Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I wish I woulda taped it so I could go back and look at the eliminated teams reactions. Dang it.

Is there any news out there that says exactly how far behind the G's and G/M were in finishing the race?

And they lied in the promo's about a "photo finish". To me, "photo finish" means the two teams were neck and neck, racing right next to each other right up to the final mat (like at the U-Turn with Kent/Vyxin and the Red's landing at almost the same time), and the G's seemed to be significantly behind once they got to those bikes.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 05-09-2011 at 08:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    And they lied in the promo's about a "photo finish". To me, "photo finish" means the two teams were neck and neck, racing right next to each other right up to the final mat (like at the U-Turn with Kent/Vyxin and the Red's landing at almost the same time), and the G's seemed to be significantly behind once they got to those bikes.
    ITA. I was expecting a finish like we had in the second season when the winning team passed the other team in a foot race, mere steps from the mat. Now THAT was a photo finish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Yay for Kisha and Jen!
    That last task has to be the stupidest final task in TAR history.
    Agreed. Between that and yet another "taxicab luck decider" that knocked out a deserving team, I didn't like this finale much.

Luckily, Kisha & Jen won out over the Trotters, who shoulda/coulda been out at any number of early legs, including leg #1, without all the assistance from hero worshipping other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    What a stupid final task!
    I still think season 9 had the best final task (roadblock: flags of countries visited in exact order, and then RUN to the finish line, aka no "whoever has the fastest taxi wins the race" finale).
    EYS, the most excellent finish ever for the franchise. Made even better by the fact that BJ & Tyler passed Eric & Jeremy from seeminly 20 minutes behind.

I'll say it again - FINAL legs must be "find your own way and drive/ride/walk yourself" transportation only. BAH!

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    did anyone else see Cara and Jaime's faces ... I forget which one it was, but the smile was there on her face, but her eyes were saying a far different story.
    I did notice that. It may have been bad luck w/camera timing, but the taller Red and cowboy Jet both looked like they were sucking on lemons. Jet barely cracked a smile during those final moments. But, at least Cord was smiling, cheering, and looking ... even gave a deft 20-foot hat toss toward the cameras at the end to punctuate a very good season!

vCash
    The Hoffmans [Kisha and Jen] said in a phone interview after Sunday's finale that the most influential part of their win was a Miami taxi driver named Louis, who helped them decipher clues with his smartphone and guided them along the route to the finish line.

"Our cab driver was an angel sent from heaven," said Jennifer Hoffman, who added that she wanted to find him to tip him some of their $1 million prize.

That wasn't the case for father-and-daughter duo Gary and Mallory Erwin, who lingered in third place after their driver got lost on the way to a dry dock boat challenge.
    for Kisha & Jen and their good luck, and I hope that they can indeed find Louis to gift him some ...

... but at the reality of luck being so huge in the result that even the beneficiaries acknowledge it as the biggest determinant over their own effort.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Totally agree. I think the entire last leg should be either drive yourself, or better yet WALK to every challenge. Maybe one cab to get you from the airport to the first task, or even better, an assigned car/driver who knows exactly where to take you so there is no 'getting lost', 'stop for gas', 'slow driver', and all that other crap that wins it or loses it for teams. Once you get to that first challenge, then you are strictly walking from place to place. They could make tasks close enough to be able to do that. I hate it when cab drivers decide the winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ Totally agree. I think the entire last leg should be either drive yourself, or better yet WALK to every challenge. Maybe one cab to get you from the airport to the first task, or even better, an assigned car/driver who knows exactly where to take you so there is no 'getting lost', 'stop for gas', 'slow driver', and all that other crap that wins it or loses it for teams. Once you get to that first challenge, then you are strictly walking from place to place. They could make tasks close enough to be able to do that. I hate it when cab drivers decide the winner.
    Wasn't that how the second season was done? That was the season with the epic race to the mat at the end but I also vaguely recall the teams running through the city (San Francisco??) from task to task.

vCash
    Some final legs have had more foot travel than others, but I think most have relied mostly on taxis. I think the producers fear letting the teams drive themselves in the final leg and the penultimate leg with $1,000,000 on the line...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Some final legs have had more foot travel than others, but I think most have relied mostly on taxis. I think the producers fear letting the teams drive themselves in the final leg and the penultimate leg with $1,000,000 on the line...
    I was wondering that too.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I just want to say I WON THIS FREAKING GAME.

Not that I'm bragging or anything.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Ya haven't won it 'til I put the finishing touches on that other thread. There's a chance that I may think of a rule that I wrote and forgot about or forgot to write about or something ... enabling the incredible KikiSashaFan come-from-behind victory that Dionne Warwick predicted a while back.

whistles melodically

vCash

Amazing Race Winners Meghan Rickey & Cheyne Whitney Marry

Congrats to the couple!

Really a lot to like about those two, good All American kids, even if they did bore me a bit within TAR with their lack of drama, respect for others, and their eleventyseven leg wins.

With a nod to the Amazing Race, the couple included three teams of contestants from the show in the bridal party: Tiffany Michelle and Maria Ho (professional female poker players); Sam and Dan McMillen (brothers who finished in second place); and recently divorced Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap (former Miss America and her husband who finished in third place).
    at the flower petal that just happened to be floating past Cheyne's crotch ... kinda looks like a wardrobe malfunction has his boxers on display.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Ya haven't won it 'til I put the finishing touches on that other thread. There's a chance that I may think of a rule that I wrote and forgot about or forgot to write about or something ... enabling the incredible KikiSashaFan come-from-behind victory that Dionne Warwick predicted a while back.

whistles melodically
    I've deserved a win ever since Nagano 1998.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Michelle? Is that you?

vCash
    Congrats to the couple!

Really a lot to like about those two, good All American kids, even if they did bore me a bit within TAR with their lack of drama, respect for others, and their eleventyseven leg wins.
    Definitely one of the best teams ever on the Amazing Race, totally deserved the win. Congratulations to them!

That Erika and Brian divorced Yeah she was bitchy toward him, but you could tell that she really loved him, and he loved her, and they genuinely connected. I wonder if their parents played a role. IIRC, they never accepted the marriage because it's interracial. Her mother refused to attend the wedding and literally never acknowledged that Brian has a name.

vCash
    This brings back lovely memories:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtD0RUIXn6o

That's exactly how a finale should be!!

It's amazing how close the frats were to getting it right. Not that I'm complaining because I wanted BJ&Tyler to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    This brings back lovely memories:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtD0RUIXn6o

That's exactly how a finale should be!!

It's amazing how close the frats were to getting it right. Not that I'm complaining because I wanted BJ&Tyler to win.
    That was a very satisfying finale!!

vCash
    "Eric's got the brains of the group, so I 'm lettin' him go with it"

1000% truth, but still ... it wasn't enough.

OTOH, "BJ went to Harvard and Stanford, so [he should be good at this]"

Uh, not so much, Jeremy. Education isn't necessarily tied to simply noting and remembering where you've been and what flags looked like.

BJ & Tyler

Loved that finish. F'n loved it. Was so cool to watch each of BJ's flags go "correct" at the end.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 05-14-2011 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    It just hit me that AR is over this season! :

vCash
    Finally got to watch the finale. Have to say that I am very satisfied with the winning team. A few weeks ago when everyone was dead to me, I said this:

I think smart hottie Justin deserves to be dissed by the Trotters or trampled over by Jen and Keisha on his way to the finish line.
    Even though I think Justin got his just desserts for helping the GTs, I was still sad not to see J/Z in the final three.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Congrats to the couple!

I don't think I even remember them
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast