Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    introducing...and saying goodbye to
    well, they were lovely.
    i hope they move on to great things.

vCash
    First it was Castile/Okolski. Then McLaughlin/Brubaker. Now Yankowskas/Coughlin? I'm done getting emotionally invested in US pairs teams. It doesn't ever go well for me.

I wish them well in their futures...but what a great big 'what if' for their future together on the ice. I think we could've seen some true greatness from them.

vCash
    Wth?!! No way!! I remember someone saying they might retire on here a few weeks ago (must have had some sort of insider info) and I didn't believe it.. how sad!! They didn't look unhappy at worlds. I hope he's actually retiring and not looking for another partner. I don't think he's going to have as much success right now with someone else.

vCash
    *facepalm*

I swear, being the top pair in the US is like being the drummer for Spinal Tap.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Wow, I am super surprised. I am speculating this has to have been mainly a financial decision, which makes it understandable but still sad. However, I am glad John and Caitlyn got to make it to Worlds and skate so well in such a packed field.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Wow, that's a total shock. So sad to see them split, just after finally winning a US championship and being 6th & the top North American team at worlds.

Is John really done with competing!?!? That would be the only thing that would make this split make sense as maybe he's ready to move on to the next chapter in his life.

vCash
    What in the world?! They showed so much promise together! Wow...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Wow, I am super surprised. I am speculating this has to have been mainly a financial decision, which makes it understandable but still sad. However, I am glad John and Caitlyn got to make it to Worlds and skate so well in such a packed field.
    That would be really sad
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    WTH?!

First US pair I've liked since I/Z. That LP at worlds was gorgeous!

vCash
    Just adding my shock & sadness to the mix. I haven't cared for pairs skating (at all, not just US) in a number of years - But I tuned in to watch them skate. They really had something special.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    This makes NO sense. No wonder we can't get a Worlds-podium team out of the U.S. program.

Damn.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    *facepalm*

I swear, being the top pair in the US is like being the drummer for Spinal Tap.
    *SNORT* You owe me a laptop-keyboard cleaning.

THIS is why I don't follow US pairs. There's not point in getting attached anymore. What gives?

vCash
    I'm in shock too. I really liked them immensely.
    Hope she gets a new partner very soon.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    THIS is why I don't follow US pairs. There's not point in getting attached anymore. What gives?
    I don't know about that, you had like a decade to get attached to Inoue&Baldwin.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Might be for the best in the long run for Caitlin. She has star quality and i'm not sure John will ever be the partner she needs to get where she wants to go.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'd put my money on money being the major factor. Maybe John figured a US championship and a trip to Worlds was the high note of his career and better to end now. It's soooooooo expensive to be a pairs skater in the US. I wish him well.

I wonder if Smirnov would like to move to the US? Caitlin has that classic Russian look.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I wonder if Smirnov would like to move to the US? Caitlin has that classic Russian look.
    She really does. She looks like Obertas. I hope she finds a partner, because she deserves one.

JEWELS.
    vCash

Caitlin is so , she needs to find another high-level partner. She's just stunning on the ice.

It would be a real shame if this was all about . They've finally had the results that will bring them some good funding.

Vacant
    vCash
    Wow that's just awful news. I was only saying in the Worlds pbp thread for pairs LP how much I enjoyed them and jokingly hoped they would stay together, thinking there's no way a pair who debuts top 6 at Worlds in THAT field would split.

vCash
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : : :

*ahem*

I'm totally perplexed as to why he would end the parntership! I loved their skating so much and was really looking forward to seeing them grow. Caitlin is an absolute rockstar, and I hope she can find someone equally as brilliant.

I suppose part of the reason for all of these break ups is the expense? But then why don't U.S. ice dancers have as many break ups? I'm so sad to see this pair part ways, but they have to do what's best for themselves and I hope it all works out.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast