vCash

Lady GaGa Special on HBO

Anyone else watching? It's pretty so far, I have to admit.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I wish but I don't have HBO. I am sure it will be online soon enough.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    There are so many songs that I don't really care about, but the spectacle has been pretty top notch.

Liza Minelli is in the audience
    Last edited by Allen; 05-08-2011 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    I just started watching. She's sporting a level 4 wedgie in that purple leopard print outfit. The music is kinda blah, but the costumes, staging, and lights are EXCELLENT.
    My 58 year old mother loves the plastic flying nun getup. Her dancing has improved a lot, and maaaan, she can scream. YOU WILLL SKKKATTTEEEEE. (sorry)

I also like HBO showing the costume changes. It's amazing how it all comes together so quickly from number to number.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I assume it will be repeated? I missed it and forgot to record it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I assume it will be repeated? I missed it and forgot to record it.
    If you have an HBO subscription, you should be able to watch it on HBO Go.

vCash
    You can watch the entire thing here:
    http://nl.justin.tv/jdellepiane/b/285432181

It is OK. I just don't know how well even the best concert can transfer to video. Sometimes, maybe all of the time, you just have to be there to get the same energy and excitement. I didn't realize that I don't know a lot of Gaga's songs. I know all of her singles and I had heard Monster, Speechless and Dancing in the Dark but all of the other ones are completely foreign to me.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    You can watch the entire thing here:
    http://nl.justin.tv/jdellepiane/b/285432181

It is OK. I just don't know how well even the best concert can transfer to video. Sometimes, maybe all of the time, you just have to be there to get the same energy and excitement. I didn't realize that I don't know a lot of Gaga's songs. I know all of her singles and I had heard Monster, Speechless and Dancing in the Dark but all of the other ones are completely foreign to me.
    I felt like there was too long of a section in the middle that I didn't know any of the songs. It would have been okay if I had liked the songs more. However, the ones that were singles were all really great, in my opinion. Of the lesser known songs, Beautiful, Dirty, Rich was my favorite from last night.

It's coming on right now on HBO2w.

vCash
    I am finally in love with one of Gaga's new songs. Edge of Glory was released to iTunes today and it is fantastic.
    -Brian

vCash
    Is her stage name inspired by the Queen song, "Radio Ga Ga"? I've wondered about this time for some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Is her stage name inspired by the Queen song, "Radio Ga Ga"? I've wondered about this time for some time.
    Yes. Many stars have their "Entrance Songs", Bob Hope's was "Thanks For The Memories", Dolly Parton's is invariably "Nine To Five" or "Here You Come Again" . Hers was "Radio Gaga". One day before her Emcee singing it, a stage hand typed it up, and his computor 'corrected' Radio to Lady, and the rest is history.

vCash
    i thought the concert was really great.

vCash
    I was at one of the concerts that was televised on HBO, and even in the nosebleed sections, the concert had an energy and sense of excitement that wasn't captured by watching it on HBO. Gaga in concert rocks, and until you've experienced an entire stadium singing along to "Bad Romance," you haven't experienced Gaga.