Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    I know Bryce has duel citizenship, but would he still have to be released by Skate Canada? Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in other threads, I just can't find it at the moment.

I just want to see Bryce continue skating so that would be amazing. Did they (being D&D) compete this season at all? I don't think they have so he could start competing with Yankowskas pretty quickly internationally. Thankfully, citizenship won't be an issue.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    What kind of idiot drops Caitlin to skate with Caydee
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Jeez. There is a legitimate chance M/B will be the top American Pair next year if certain things fall into place. I really like them, but right now that would be

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    What kind of idiot drops Caitlin to skate with Caydee
    if this is true (and i refuse to believe it until sylvia confirms it) we should pity the poor person who thinks it is a good idea and try to get him a psych consult. retirement makes sense, this not so much.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    If people were treating it like a business, then wouldn't the skaters suck it up and realize that their partnership is successful and worth working through, rather than having to start over with someone new?
    ^ This. Exactly.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8mom1970 View Post
    If you are not from CO Springs then no, you wouldn't have seen this coming. The fact is that once Caydee showed up under the cover of her sister you could see what was happening. John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time.

While I appreciate the attitudes of people who like this team, the fact is that this is a business and it is time to seperate business from what makes people happy. I am sad for Caitlyn, however, as there are few US men around, and she will never get a release to skate with a Canadian.
    Ah, gotta love gossiping skating moms who bash kids from their rink on a message board. Is it jealousy? Parents with too much time on their hands?

Also, why is the girl always the one that's getting bashed? While I'm sure every skater has their "diva moments", I doubt the guys are all perfect angels and a pleasure to work with on a daily basis. Part of being a team is being able to work through those rough days when there are arguments, tension, etc. You can't skate with someone every day and expect things to always be smooth sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Someone upthread said she is 5'2, but ok.
    She's listed at 5'3" on Icenetwork and slightly over 5'2" on the ISU bio.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 05-05-2011 at 04:51 AM.

vCash
    If Caydee is really that rich and is buying herself a partner, why John? No offence to John, but there are quite a few available talented male pairs skaters--more talented than John, IMO, but their availability is even bigger. And if availability is not an issue for Ms. Richie Rich, then why not go after someone really good like Trankov or HeZhang?

Given her profile (and despite all the negative posts herein), I'm sure there must have been someone who would've wanted to partner with Caydee regardless of the financial state of her parents.

I think Cody Hay would make an excellent partner for Yankowskas.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    if this is true (and i refuse to believe it until sylvia confirms it) ...
    ^^^ THIS
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post

I think Cody Hay would make an excellent partner for Yankowskas.
    I can only hope Yankowskas finds a partner in the USA, otherwise, it would be a tremendous loss to US figure skating.

I find the idea that John would dump Caitlin for Caydee really hard to believe. One of the things that really hurt D&B is their lack of chemistry and their "look" as a pair. Not to bash on Caydee who is obviously tremendously driven and talented, but at least visually, Caitlin fit John to a T. Her line, carriage and presentation ability was the perfect compliment to John's more athletic presentation. These are things that Caydee simply lacks. There is more to the makeup of a team than the ability of both partners to jump.

If John has decided to move on with his life, then I respect his decision and wish him luck. If the rumors are true and he has decided to pair with Caydee, then

Someone get Caitlin some tryouts ASAP!

Awaiting Validation
    vCash

Wink its business.

If you are not from CO Springs then no, you wouldn't have seen this coming. The fact is that once Caydee showed up under the cover of her sister you could see what was happening. John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time.

While I appreciate the attitudes of people who like this team, the fact is that this is a business and it is time to seperate business from what makes people happy. I am sad for Caitlyn, however, as there are few US men around, and she will never get a release to skate with a Canadian.
    So when your daughter is dumped because she got to fat or someone realizes that she will never be able to jump don't be upset....IT'S BUSINESS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupagegal View Post
    So when your daughter is dumped because she got to fat or someone realizes that she will never be able to jump don't be upset....IT'S BUSINESS.

Moms are fun!

vCash
    You've got to be kidding me. WOW. TOTALLY didn't see this coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    If Caydee is really that rich and is buying herself a partner, why John? No offence to John, but there are quite a few available talented male pairs skaters--more talented than John, IMO, but their availability is even bigger. And if availability is not an issue for Ms. Richie Rich, then why not go after someone really good like Trankov or HeZhang?
    I was wondering kind of the same thing. Especially because I love Y/C.

What does Caydee's family do, exactly, that makes her so rich? Her dad was an artistic roller skater (which isn't exactly a "money sport")...must be a family thing.

vCash
    How tall is Taylor Toth? I don't know much about his pair skills, but him and Caitlin would be a pretty couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by isamelia View Post
    What is Ben Okolski doing these days?
    I was thinking the same thing. But is he still involved in the sport? From the C&O retirement article :
    Okolski will attend Washtenaw Community College and is considering a major in accounting.

“I’m looking forward to going back to school as well as continuing coaching,” Okolski said. “I hope to pass on what we’ve learned throughout our competitive career.”
    Caitlin & Bryce would be great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Bryce Davison + Cailtin Yankowskas = American version of V&T!! I want this super-team to happen ASAP!!
    That would be awesome.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    If this is true, then I would be shocked.

vCash
    John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time.
    I don't get it... If John can't stand Caitlin and her diva attitude, then why did he wait four years to leave her?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Especially after one of the highest placements at the World's Championships for an American pair team in years. That makes total business sense.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I wonder if Caitlin knew BEFORE worlds that John was leaving her?

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast