vCash

German ZDF Infokanal

I don't know if anybody here did watch the event on that channel. I only realized by chance that they covered the whole event. (Unluckily Eurosport only showed parts of it, due to other obligations they had for April/May.)

So I am happy that I could see a lot of skating on ZDF - but, my god, Christa Haas is the worst skating commentator I have ever heard. She overtalked every program, put the name of every second skater wrong and often didn't even know who the male and the female part of a couple is. (E.g, she said that Alison Reed is the brother of the Japanese Reeds!) Poor Tanja Szewczenko, who was co-commenting tried to put her right again and again and to stop her talking that much (that much nonsense at least) but that woman was just unstopable!

Someone else heard it??

vCash
    I heard part of it and then switched to the Lativian free feed because I was just too annoyed by her. It is so much better if you cannot understand the commentator, otherwise I often feel like throwing things at my computer screen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I heard part of it and then switched to the Lativian free feed because I was just too annoyed by her. It is so much better if you cannot understand the commentator, otherwise I often feel like throwing things at my computer screen.
    Good idea - I didn't think of choosing a channel of a language I don't understand. I just suffered and switched immediately to Eurosport when they started broadcasting. Haas was just

Tanja alone would have done much better.

vCash
    She must be the worst and most annoying commentator ever!

vCash
    I have to admitt that I also changed to EuroSport as soon as they were on air because Christa has is one of the worst commentators ever. Last year with Rudi Cerne was horrible, too. But Haas toped it. I think Tanja did her job quite good, but I´m biased because I´m a big fan of her. So now we can hope for next years worlds that they show worlds again, with Tanja but No Christa Haas, nor Rudi Cerne! I now we should be grateful that they showed anything at all, but if you sit on your couch and get angry, that´s not good ;-) BTW, it doesn´t really help to watch it in another languague. I never had French at school, only know few words, but Nelson Monfort is horrible even if you don´t understand him! Haas maybe too!