Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    ii would not mind the firebird for carolina as music, but her history of using illusion fabric a very different shade from her skin color causes me to faint when i picture her potential firebird costume. perhaps she'll even have feathers on her head, not a nest like oksana baiul's, but something that makes her seem like she's 8 feet tall. ah, the plumage!
    As long as it's not a Jana Khoklova costume for firebird, I'll be happy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    i would love to see laura as the black swan. the stare of death she gave when her music was mis-started in vancouver is one of my favorite moments from the olympics. plus, there's a strange mixture of grace and how to say, hm, rigidity? to her movements that somehow reminds me of a dancer snapping into position. generally i prefer lyrical flow but laura is definitely one of my favorites. carolina too.

i would not mind the firebird for carolina as music, but her history of using illusion fabric a very different shade from her skin color causes me to faint when i picture her potential firebird costume. perhaps she'll even have feathers on her head, not a nest like oksana baiul's, but something that makes her seem like she's 8 feet tall. ah, the plumage!
    How about Laura as Black Swan, Carolina as Firebird, and Kiira as Lilac Fairy? That would be an intense dual of the ballets at Europeans .

vCash
    I would love to see I/K skating to Black Swan. Elena Ilinykh would be great

vCash
    But Laura has got a new program choreographed to Besame Mucho last summer, why would she change it before debuting it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caro-ira View Post
    But Laura has got a new program choreographed to Besame Mucho last summer, why would she change it before debuting it?
    I think Laura got new SP to Besame Mucho last summer and is now getting a new FS. But I could be wrong...

vCash
    The following 2011-12 program music news was published in Sarah/Drew's blog today (May 19): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Ashley Wagner: Pollock (SP) and Black Swan (FS) soundtracks, choreographed by Phillip Mills.

Gretchen Donlan/Andrew Speroff: "O mio babbino caro" (SP) and Sleeping Beauty by Tchaikovsky (FS); choreographers are Sheryl Franks and Deidre Williams with footwork by Carrie Wall.

Stephen Carriere: "La Vie En Rose" and "Mack the Knife" by Louis Armstrong; Swan Lake (FS).

Wesley Campbell: Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez" (SP) and The Mission (FS).

Alexander Johnson: "O mio babbino caro" (SP) and the Khachaturian ballet Gayane (FS).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-19-2011 at 11:11 PM.

vCash
    On Makarova channeling Monroe: I find her packaging is not age appropriate. Last season we had black lace cut down to there (yes with illusion, I know), and now that she’s 18, we get the full on sex symbol treatment with Monroe? Yuck.

If Tomas Verner is skating to Sing, Sing, Sing, he is also required to wear the Canadian Men’s Team Uniform – black T-shirt, black pants, silver belt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Wesley Campbell: Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez" (SP) and The Mission (FS).
    Nice to see such original little-used music choices...

vCash
    I guess Alena Leonova was right when she said she didn't want to skate to the Black Swan soundtrack because everyone and their mother would want to use it this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    On Makarova channeling Monroe: I find her packaging is not age appropriate. Last season we had black lace cut down to there (yes with illusion, I know), and now that she’s 18, we get the full on sex symbol treatment with Monroe? Yuck.
    Wow. I don't remember the low cut black lace. Which program was that for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by risto1803 View Post
    I would love to see I/K skating to Black Swan. Elena Ilinykh would be great
    Kiber-swan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I guess Alena Leonova was right when she said she didn't want to skate to the Black Swan soundtrack because everyone and their mother would want to use it this season.
    What notable skater is using it other than Ashley Wagner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Wow. I don't remember the low cut black lace. Which program was that for?
    OK...answering my own question. You must mean this one:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YSXB_qSVX7...9-13-50-27.jpg

I have to say I've seen much worse....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    What notable skater is using it other than Ashley Wagner?
    I'm sure she didn't know if anyone was using it this season when she made the comment. What she said was when a cool soundtrack comes out everyone wants to skate to it. Someone suggested it to her and she said no for that reason.

Do you really think Ashley Wagner is the only person who will be using this music either this season or the next? Doubtful...The Matrix comes to my mind for some reason.

vCash
    I'm sure she didn't know if anyone was using it this season when she made the comment. What she said was when a cool soundtrack comes out everyone wants to skate to it. Someone suggested it to her and she said no for that reason.

Do you really think Ashley Wagner is the only person who will be using this music either this season or the next? Doubtful...The Matrix comes to my mind for some reason.
    I'm sure someone else will end up using it, but I wanted to know if anyone currently planned to.

Alena's one to talk about skating to overused movie sountracks, considering her choice of "Chicago" during the 2010 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    I'm sure someone else will end up using it, but I wanted to know if anyone currently planned to.

Alena's one to talk about skating to overused movie sountracks, considering her choice of "Chicago" during the 2010 season.
    But Chicago came out in 2002, not exactly current, not like skating to a soundtrack that just came out within the year.

vCash
    But Chicago came out in 2002, not exactly current, not like skating to a soundtrack that just came out within the year.
    It's even more overdone though, and you can pretty much count on at least one Chicago program a season. But there's nothing wrong with that, I guess. I like original music, but stuff that's been used before doesn't annoy me the way it does some fans. I kind of like seeing how different skaters handle a piece of music that's been skated to before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    How about Laura as Black Swan, Carolina as Firebird, and Kiira as Lilac Fairy? That would be an intense dual of the ballets at Europeans .
    i'd love it. it'd be a europeans for the ages

vCash
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-B...n/193441078972

Paul Bonifacio Parkinson
    SP:Nothing Else Matters by David Garrett (choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle)

video piece:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD0A3E43H_Q

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    This year's most overused music at Worlds was "Feeling Good".
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast