Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Re the comments about Rockne not waiting a bit longer to find someone, who's to say he won't get involved in this game of musical partners and switch? Only one year with Marley, and I don't know how committed they are.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Ohhh... FUUUUUDGE
    Only I didn't say fudge...
    My thoughts exactly
    and I love that movie Christmas Story is a classic

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I wonder if Smirnov would like to move to the US? Caitlin has that classic Russian look.
    If Sasha needs a place to stay, he can stay with me

That sucks Yankowskas & Coughlin were a great couple. I REALLY hope he is retiring and not dumping her for Caydee.

I definately am thumbs up for a pairing of Caitlin & Rockne or Caitlin & Bryce. I wish her the best of luck in finding her "Trankov". She is a great talent which hopefully doesnt get wasted.

Ugh...still in shock over this

vCash
    If E&L really want to retire, they could come back next season, win the title and then retire. Thus keeping alive the win-the-title-and-split/quit trend yet saving us from an up and coming pair doing that.

vCash
    Caitlin really needs someone who has the same beautiful line and stretch as she has. There are very few male pair skaters that can match her. I would say Drew Meekins would be one as far as line and extension. The other two male pair skaters that come to mind are Chris Knierim and Andrew Speroff, however they both seem to be very happy with their current pair partners. Caitlin really needs someone at least 5 '10 or taller, I think Rockne would be too short for her. Are there any othe rmale pair skaters out there in the US who would be a good match for her?

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    American pairs just tick me off! Stick together already!

I'm hoping the skating with Denney thing is just a rumor, he cannot be that stupid. Even though Caitlin was the eye catcher in the pair, he was improving and was learning how to present her. If he retires then fine but if he goes to another partner, IMO he gave up the only shot he had at a World medal.

I have given up on waiting for the next great American pair...I do not see it happening anytime soon.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    WOW! In NO WAY did I see this one coming! Maybe they really feel they have gone as far as they can go with skating. I feel they did achieve the highest position at Worlds that they could have with what they currently have. Anyway, I wish them a successful future in whatever they pursue from here and I'm going to miss seeing them. Caitlin bar none has the best posture and line of any US pairs lady in my recent memory, maybe ever! I hope she is able to find a pairs partner who is worthy of her talent!

vCash
    I still can't believe this. What a mess. John better be retiring because if he comes back next year with Caydee Denney he's going to go from one of the most beloved skaters to persona non grata in record time. Denney/Coughlin will never get any love from international judges. They are looking at the same ceiling Denney/Barrett hit.

Again, such a shame. This was such a breakthrough season for Caitlin and John. They had every reason to believe they could make it into serious podium contention by Sochi. Who's next? Shibutani/Shibutani? They also had an awesome, totally breakthrough year. Meryl/Charlie?

grrrrrr...

vCash
    Was reading on Marissa Castelli's wiki page that she is 4-11. I didn't realize she was that petite. IMO, she would be Rockne's ideal partner.

Caitlin would then team up with Bryce in my fantasy world.

vCash
    If Caitlin can find a good partner, maybe this is a good thing. I always thought she had lovely line and stretch and that John's posture didn't match hers at all. I didn't see worlds yet so am surprised to hear people talking about a world medal for them, but their placement is great.

vCash
    Ok, don't murder me for this one, but I kinda thought about this after two IN articles talked about this being the last time they performed "Ave Maria."

Now, clearly, the last time a skater/pair skates a program is usually the end of the season, but calling it a "farewell" just struck me in a weird way. People don't usually say that about other skaters.

vCash
    Maybe Rena and John should come back...maybe Kyoko and John Z could come back?

vCash
    Does their photo stay on the USFSA banner? A little strange if they both pair up with new partners this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Does their photo stay on the USFSA banner? A little strange if they both pair up with new partners this year.
    I don't see why not, their medals didn't get taken away. They still earned that spot and should be kept up there.

vCash
    Very sad to hear this.

Don't like the comments about Rockne and Mary Beth...they showed enormous poise at Nationals and I am very excited about their future. The judges definitely gave them the thumbs up and I'm pretty sure they are committed to their partnership. Here's hoping, anyway!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash

If the Denney rumor is true, and I don't think it is, then the Denney family must have thrown a boatload of at John. I can't see any other way.

But I don't believe it. It makes no sense for John as him and Denney will always be known as the more awkward half's of previous teams. The only positive is that they'll make each other look less stiff than they did with their previous partners.

Drew Meekins would be interesting for Caitlin, I'm just curious what kind of support he would get from the USFSA. I don't quite see them convincingly pulling off the romantic thing that the judges seem to love in pairs skating.

She desperately needs a partner though. I'm actually hoping she already has one lined up and she's just holding off the announcement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Ok, don't murder me for this one, but I kinda thought about this after two IN articles talked about this being the last time they performed "Ave Maria."

Now, clearly, the last time a skater/pair skates a program is usually the end of the season, but calling it a "farewell" just struck me in a weird way. People don't usually say that about other skaters.
    Yeah, John called it a "farewell tour", and while he tweeted after the SP, he's been silent since, despite them doing so well in the LP... Between this and the Denney/Coughlin rumor, it seemed evident that something was up.

vCash
    Horrible, awful, crazy news!!!

I'd like to see her paired with John Zimmerman. I can dream, can't I????

vCash
    [Getting to the party late, as usual. . .]
    This is stunning news. The timing is so weird, especially since they have just started achieving successes and recognition on the international level. What the hell is going on with US Pairs, anyway?!!

I think she'd do well with Bryce or Drew. Hope she finds a great partner soon. Best of luck to both Caitlin and John in all their future endeavors, whatever those may be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    I think caitlin's gonna pair up with drew meekin...
    Drew Meeken, She is to big for Drew Meekin he had a hard time lifting Jessica who was smaller then Caitlin and he is to skinny. She needs someone over 6' and a bigger build.

vCash
    Gotta just love American pairs! Geesh.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast