Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Wink Wearing Leggings Can Make You Fat...?

Say it isn't so...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ch-flabby.html

As for me, I never wear leggings (it wouldn't be a pretty sight...)
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    The article keeps implying that leggings are there to "hide" flaws, but I find them so revealing. I won't wear them unless my legs are already toned.

vCash
    Well, I'm ok with this, so long as I can still wear my jeggings!
    Oh wait...
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    The article keeps implying that leggings are there to "hide" flaws, but I find them so revealing. I won't wear them unless my legs are already toned.
    I agree. Woman that wear them and don't have on a skirt or short dress are basically walking around butt naked as far as I am concerned. There is NOTHING left to the imagination. Nothing is hidden...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Well, they hide flaws in the way Spanx does; they consolidate your fat and flab and make you look a little thinner than you would look if you walked around "naked," so to speak.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Well, they hide flaws in the way Spanx does; they consolidate your fat and flab and make you look a little thinner than you would look if you walked around "naked," so to speak.
    This is true. I was going to say something but couldn't figure out how to properly word it without grossing someone out.

Let's just say leggings hide some flaws but they do NOT hide any body parts.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Leggings are basically lose-lose. People who are completely normal weight look fat in them, while girls actually thin enough to wear them and look good are SO thin that's all I can think about when I see them.

I only wear leggings when I'm wearing a long shirt or dress over it, which IMO is the only way to remotely get around the lose-lose proposition. Otherwise it's way too revealing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Say it isn't so...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ch-flabby.html

As for me, I never wear leggings (it wouldn't be a pretty sight...)
    BWAH!! I thought they were going to say something about always wearing stretchy material (as opposed to, for example, regular jeans) so you're not necessarily aware when you've put on a few pounds because it stretches to fit you.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Has anyone (except on here) ever realised even if you're thin, exagerating how thin your legs are makes your upper body look bigger?

Closest I ever wear to leggings are riding breeches or schooling tights, and they're much thicker, thank goodness.

vCash
    I usually only wearing leggings instead of tights when skating, usually with shorts or a skating skirt over them. So that should keep up the muscle tone.

Occasionally I wear them off-ice instead of tights with a skirt or under my slacks for warmth or to be able to make a quick change to skating attire after work or wherever else I'm going. Never as my only lower-body covering.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I admit it - in the late '80s/early '90s, I lived in leggings-as-pants. What can I say, I was really skinny, had great legs, and had no idea just how revealing pants that bared no skin could be. Honest! I think back on it and laugh, but they were the most comfortable thing, they went with everything (considering my entire wardrobe was t-shirts and thrift store dresses)...can't say I'd do it different

Sometimes I see young women wearing things that are...far more revealing than is necessary. But then I figure, they're young, they're got the bodies and the attitude to carry it off - go for it. I'm NOT talking about in an office setting - the whole what's appropriate for the workplace is a different debate - but out on the street.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I agree. Woman that wear them and don't have on a skirt or short dress are basically walking around butt naked as far as I am concerned. There is NOTHING left to the imagination. Nothing is hidden...

If they're wearing the ones that are basically tights or stockings without feet, yes, I would agree with that. But you're incorrect if you're talking about the ones that are made out of thicker stretch-knit material that is not see-through. I have several pairs like that, and I wear them for cycling because I can't afford what are called "riding tights".

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean they're see-through.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    What utter nonsense... Leggings aren't strong enough to not have use your muscles. Many types don't even hold you in as well as Spanx. That physiotherapist is a moron.

As for them being lose-lose, people with great legs look great in them.

Except for jeggings. No one looks good in jeggings.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Do I even want to know what jeggings are?

ETA: I just looked and no, I didn't want to know That seems like the lady version of the tuxedo t-shirt.

vCash
    jeggings I do love my skinny jeans though.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    What utter nonsense... Leggings aren't strong enough to not have use your muscles. Many types don't even hold you in as well as Spanx. That physiotherapist is a moron.

As for them being lose-lose, people with great legs look great in them.

Except for jeggings. No one looks good in jeggings.
    I agree that the physiotherapist is a moron, but as for them looking good on people with great legs...it probably still depends on how your legs are built. I think I have pretty good legs, I actually avoid wearing shorts because I'm of the unwanted attention I get when I wear them. (Unless it's like, 95F+ outside. Eff the catcallers, I ain't roasting!) But even I look pretty fat in leggings and I'm skinnyyyyyy!

When your thighs touch, they look like sausages in leggings if you don't having something covering that area. And when your thighs DON'T touch, my first reaction is to think you're far too thin.

vCash
    I've said it before and I'll say it again....if jeggings are wrong, then I don't want to be right! I adore mine. Super comfy, stretchy and they look exactly like regular skinny jeans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again....if jeggings are wrong, then I don't want to be right! I adore mine. Super comfy, stretchy and they look exactly like regular skinny jeans.
    I actually have seen some that are really like a skinny jean/legging hybrid and they do look fine. But I've also seen some that look terrible.

Good Jeggings

Bad Jeggings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I actually have seen some that are really like a skinny jean/legging hybrid and they do look fine. But I've also seen some that look terrible.

Good Jeggings

Bad Jeggings
    Hahaha! I actually wondered if that 2nd link was going to be those awful Pajama Jeans! Yes, mine are these- http://www.gillyhicks.com/webapp/wcs...tegoryId=21459 The 5 pocket kind, not the pull on kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast