Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    i think if Amanda is on vacations yet maybe is thinking about what decide , is hard decide if end partnership or not , as i read on the interview to Mark he says that both are taking some time off i interpret as that in short term there is not any decision of end partnership but well just patience and wait for news about them in some weeks more i think .

i hope that they don't end their partnership yet or that delay the decision for next years
    Last edited by jorge; 05-11-2011 at 05:01 AM.

vCash
    They are both on Facebook and I have had dialogue with both.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Hmmm. It's not definite that they are continuing, but it sounds like we will get confirmation in a couple of weeks

Not definite that there continuing? Did something happen to make it look like they weren't?

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Not definite that there continuing? Did something happen to make it look like they weren't?
    No, but with all the recent US pairs splits, especially with the last two US championship teams splitting, I think people are just wondering what Amanda & Mark are going to do now. We should know something soon. I don't blame them for wanting to take a break after Worlds considering the postponement added nearly a month to their season.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    What they will do? Thee just on vacation. I should think that they'll be right back on ice. As I could never see them spliting. I don't even know if Amanda also skates Freestyle.

vCash
    You have to remember that neither one of them are exactly kids. Amanda is in her mid twenties and Mark is pushing 30. At their ages people often think about their future after competitive skating, It's only natural for each of them to take time and decide what they really want to do, and if their bodies can hold up under intense training and competition.
    I hope they continue. I think they're great. But it's their decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralgraph View Post
    You have to remember that neither one of them are exactly kids. Amanda is in her mid twenties and Mark is pushing 30. At their ages people often think about their future after competitive skating, It's only natural for each of them to take time and decide what they really want to do, and if their bodies can hold up under intense training and competition.
    I hope they continue. I think they're great. But it's their decision.
    I think Mark will be 31?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Yes, Mark turned 31 earlier this month and Amanda will be 27 in November. They been skating together since 2002 -- that's 9 consecutive US Nationals since 2003!

Spiralgraph brings up very good points and if/when they decide to stop competing as a team, I would imagine most fans would understand why and respect their decision. They've had a long and admirable career up to this point.

Did you write them a letter, FSWer?

vCash
    I responded to Amanda's Facebook vacation update that we really need them next year (and I apologized for "talking shop" whilst on vaca ) I do hope they come back but I can understand if they don't. Pairs is the hardest discipline...
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12