Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Just got a text message from a friend who is very reliable in terms of her sources. Supposedly, he confirmed that he will be skating with Caydee Denney. What a mistake if this is really true!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Just got a text message from a friend who is very reliable in terms of her sources. Supposedly, he confirmed that he will be skating with Caydee Denney. What a mistake if this is really true!
    I really hope that's not true.

vCash
    Please tell me this is a joke!!!! I know nothing about U.S. pairs gossip, but does anyone know if Caitlin and John were romantically involved? If he still is skating they must have had a personal falling out?

vCash

But why? They were doing so well!

vCash
    I cant imagine he'd leave such a superior partner. Caitlin is miles above Caydee. The original article I read said the she would look for a new partner, while he would like to remain involved in skating. To me, that sounds more like a retirement (maybe go into coaching).
    Erm.... I got nothin'

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If so, he is dead to me. She's nowhere near the skater Caitlin is. That 6th place finish at Worlds was the best he'll get.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'd put my money on money being the major factor. Maybe John figured a US championship and a trip to Worlds was the high note of his career and better to end now. It's soooooooo expensive to be a pairs skater in the US. I wish him well.
    I could see him maybe thinking it won't get much better than this... Considering his posture, lines, etc., and how difficult it is to ever improve/correct things that sometimes you are either have or you don't, he really might feel he has maxed out on his ability. (Then again as a team, I felt he and Caitlin were making great strides and still had room to improve.) But I would really hope that money isn't a main factor in this. That would be too sad. If a US Champion pair skater is struggling so much financially he feels compelled to quit, there isn't much hope for lower-ranking pairs.

vCash
    They seemed to really get along well.. I'm very shocked they ended their partnership.

vCash
    If he's going to skate with Caydee he's crazy. I hope Caitlin gets another partner and they do better than him and Caydee.

vCash
    If this is true, I have to wonder what the hell he's thinking (presuming he's the one that ended the partnership, which I get the feeling he was).

vCash
    Hope it's just a case of something lost in retweeting/retexting. Perhaps as simple as the "not" in "not considering Caydee" got dropped.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Too bad!
    I wonder what the "backstory" is?

vCash
    Oh my god. I actually don't think it would be awful... Denney is stronger in terms of throws, seems to be capable of more difficult lifts (although her positions are really suspect), etc... But I really question dumping Caitlin for her. Who's to say Caitlin wouldn't have improved any further in terms of difficulty in throws and what not? And she has some qualities Denney just doesn't have. Poor girl. You would think 6th in the world would be enough to keep the pair together another year at least. Darn.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I thought this had to be a mistake or an April Fools joke that got bumped up. That is just too bad. I am sure there is a very valid reason for whomever decided to end this. I just hope it isn't over something like money. If it is the then USFS needs to step in and see what they can do to support their best team in a long time who just finished top 6 at Worlds.

If he is leaving his partner for Caydee then...just wow. I can only assume he committed to her BEFORE their huge success and he wont or can't go back on his word.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Not a surprise. I wish John well. Now Caitlin should look for her own "Trankov."
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    My god. So much since worlds finished has been so worthy. It's not even been a week!

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I wonder if Rockne is kicking himself for not waiting a little longer to find a partner.
    Seriously.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    NOOOOOOO!
    Well, I hope Caitlin finds a stellar partner ASAP. How's Bryce Davison's injury?
    She has the ability to hold the spectator's attention like very few skaters do. Please let her keep skating, and with somebody great.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I guess the rumor that Caydee would have a partner by the end of the month wasn't so far-fetched after all. I just don't see huge benefits in dumping Caitlin for her, but I guess from a technical standpoint, it would make a tiny bit of sense. Still sad though.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I wonder if Rockne is kicking himself for not waiting a little longer to find a partner. not that I think Caitlyn would be a great fit for him, but he wouldn't look like her dad.
    When he was looking for a partner last year, I was thinking to myself Caitlin Yankowskas would be "perfect" for him. She's tiny.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast