Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    What?! They'd had such a break through year that this will make no sense unless one of them is retiring. I really hope it's not financial, but if it was I'd hope USFS would have tried to help somehow.

ETA: If Bryce is up to the challenge, I can see him with Caitlin. I hope she finds a strong partner. As for Denney/Coughlin, his lines aren't the greatest but I was okay with it because 1) he seemed like such a great guy and 2) Caitlin grabbed most of my attention. I don't think Caydee would do it.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    This is the strangest break-up I've ever heard. Makes no sense at all.

(And if it is true that he is going to Caydee, then he's an idiot. But I assume it's still speculation that he's switching to Caydee.)
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    The article says she's planning to find a new partner - I wonder how the heights would work with Bryce Davison?
    It's hard to imagine USFS releasing Yankowskas. Davison was born in the US and I assume has dual citizenship, and he's already sat out the year. They would look beautiful together, considering his line and skating skills. And they'd really bring the pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I remember reading that discussion about John and Caydee and thinking that it doesn't make any sense. It's probably true now, let's wait and see..
    It makes a lot of sense, since he looks like Morozov with Volosozhar compared to her. Denney is much less refined, and Coughlin is more physically suited to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Now Caitlin should look for her own "Trankov."
    Yes.

If both have new partners next season, the new teams qualify for the GP alternates list.

Pairs or Dance couples, who were placed amongst the ranks as previously mentioned in criteria a) [7-12 at 2010 WCs] and [to 24 World Ranking and/or Season's Best] b) in the year [2008/09 drops off] or 2009/10 [or 2010/11], but have split, will be considered in the alternate list with the new partner, if proof is given that they intend to continue the competitive career.
    With the new proposals to choose based on rankings, would they use the ranking of the previous partnership, or would they go to the bottom with no ranking?
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 05-04-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I'm in shock...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    It's hard to imagine USFS releasing Yankowskas. Davison was born in the US and I assume has dual citizenship, and he's already sat out the year. They would look beautiful together, considering his line and skating skills.
    I think it was stated in the D&D thread that Bryce does have dual citizenship.

I think they'd be a beautiful pair providing his injury isn't too serious and he was willing to skate for the US.

And I agree with some of the above posters. If John did dump Caitlin for Denney, then he's a freaking idiot.

vCash
    Can Bryce still skate at an elite level? I know he's recovered, but I thought his condition was chronic and could happen again at any time.

vCash
    Maybe Yankowskas wants to move back to Boston to train and Coughlin wants to stay in the Springs? What is Ben Okolski doing these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Just got a text message from a friend who is very reliable in terms of her sources. Supposedly, he confirmed that he will be skating with Caydee Denney. What a mistake if this is really true!
    I asked a coach at our rink (a former pairs skater, contemporary to all the current seniors) this weekend if he had heard anything about Coughlin supposedly stopping skating with Yankowskas. His response was essentially "No, no one has said anything about that. Why would he do that?" I said I had heard he'd be skating with Denney, and was told "that's stupid".

I'm sad to say it seems like the internet was right. (Although if John is just ready to retire, that's another matter...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Can Bryce still skate at an elite level? I know he's recovered, but I thought his condition was chronic and could happen again at any time.
    Too soon to tell.

vCash
    No. Rockne is little for a pairs guy. Caitlin needs and deserves a tall, lean Trankov type.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Perhaps Denney's mother has offered to pay 100% of the training and other bills?

This is preposterous. When I heard this rumor last month, even I wasn't cynical enough to believe it was true. And that never happens!

vCash
    It's hard to imagine USFS releasing Yankowskas. Davison was born in the US and I assume has dual citizenship, and he's already sat out the year. They would look beautiful together, considering his line and skating skills.
    I think that could work, if they could convince Davison to move out of Canada. He also needs to be fully recovered... Who knows exactly how far along he is with that. I wonder if he's been in contact with anyone yet as far as possible tryouts are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    When he was looking for a partner last year, I was thinking to myself Caitlin Yankowskas would be "perfect" for him. She's tiny.
    She's tiny for 6'2" John Coughlin. She's at least 5'2", if not a bit taller. I imagine she'd want a partner at least at Bryce Davison's height (5'10" or so), and someone even taller than that would be nice. It's hard to be picky in pairs though.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    All I can say is if the Caydee rumor is true, John needs an MRI of his head before he puts on skates since he may be suffering from some delusions and could be a danger to himself and Caydee.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    With the new proposals to choose based on rankings, would they use the ranking of the previous partnership, or would they go to the bottom with no ranking?
    Ziggy answered this on another thread, emphasizing that ranking would be based on the current (2011-12) season, meaning that either new pairing (if Coughlin is continuing) would need to earn points at competitions, like Senior B's, that qualify for points to create a ranking.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    The first American pair I was excited about in a long time.

It's unbelievable to think he would switch partners for Denney.

Please let it not be true.

vCash
    Maybe they just did not get on very well? That would be very tiring if you have to be with the other person day in day out year after year...

vCash
    ^ I'm unclear. Is John retiring or is he switching partners???

Bryce having dual citizenship is tantalizing! That would work for me. I assume this would be a US pair, but Canucks would probably throw their yarn at him when they skate internationally...

ETA - so I assume that many here believe that Caitlin is a superior lady pairs skater to Jessica Dube??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^ I'm unclear. Is John retiring or is he switching partners???

Bryce having dual citizenship is tantalizing! That would work for me. I assume this would be a US pair, but Canucks would probably throw their yarn at him when they skate internationally...
    This hypothetical pairing would be better off in the US.

Canada has 2 strong pairs in M-T&M and D&R. L&S aren't bad either. I"m sure there are others I've forgotten about

The US's strongest pair at this point is E&L, and they're not exactly consistent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ETA - so I assume that many here believe that Caitlin is a superior lady pairs skater to Jessica Dube??
    Where did you get that impression from?

Has Dube even been mentioned in this thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Maybe they just did not get on very well? That would be very tiring if you have to be with the other person day in day out year after year...
    Unless things changed in the past couple of months or they were lying in interviews, that's not the case. All of their interviews/articles indicated that they were very close friends (but not a romantic item).

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast