Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    I feel so lost on Sunday night without TAR.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I don't think I even remember them
    I only remember Cheyne because of the hair, I remember thinking it looked stupid, and it still looks stupid.

I felt so lost last night.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I don't think I even remember them
    I had to look at the photos. And I still had to think really hard about anything memorable about them.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I had to look at the photos. And I still had to think really hard about anything memorable about them.
    There was nothing. I am the biggest TAR-uber there is, and if you asked me to rattle off all of the winners the show has had, I probably would not have been able to remember their names at the present time had they not been mentioned here in this thread. In fact, I think the most memorable thing about them is that here at FSU, we referred to them as "Barbie and Keyne," or something like that.

vCash
    I know Rob and Brennan (lawyers) won the first season by defeating Frank and Margarita.

I have no clue from then on. Which episode did long suffering partner whose name escapes me and Flo the horror win?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I think that was TAR 3 (and her partner was Zach. Easy to remember them as FloZach, because we all needed Prozac after watching her wretchedness on our screens all season)

ETA: I just checked and it was Seasaon 3 - I believe it was the next season that they introduced the rule about sharing Roadblock duties. Zach did 9 Roadblocks and Flo only did 1
    The 2nd place team had almost as bad a discrepancy - Teri only did 2 RBs, while Ian did 8. So glad that rule was created...
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Actually that rule was introduced in season 6. After, in season 5, the man of each team in the top 3 (Colin, Chip, and Brandon) did all roadblocks except for one which was the ONLY one done by the lady of each top 3 team (Christie, Kim, and Nicole).

vCash
    Flo's whiney ragdoll winning $500,000 on the back of Zach SHOULD have resulted in an immediate change of rules, but Yeh it didn't.

I that after her one RB -- selling tea to the locals -- she was sooooooooo proud of herself and STILL soooooooooo Flo ... whining how exhausted she was.

I recall S6 winner Kendra saying she was the first woman winner to have done her share of the challenges or something like that. Take that Flo and Kim!

vCash
    Flo's only roadblock? Yeah, it was escargot in Morocco and at DINNER time. Noone had trouble selling the escargot, I believe. People have to eat, don't they? It's way easier than, say, trying to sell sunglasses in Ghana.

Speaking of Kendra.... Whenever I think of season 6, I (unfortunately) think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66uCF2b5zs#t=200s

I still cannot believe that happened.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I started watching TAR during the Flo/Zach season, and I recall being caught up in the fact this woman was practically having a complete breakdown on my tv screen.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I want to know if Beefy is going to create a game for the new ABC Expedition show? Of course, he won't acknowledge the winner in any event.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I missed the episode when the Cowboys were eliminated. Was the clue that did them in something about "To Sail, To Stop"? Because Cord just tweeted this pic and asked people to tell Jet that it only took him 5 minutes to find it.

vCash
    I missed the episode when the Cowboys were eliminated. Was the clue that did them in something about "To Sail, To Stop"? Because Cord just tweeted this pic and asked people to tell Jet that it only took him 5 minutes to find it.
    Can't help you there. That was Osama Night, or something else that caused my DVR to miss it (like my sadness),

and knowing the outcome, I've deigned never to watch it.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 06-01-2011 at 02:34 AM.

vCash

Q:

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I want to know if Beefy is going to create a game for the new ABC Expedition show? Of course, he won't acknowledge the winner in any event.
    If the right people win, I'm quick to

Or maybe it's a one-question game: How badly will Mark Burnett's 'Expedition Impossible' suck?
    Choice A: HORRIBLY
    Choice B: EXPERTLY

Eh, maybe we'll do a very easy game. Like you rank 'em, and then watch to see how closely your ranking does. Lotsa fun when dubious teams like Vicky and Nicky almost make the F3.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    If I remember right, really the only reason they were eliminated that episode was because one person had to ride a moped from one end of Lichtenstein to the other and report the total KMs to get their next clue. Jet was wrong, and so were at least two other teams, but that was when everyone shared the correct answer with everyone else "except" the Cowboys, causing Jet to have to make the trip all the way back to the beginning, then start over again, while everyone else reported the correct answer (due to answer sharing, which I hate ).

I don't remember what "To Sail, To Stop" was about though. Not sure it was anything to do with it or not.

I'm sure someone shall correct me if I be wrong.

vCash
    "To Sail, To Stop" was in the first episode in Australia where the Cowboys finished last in the first half of a mega-leg (so they would have been eliminated if it weren't for the "keep racing" clue). But it wasn't even really the "To Sail, To Stop" part that did them in that leg, it was more around the roadblock with involved solving a puzzle with the saying "between the devil and the deep blue sea" where other teams were giving each other the answers, but not the cowboys.

vCash
    The Cowboys were eliminated when the Globetrotters U-turned them. They had already delivered the luggage to the hotels so they had to go back and eat cheese fondue. That was in Austria or Switzerland.

vCash
    Former contestant Deborah Cloyed has a fiction book out - The Summer We Came to Life. I didn't recognize her based on her picture; she was out on the third leg on her season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    Former contestant Deborah Cloyed has a fiction book out - The Summer We Came to Life. I didn't recognize her based on her picture; she was out on the third leg on her season.
    Oh, yeah, Debbie and Bianca. They seemed like strong contenders until they took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, uh, I mean Chile (or was it Peru?). Debbie was the one who told off Rob and then ate all that meat. Good times, good times.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast