Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    vCash
    I do not understand why they split, why break up a good thing?

vCash
    One thing I've learned over my many years of following this sport is that the majority of pair and dance splits are complicated and there usually isn't just ONE reason or person at fault. We fans aren't the ones who are interacting daily with a partner and coach/coaches, both on and off the ice, and putting in all the hard work with the goal of improving and progressing as a team. As much as we want to know "what really happened" to cause a team to split, chances are we won't ever know "the whole truth."

I've watched Yankowskas/Coughlin from their first season (2007-08) and they certainly have come a very long way in 4 seasons together. I was truly impressed with the noticeable improvements in their respective weaknesses as well as in their overall "look" as a team THIS season. It is my personal belief that the death of John Coughlin's mother last year and their "Ave Maria" FS tribute program to her memory were keys to their success in 2010-11. As a result, I think they both skated/competed with a higher level of emotion, and connection to each other, than they ever have before. Could they have sustained this level and/or continued to improve in the future? We'll never know, but their split doesn't take away everything they achieved together as a team this season, and I hope they will always be proud of their accomplishments.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-17-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    One thing I've learned over my many years of following this sport is that the majority of pair and dance splits are complicated and there usually isn't just ONE reason or person at fault. We fans aren't the ones who are interacting daily with a partner and coach/coaches, both on and off the ice, and putting in all the hard work with the goal of improving and progressing as a team. As much as we want to know "what really happened" to cause a team to split, chances are we won't ever know "the whole truth."

I've watched Yankowskas/Coughlin from their first season (2007-08) and they certainly have come a very long way in 4 seasons together. I was truly impressed with the noticeable improvements in their respective weaknesses as well as in their overall "look" as a team THIS season. It is my personal belief that the death of John Coughlin's mother last year and their "Ave Maria" FS tribute program to her memory were keys to their success in 2010-11. As a result, I think they both skated/competed with a higher level of emotion, and connection to each other, than they ever have before. Could they have sustained this level and/or continued to improve in the future? We'll never know, but their split doesn't take away everything they achieved together as a team this season, and I hope they will always be proud of their accomplishments.
    Well said.

vCash

Bravo Sylvia

vCash
    Thank you, Sylvia.

vCash
    No need to thank me -- I want to thank BOTH Caitlin and John for giving me such memorable skating moments this season, especially their "Ave Maria" free skate at Nationals and Worlds. And I'm so glad I got the opportunity tell Caitlin in person how impressed I was with her beautiful skating and to let John and his family know that I felt Y/C had truly honored the memory of his mother, Stacy, with their heartfelt performances as a TEAM on the ice.

vCash
    ITA, and as you know I felt exactly the same way with respect to the Dube/Davison split.

Thank you for your excellent posts.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    No need to thank me -- I want to thank BOTH Caitlin and John for giving me such memorable skating moments this season, especially their "Ave Maria" free skate at Nationals and Worlds. And I'm so glad I got the opportunity tell Caitlin in person how impressed I was with her beautiful skating and to let John and his family know that I felt Y/C had truly honored the memory of his mother, Stacy, with their heartfelt performances as a TEAM on the ice.
    Lovely..I am so glad that I got to see their wonderful performances in Greensboro , also.

vCash

Thumbs up

vCash
    First of all to Caitlin. You are the most elegant skater and you deserve so much better than this.
    You deserve a coach who wants the best for the team - not just the individual skater. You and John could have gone so much further if you didn't have a coach undermining your ability and confidence.
    I am certain you will be fine in the long run but understand you must be devastated by the situation.
    And to John who I used to admire as a person but through the last few years I have figured out you were not the person you portrayed. I am disappointed.
    I do wish Denney and Coughlin the best. But to Caitlin - I wish good fortune and happiness with a new partner and hopefully a new coach.

Does anyone else see a pattern here with Dallila? So much talent has gone by the wayside with her. Something is definitely not kosher in COSprings. If I were any parent with a child in skating or wanting to pursue pairs, I certainly would not go there for training, especially for girls.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal Girl View Post
    And to John who I used to admire as a person but through the last few years I have figured out you were not the person you portrayed.
    In the past few yrs? I thought that mostly everyone was pissed at him for the last few wks..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal Girl View Post
    First of all to Caitlin. You are the most elegant skater and you deserve so much better than this.
    You deserve a coach who wants the best for the team - not just the individual skater. You and John could have gone so much further if you didn't have a coach undermining your ability and confidence.
    I am certain you will be fine in the long run but understand you must be devastated by the situation.
    And to John who I used to admire as a person but through the last few years I have figured out you were not the person you portrayed. I am disappointed.
    I do wish Denney and Coughlin the best. But to Caitlin - I wish good fortune and happiness with a new partner and hopefully a new coach.

Does anyone else see a pattern here with Dallila? So much talent has gone by the wayside with her. Something is definitely not kosher in COSprings. If I were any parent with a child in skating or wanting to pursue pairs, I certainly would not go there for training, especially for girls.
    How do you know any of this as fact?

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    How do you know any of this as fact?
    Hi...waves across a continent...posting at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    In the past few yrs? I thought that mostly everyone was pissed at him for the last few wks..
    Past few years????????

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Past few years????????
    Waves to you across a continent..really..it gets curioser and curioser..

vCash
    Hmmm me thinks Cal Girl is either Keauna or Brynn Carman both who have been in the Springs!

vCash
    I don't think it's useful to play a guessing game, name names, and/or point fingers at people who may not be involved in posting here at FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceaxels View Post
    Hmmm me thinks Cal Girl is either Keauna or Brynn Carman both who have been in the Springs!
    Hi welcome to the board , and your name is?
    Last edited by Mayra; 05-18-2011 at 04:40 AM.

vCash
    Just long time lurker. Follow skaters on twitter and fb. Seems like there is FAR more to the story.

I tell my own kids...."it's always the second kid who gets caught...walk away and don't respond so you aren't the second kid"

Maybe John is the "second kid" or just reacting to something?

vCash
    No neither - just a long time person in skating who has seen the best and worst of people.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast