Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    G/G and V/T are both excellent pairs but I don't think they're at all the same. V/T are much more athletic than G/G.. the difference is mainly in Tatiana I think.. she's more of a powerhouse on the ice while Gordeeva was little and graceful (although one could call her a powerhouse in her own way). V/T have a connection but not really the same romantic connection as G/G since they're not romantically involved, furthermore, when would you ever see G/G doing a Super Mario Bros. exhibition? Never!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    Yeah, exactly what I'm talking about. ;P

As much as I like V/T, this comparison is just .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah, exactly what I'm talking about. ;P

As much as I like V/T, this comparison is just .
    Absolutely ! There's no comparison, except that both pairs are good looking and with good lines.

vCash
    i didnt say i made the comparison :p i just put the link to the article stating such. but hey, any good publicity for v/t aint too bad.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    No, you did not, and thank you for posting the link.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    G/G and V/T are both excellent pairs but I don't think they're at all the same. V/T are much more athletic than G/G.. the difference is mainly in Tatiana I think.. she's more of a powerhouse on the ice while Gordeeva was little and graceful (although one could call her a powerhouse in her own way). V/T have a connection but not really the same romantic connection as G/G since they're not romantically involved, furthermore, when would you ever see G/G doing a Super Mario Bros. exhibition? Never!
    I actually think there's just as big of a difference if not more between Trankov and Sergei. Trankov as a skater is far more like Dimtriev than he is like Sergei. But I'm not so sure the article was directly comparing them to G/G as saying they can be a return to that standard.

Whenever pairs are compared to G/G I take it with a grain of salt, I think its more like your great lets compare you to the greatest ever. I think V/T have a ways to go to be as good as G/G are. But I actually think they have potential to be one of the greats.

Ziggy, I think the as far as the judges/everyone else is concerned its hard not to get excited about this pair. Pairs skating has frankly suffered for a long time I think. I mean we haven't had a new team this good since S/S. And how long ago was it since S/S debuted. And I think its far more fair to compare them to S/S when S/S were around. I think its hard for the judges/fans not to be excited. This is a team with already amazing technical elements, who are beautifully matched/gorgeous skaters.

The judges gave them high scores- and fairly so! But they were put in 3rd in the short, and only 2nd in the free. I highly doubt they want to remain fighting for second forever, so I have a hard time thinking improvements won't be made. And those improvements are absolutely possible.

vCash
    For some reason V/T remind me of Bechke/Petrov right now. Maybe it's just because they went for programs without complex choreography this season though.

vCash
    I do feel a bit sorry for Maria Mukhortova. I imagine she is a bit deflated by all this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I do feel a bit sorry for Maria Mukhortova. I imagine she is a bit deflated by all this.
    If a pair doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. But what can you do.

I think we could be heading into another good era of pairs skating. We had it with G&G, M&D and B&E, and then with B&S, S&P and S&Z. Now we have S&S and V&T. I am really looking forward to the next few years.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I don't, regarding all that happened between her and Maxim. I think he can be happy to have gotten rid of her and Vasiliev!

vCash
    Well I am glad he left her and is having so much success now and in the future after all I heard. Plus I enjoy Volosozhar & Trankov together way more than Mukhortova & Trankov. They never seemed to have the chemistry, there was a cold quality to them as a pair, for whatever reason their elements seem small compared to V/T, and Vasiliev's choreography has been pretty boring so far in his coaching career. Still I do feel a bit sorry for her all the same. She is a fine pairs skater, it would be nice to see her also have some future success.

vCash
    Well I am glad he left her and is having so much success now and in the future after all I heard. Plus I enjoy Volosozhar & Trankov together way more than Mukhortova & Trankov. They never seemed to have the chemistry, there was a cold quality to them as a pair, for whatever reason their elements seem small compared to V/T, and Vasiliev's choreography has been pretty boring so far in his coaching career. Still I do feel a bit sorry for her all the same. She is a fine pairs skater, it would be nice to see her also have some future success.
    It's not because it works better with someone else that you are bad.
    Anyway, you talk about "cold" from the pair Mukhortova&Trankov. But honestly, the cold aspect came more from Maria than Maxim !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    ... But honestly, the cold aspect came more from Maria than Maxim !
    Definitely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Anyway, you talk about "cold" from the pair Mukhortova&Trankov. But honestly, the cold aspect came more from Maria than Maxim !
    The concept of the Lady and Hooligan FS was great, but it was frustrating to see him acting the part and she being just cold. I would love to see V/T skating to similar kind of a music and story, because now their expressieveness is in the same level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Go read their blog translation.
    Is there a link to the blog? I must have missed it somewhere along the way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post

But there is one thing in particular that ensures me Volosozhar/Trankov are the perfect match - seing Maxim smile so often now. I don't think I ever saw a single smile this honest and unforced from him during his entire career with Mukhortova. Now? he practically smiles all the time and let me add, his smile is so gorgeous so that makes me sure they're happy together and I guess it matters a lot in terms of partnership.
    I totally agree!!! He looked so trapped and unhappy with Murkhortova. Now he looks so happy and relaxed. I was ecstatic to see how beautifully they skated at Worlds.

vCash
    During the LA Worlds, she was so terribly disdainful and downright mean to Trankov during practices. I sat in the crowd near her and Vasiliev later in the competition and she never once had a pleasant expression. I am glad Trankov escaped all that negativity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sarakimm View Post
    During the LA Worlds, she was so terribly disdainful and downright mean to Trankov during practices. I sat in the crowd near her and Vasiliev later in the competition and she never once had a pleasant expression. I am glad Trankov escaped all that negativity.
    i just cant believe how some people can be so negative as though there's nothing funny or pleasant with what's around them at all. i am working with someone like that (bitch this, bitch that, blah, blah, blah) time to time and i just tune her out of my day or else i get sucked into that black hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sarakimm View Post
    Trankov dished out just as much as he took. Their past coaches dump them because of their constant bickering, Moskvina and Dmitriev included. Trankov could have walked at any time and choose to stay for whatever reason. Actually he waited for years until the partner he really wanted was available. Has anyone even heard from Moody Maria since nationals? I don't recall her being so mean when she was consoling him in the K&C after his devistating fall at the Olympics.

He got what he wanted and is happy as clam but I think it may be a little bit too soon to make him a saint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenji124 View Post
    Is there a link to the blog? I must have missed it somewhere along the way
    Here's the thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77394

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast