Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    That's it for me. In the future, the only pairs teams that I will get emotionally invested in will be in dance. I hope that Caitlin finds another partner soon! I enjoyed watching her skate at Worlds this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    Drew Meeken, She is to big for Drew Meekin he had a hard time lifting Jessica who was smaller then Caitlin and he is to skinny. She needs someone over 6' and a bigger build.
    That's surprising. I got to meet Caitlin at Nationals during an autograph session, and I was amazed at how tiny she was. Tiny tiny tiny! If Drew can't lift and throw Caitlin, then who could he lift and throw?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    That's surprising. I got to meet Caitlin at Nationals during an autograph session, and I was amazed at how tiny she was. Tiny tiny tiny! If Drew can't lift and throw Caitlin, then who could he lift and throw?
    Caitlin is 5'3" yes? So for a pairs girl that's actually not tiny, even if she is really skinny, a girl who's 4'11" or 5' is bound to weigh less, and for pairs that's more of an average height for a girl. Anyhow, a girl of her height should ideally with a guy at least 6' tall. Julia Vlasov was too big for Drew and was also 5'3".

In any event, I'm really sad they are breaking up after having such a successful season. I was thinking they might have a shot at medaling come Sochi if they stayed together...

is silently judging you
    vCash
    Oh, man. You've gotta be kidding me!

We need to ID a quality guy for Caitlin ASAP. She and Bryce would be a dream but I doubt they'd be able to get him. This is too bad.
    The audience I am trying to reach are champion figure skaters. I think they need me the most. -- Morrissey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Well, I have not seen Drew since he skated with Jessica so maybe he has bulked up but Caitlin needs someone taller and bulkier then Drew Meekins. He struggled on lifts with Jessica and she was not even 5'0. Plus, although Drew has beautiful lines and I had loved to watch him skate, I think he perhaps should maybe look to skate with Caydee Denney, she is tiny tiny tiny!!!!!
    Which is what he needs.

vCash
    I apologize for not reading this whole thread, but is Stephen Carriere tall enough for her? He was thinking of switching to pairs. I'm thinking he might be too short, but he's a really nice skater, imo. Would love to see him get an opportunity to continue. He was always held back a bit by his lack of pizazz, but that wouldn't hurt so much in pairs. Everyone will be looking at the girl anyway!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash

I really liked them...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Caitlin is 5'3" yes? So for a pairs girl that's actually not tiny, even if she is really skinny, a girl who's 4'11" or 5' is bound to weigh less, and for pairs that's more of an average height for a girl. Anyhow, a girl of her height should ideally with a guy at least 6' tall. Julia Vlasov was too big for Drew and was also 5'3".
    Someone upthread said she is 5'2, but ok.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Bryce Davison + Cailtin Yankowskas = American version of V&T!! I want this super-team to happen ASAP!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Bryce Davison + Cailtin Yankowskas = American version of V&T!! I want this super-team to happen ASAP!!
    I know Bryce has duel citizenship, but would he still have to be released by Skate Canada? Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in other threads, I just can't find it at the moment.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash

It would be weird to see a Denney/Coughlin partnership...

vCash
    I wish them both luck.

It's always sad when teams break up, but a part of me is always excited at the possibilities.

vCash
    sad as well.

she's like obertas ... v. talented.

little off topic but i hope that E/L will be tempted to stay for one more season. i just adore them .... now, these two are evenly matched and skate as a pair. to me they are just the loveliest ppl ... if E/L retires as well, I wonder who's left!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Just got a text message from a friend who is very reliable in terms of her sources. Supposedly, he confirmed that he will be skating with Caydee Denney. What a mistake if this is really true!
    If you are not from CO Springs then no, you wouldn't have seen this coming. The fact is that once Caydee showed up under the cover of her sister you could see what was happening. John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time.

While I appreciate the attitudes of people who like this team, the fact is that this is a business and it is time to seperate business from what makes people happy. I am sad for Caitlyn, however, as there are few US men around, and she will never get a release to skate with a Canadian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8mom1970 View Post
    If you are not from CO Springs then no, you wouldn't have seen this coming. The fact is that once Caydee showed up under the cover of her sister you could see what was happening. John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time.

While I appreciate the attitudes of people who like this team, the fact is that this is a business and it is time to seperate business from what makes people happy. I am sad for Caitlyn, however, as there are few US men around, and she will never get a release to skate with a Canadian.
    Mama Denney, is that you?

vCash
    John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time.
    I find this difficult to believe, as there isn't exactly a shortage of potential female pairs partners in the US. And if Coughlin dislikes "diva attitudes", it doesn't sound like Caydee (and her mom) would be a good choice.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Mama Denney, is that you?
    LOL

First negative response toward Caitlin in 8 pages!! hmmmmm....

vCash
    He hid it pretty well then. I thought everything was fine between them, but I guess when you are skating well pretty consistently it's easier to appear that way.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ...John can't stand Caitlyn and her diva attitude. He has been looking for a long time....
    While I appreciate the attitudes of people who like this team, the fact is that this is a business and it is time to seperate business from what makes people happy.
    If people were treating it like a business, then wouldn't the skaters suck it up and realize that their partnership is successful and worth working through, rather than having to start over with someone new?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I really enjoyed this team. Very sad they split. If there was animosity, they hid it well in competition.

I thought pairs that didn't get along/couldn't stand each other was a long honored tradition???

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast