Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I don't know why it makes me to see Taylor Dayne at the Kentucky Derby, but it does.

She looks all kinds of though. Good on ya, Taylor!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    I'm glad to hear Arch3 will be okay, I hope Comma to the Top will be as well. I've haven't read anything about an injury to Battle of Hastings.
    Battle of Hastings had a condylar fracture similar to Arch3 and will have surgery to correct at Rood and Riddle. It is not a life threatening injury.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    But Sarah Hughes came to the BB party, looking mighty fab.

Sarah Hughes 1

Sarah Hughes 2

Sarah Hughes 3
    Sarah at the Derby
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Um, Sarah? That black bra was a mistake.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    It looks like a bodysuit (or likely a slip-like dress itself) that was designed to go under the sheer dress. I think it would look a tad better if the overlay had a slightly higher neckline (only and inch or so) but otherwise think she looks great!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    It looks like a bodysuit (or likely a slip-like dress itself) that was designed to go under the sheer dress. I think it would look a tad better if the overlay had a slightly higher neckline (only and inch or so) but otherwise think she looks great!
    Higher neckline and strapless bra or whatever it is, would have been vastly better. The black straps are rather unseemly, especially at this event.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My sister, who lives in Baltimore, saw a billboard that says,

"The Kentucky Derby, the last Prep Race before the Preakness."

Way to deflate America's most important race.

vCash
    Arch3 retired after successful surgery.

Arch3 Retired

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I will start by saying I am not a betting person. I go to Tahoe/Atlantic City and rarely spend a cent on gambling. I don't know any of the card games or roulette. If anything, I might spend $5 and 5 minutes on a slot machine. If I win anything, I put the $5 back in my pocket and leave. I once put in $5 and won $250, and I had absolutely no desire to continue so I took my $250 and left. I play Fantasy Football and NCAA basketball for fun (not money). I don't bet on the outcomes of games.

On Saturday, I had a really strong premonition that Animal Kingdom was going to win. About an hour before the race, I didn't know who was running or who were the favorites, but I heard the name Animal Kingdom for the first time, and I said to my mother and husband that he would win. I even got on my phone and found an online Derby betting site. I had a very strong urge to bet $1000!!!!!! Like the little red devil was on my shoulder kind of urge. Me -- I barely even bet $2 at people's Triple Crown parties. Then I talked myself out of it because I think it is generally a waste of money. Waaaaaaah!!!!! That would have been $20,000!!! But actually, it was a really weird feeling so I am glad I am not a gambling type because I can see how that kind of mind game with yourself can be dangerous.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Update on Battle of Hastings:

Battle of Hastings doing well after surgery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Update on Battle of Hastings:

Battle of Hastings doing well after surgery
    Thanks for the good news, skipaway.

vCash
    AK born March 20, 2008 Who knew what he'd become?

So Cute

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    AK born March 20, 2008 Who knew what he'd become?

So Cute
    He's like a mini-giraffe!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    So cute! And it's like he's saying, lemme out of here, the way the person is kind of holding onto him. May he continue to race well and safely!

vCash
    Southpaw, I'm sure that one day, you will get your very own mini-giraffe.

Sad news from Churchill Downs....

Churchill Downs: Jockey Michael Baze found dead in stable area

Jockey Found Dead, Promise Unfulfilled

vCash
    Only 24! How sad! And how creepy that it seems he was dead in his car for quite a while before medical personnel finally checked him out.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    Only 24! How sad! And how creepy that it seems he was dead in his car for quite a while before medical personnel finally checked him out.
    The odds are quite good it was not natural causes or murder, sad to say. He was having some problems.

I felt awful for John Cort--first Derby after such a hard-knock career and ArchArchArch takes himself out straight out of the gate. Thank God Cort was able to stay on. (Glad the horse lived, but gee, surprise surprise, 4x4 to Northern Dancer, 4x5 to Raise a Native. I wouldn't breed to something where I'd be afraid would snap an ankle every time he trips. Ought to geld him and sell him for a riding home. No lines there the breed can't afford to lose.)

Conversely, I would happily put my name down now if I had a mare to send to Animal Kingdom--only inbreeding is a 4Sx4d to Lyphard, which creates a very distant cross on Northern Dancer five back, but happily outweighed by all those totally unheard-of British, French, and German lines. Heck, I'd think about borrowing the money and begging to get her on his book if I had my horse's half-sister as my boy has Blushing Groom on the top, too, and apparently his female family crosses on it well...

vCash
    In case you hadn't heard, AK was injured probably in the Belmont stakes and has been diagnosed with a "slab fracture" of his left hind leg. He had successful surgery on Thurs at New Bolton and will be out the rest of the year.

AK out for Year

Dialed In, who ran in the KY Derby and Preakness is also out with an injury, a chip in the right knee and had surgery too.

Dialed In out

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I believe one of the jockeys in the Belmont got a suspension for rough riding and AK got caught in the crosshairs.

I never quite saw the excitement on Dialed In.

Anyway, attention's all moved on to the Ascot meet as it is. (Goldikova did not repeat this year. But at least she's still running.)

vCash
    I heard that Animal Kingdom has been cleared to resume racing. I hope he will be able to come back strong.

I met him yesterday and he is as sweet as can be -- as long as you come bearing the proper gifts of carrots and peppermints. He ate as many carrots and peppermints as we had for him and let us pet him on his head, cheek, nose. He has such a kind eye. He seemed just like a barn pet and yet he is the Kentucky Derby winner. The horse in the stall next to him was scoped while we were there and then he just looked at us so pitifully and hopefully we fed him carrots, too.

As an aside, we also met Better Talk Now, 2004 Breeders Cup Turf champ. Blackie wants you to remember that he is a champ and you'd also better have carrots and peppermints for him! He was out in his paddock and came running over to us, ate 2 or 3 carrots and peppermints and then turned his back on us and walked away. That's okay, he can do what he wants.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast