Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    y'all are nuts. Caitlyn's makeup is

And I love Caydee's shorter hair, so I'm not jumping on the Caitlyn vs. Caydee mud sling fest
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    And, there were suggestions that Volo/Trankov pair up long before they actually did, so never underestimate the power of FSU.
    Yes, and when Rockne was looking for a partner one of FSU members pointed to MBM and some weeks later they were skating together. And we know for sure that his dad was reading the thread.

Just me
    vCash
    So what's the situation with the French guy Maria tried skating with? Would he like to move to the US?
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post

If the Denney rumor is true, and I don't think it is, then the Denney family must have thrown a boatload of at John. I can't see any other way.
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot, where does this idea of the Denney family throwing money around for Caydee to get a partner come from? Is this something they have actually done in the past or have we all just seen "The Cutting Edge" too many times?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    Well the good news is that we ALL have opinions and I liked both teams, Caydee/Jeremy and then Caitilin/John. But regardless if any of the rumor is true or not true. Caydee Denney is far more a better athlete then Caitlin will ever be. Caydee has a natural beauty and although needs to improve on her grace on the Ice. Caitlin is as FAKE as they come and uses make up that is over done! Thank god for our own opinions. But I respect yours but disagree that Caydee Denney is a step down from Caitlin. Both girls have strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure this whole Caitlin VS Caydee is all prompted from Caitlins also over made up mother.
    If you are a skate mom there, then it makes more sense to me now when people say there is a lot of drama in that rink. Even if Caitlin's makeup doesn't suit some people, I don't think she looks awful or like a clown. At least she doesn't make herself look overly orange, wear bizarre color eyeshadow, etc. I mean, it could be so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Oh yes, this is imperative! I mean, if a bunch of anonymous posters on a message board can't find a partner for a skater most of us have never even met, well, she's just doomed!
    It's not like there is a big selection, especially at this level. The better skater you are, the less suitable partners there are out there. Chances are, if Caitlin finds a partner, it will be a skater someone on FSU has either mentioned, or someone people here at least know about. Nobody's pulling a rabbit out of the hat when it comes to pair partners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Just my humble two cents but I think it's always a good idea for people directly affiliated with competitive skaters to refrain from posting gossip/speculation/negative opinions of skaters, parents and/or coaches on Internet forums. Bad karma, anyone?
    There is also no better way to turn fans against a skater than to have his or her family, friends etc trashing the competition.

It could very well be that Caitlin is the second coming of "Moody" Maria Mukhortova. In which case we can't blame John for running a mile away from her, but when you have the other camp coming online and trashing the girl's character and looks(of all things)...

Well, lets just say it doesn't speak very well for them and unfortunately it throws shade into the character of said skater as well. Just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    So what's the situation with the French guy Maria tried skating with? Would he like to move to the US?
    Jerome Blanchard came back to France. I saw somewhere that he was working for the family business in Lyon. On the other hand, there are two other French pair partners that ended their partnership recently. Max Coia would be perfect for Caitlin, but he did shows last year and I doubt he is coming back. But you never know. Blanchard came back after a long pro break. Yannick Kocon also ended his partnership this year. They are both very good jumpers with decent pair skills.

Max Coia and Caitlin would look incredibly hot together.

It is worth changing countries for a very good partner, but there are good American pair skaters available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I know you have to have more dramatic make-up (I used to be a dancer), but Caitlyn's "panda eyes" (to quote someone on FSU) and the rest of the bad make-up applications (and color pallets ) you see are from ladies who just don't know what they are doing.

If someone is complaining about a skaters make-up, it must mean the rest of what they do is pretty good.
    There is no excuse for someone having bad hair and make-up at US Nationals, because there is a Skater Services committee which brings in profesional hairdressers and make-up artists as volunteers. Every skater, from Novice on up, can get their hair and makeup done for free. Not all take advantage of the service, which is a shame.

At any rate, I think Caitlyn uses heavy makeup, especially eyeliner (I don't have an HD tv), but it kind of works for her coloring.

On topic, I was shocked and dismayed by this announcement. I was a big fan of Caydee and Jeremy, too, so it's a shame to have two of my favorites break up in one season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Max Coia and Caitlin would look incredibly hot together.

Oh yessss! Plus Maximin always had amazing stretch and posture so he'd be a good match for Caitlin in this respect.

vCash

Most recent article on Bryce Davison I could find...

It's not really optimistic

http://www.cottagecountrynow.ca/spor...ng-on-thin-ice

Davison, who was born in Walnut Creek, California but now calls Huntsville his home, suffers from osteochondritis dissecans, a severe joint disorder, which led to his sustaining a serious knee injury in practice in October 2010. He later underwent surgery in mid-October to re-attach a broken piece of bone, which caused him to miss the 2010-11 season.

“It feels okay, but it still has a long way to go,” he said, moments before stepping on the ice for his regular workout last week at the arena. “I see the surgeon in the next week or so to see how things are coming along. The progress is slow. I am not really allowed to do anything (on the ice). I am doing a lot of physio and I have been working out at the gym. Those two places are where I spend most of my time these days.”

Davison said that he hasn’t decided what he is going to do in terms of his skating career. Then there is also the question of his knee, and whether it will prevent him from competing at the national level, something Davison is well aware may be the case.
    “I am at large crossroads in my life right now. I don’t know if my knee will fully heal yet or if I want to move on with school and coaching and things like that. There are a lot of doors open right now, a lot of options. I still want to compete but the circumstance around that would have to be special, like finding a new partner and us to be good enough for where I would like to be,” he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Maybe I misunderstand the type of funding they get- but don't most elite skaters in the US still have to put signifigant money towards their training? (Or at least live off of parents/loans to pay for life expenses like rent, food, etc?) I don't think most elite skaters, and especially not pairs -who don't seem to get as many sponsorships- are drawing a salary off skating.

I'd quite a job that cost me tens of thousands dollar a year (rather than paid me) and involved working with people I hated.
    I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned that Caitlin's family has funded John from the beginning. Maybe most peole don't know that because of the graciousness if the family that's been paying the bills.

vCash
    People need to stop bashing both Caydee and Caitlyn. Whatever the involved parties have decided is between the skaters and the coaches. Obviously they have their reasons. I am looking forward to seeing whatever new partnerships may develop and I wish all the skaters good luck.

vCash
    We are also bashing via a lot of guessing here, despite so-called knowledge, we don't really know what is going on. Let's cut the skater's involved at least a little of a break and wait and see what EVIDENCE comes out. (Sorry, I make my living doing medical writing, evidence is king, opinion and conjecture are sometimes useful, but often crap in the long run).
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that no one has mentioned that Caitlin's family has funded John from the beginning. Maybe most peole don't know that because of the graciousness if the family that's been paying the bills.
    Maybe they preferred to keep that information private. Which, of course, it isn't now
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    There is no excuse for someone having bad hair and make-up at US Nationals, because there is a Skater Services committee which brings in profesional hairdressers and make-up artists as volunteers. Every skater, from Novice on up, can get their hair and makeup done for free. Not all take advantage of the service, which is a shame.
    FYI hair and make-up services were NOT provided at 2011 Nationals due to USFS budget cuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    In all fairness many of the female skaters' families help the male skaters with their expenses. The guys are older and often have trouble paying rent, food, and lesson fees on their own since they can't work very many hours at a paying job. Unless they come from well-to-do families, they need help to continue skating. The girls on the otherhand are often high school or college age and are still being supported by their parents, so they don't usually have to worry about paying their own bills. If guys did not get this type of financial help, you would see even fewer male pair skaters continuing in the sport. Give everybody a break and quit criticizing how they pay the bills.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Chances are, if Caitlin finds a partner, it will be a skater someone on FSU has either mentioned, or someone people here at least know about.
    And then people will go on about the "power of FSU" as if the skaters couldn't and didn't figure these things out for themselves.

What some people don't seem to realize is that the coaches all talk to each other and know about possible partnerings that we never could know about because we don't even know that skater is looking for a partner or wants to switch to pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    In all fairness many of the female skaters' families help the male skaters with their expenses.
    It's pretty common. What would be unusual is the guy paying the gals expenses.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reroemer View Post
    People need to stop bashing both Caydee and Caitlyn. Whatever the involved parties have decided is between the skaters and the coaches. Obviously they have their reasons. I am looking forward to seeing whatever new partnerships may develop and I wish all the skaters good luck.
    Good statement! I think some of the points and comments were harsh and I'm just as guilty with some of my posts in this thread, The team didn't get where they are today without each other. They were a TEAM and I enjoyed watching them and wish them only the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    We are also bashing via a lot of guessing here, despite so-called knowledge, we don't really know what is going on. Let's cut the skater's involved at least a little of a break and wait and see what EVIDENCE comes out. (Sorry, I make my living doing medical writing, evidence is king, opinion and conjecture are sometimes useful, but often crap in the long run).
    ^^^^
    This. Rumors and bashing don't help any of the parties move on to the future. It guts me that they broke up, especially since they had succcess this season. Unless Sylvia reports what is going on or the USFSA or any of the parties that are involved report anythng we are just dealing with rumors and/or suspected (but not confirmed) skate mommy wars.

I wish all parties involved well.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    In the long-run, I think this is better for Caitlin, even if she was the dumped and not the dumper. I love John, who has a track record of being a great sportsman, but his potential is limited and he probably met or exceeded it this year. I can see Caitlin on a world podium... just not with John. At this stage in the game, he'll never get the skating skills marks to get him there against the likes of the pairs who finished ahead of them at Worlds.

Denney and Coughlin could be an exciting team, though I don't see great long-term potential in terms of results. I think they'd end up kind of like Duhamel and Radford, e.g., they'd have a whole bunch of crazy tricks that are explosive but also a bit ugly. Both of them can do all of the triple through lutz, I believe.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast