Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I thought the Miki Ando interview's translated already? or is this a different interview?

vCash
    Sorry didn't see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Thanks so much for the translation. It's a great interview, lots of interesting tidbits.

I'm always amused by the difference in the style of questions asked between America and Russia. Can you imagine an American figure skater being asked "Is your father strict" and the skater replying "Yes he is, it annoys me"

I liked reading about Morozov's training methods. We all think of him as a sleaze but he is obviously well-liked and respected by his skaters.

Trankov's and Smirnov's dedication and perseverance are admirable. If I had to starve and sleep in the stands I would just probably say eff skating and go back crying to my mommy!
    It's not so much Russia, I think, but more Maxim himself. He is very candid in his interviews, not sugarcoating anything.
    (though Zhulin, Dmitriev and Vasiliev have been quite frank, as well. hm... maybe part of it is being Russian)
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Interesting so far, thanks again, TAHbKA!
    I would not mind to see Maxim on a horse
    me neither

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...I liked reading about Morozov's training methods. We all think of him as a sleaze but he is obviously well-liked and respected by his skaters. ...!
    ITA. I remember both Dai and Adam Rippon spoke about him with respect and affection even after they left his team. And both splits weren't easy, as far as I remember...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12