return better than ever!

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Driving the Han Yan Fan Van
    Posts
    8,830
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Article from IFS (dated 5/28) says no, they are in fact retiring and have moved on. Discrepancy between when they were interviewed and when this was printed? Color me confused.

    http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...-massimo-scali

    Their most recent posting at their website (May 9) seems to indicate that they *will* in fact keep skating.
    http://www.faiellascali.com/eng/MenuNewENG.html
    Last edited by LilJen; 06-03-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •