vCash
    Isn't she (Inoue) pregnant?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Isn't she (Inoue) pregnant?
    I think she's due in the fall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    But in regards to Dube; when will the federation tell the ISU she now has a new partner?
    I don't believe Skate Canada has to officially inform the ISU. They can assign Dube/Wolfe to a Senior B like Nebelhorn (their names will show up in the ISU World Standings if they place in the top 5 there) and/or to Skate Canada as a host pick if they want.

Inoue & Baldwin I can see, they can still feasibly compete.
    Yes, because I/B never officially announcement their retirement from competitive skating, even though she is reportedly pregnant (as mentioned by her brother-in-law, Don Baldwin, in a recent article).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    Translated from Japanese.
    The ISU executive explained that, saying "It is the aim to improve the quality of the event by getting the top players to participate to a lot of event". As for each event, reducing the participation frame which was 12 Men and Ladies for each in this season to 10, it suppresses the unevenness of the competitive ability.
    In other words, if you're not among the top 12 in the world, fat chance of ever getting there.

I would very much appreciate a fairer distribution of opportunities; after all, the countries who host GP events already get that extra bonus. What if you're the next Yu-Na Kim from Morocco, but you never have a chance to compete?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    In other words, if you're not among the top 12 in the world, fat chance of ever getting there.

I would very much appreciate a fairer distribution of opportunities; after all, the countries who host GP events already get that extra bonus. What if you're the next Yu-Na Kim from Morocco, but you never have a chance to compete?
    Then you do what Yu-Na did -- you compete on the JGP, win a bunch, and earn your invites on the GP.

I'm having trouble feeling great angst over being denied the opportunity to watch Jenna McCorkel at a GP event. It isn't as if she hasn't had tons of opportunities, including the Olympics despite not being exactly fabulous -- not like some of the much better Japanese skaters that end up getting left home because there are too many other fabulous Japanese skaters ahead of them.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Then you do what Yu-Na did -- you compete on the JGP, win a bunch, and earn your invites on the GP.
    In other words, do not be a late bloomer.

Actually, in the brave new world, you enter the smaller competitions, to earn a minimum score, and you use your federation's single entry spot to qualify (if a qualification round is needed anymore) for major championships.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    In other words, do not be a late bloomer.

Actually, in the brave new world, you enter the smaller competitions, to earn a minimum score, and you use your federation's single entry spot to qualify (if a qualification round is needed anymore) for major championships.
    Yep, if you're too old for the JGP: TOO BAD. Although I guess there are always Senior Bs--IF you have the money and the support of your federation.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678