Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    What I loved was Stanlislav was in the K&C with them and obviously as delighted for them as what they were for what they achieved. He must have a big role in where they are going. I wonder if he must have reallised his limitations (including the injuries) and knew that for her to realise her potential that she needed another partner. Which is an incredibly unselfish thing to do. Good on him.

Aren't Tatiana and him a couple off the ice?

I so agree about the working relationship. It was so clear that they love working together and probably for the reasons above. It must have felt good being them out on the ice.
    1. Yes, Tatiana and Stanislav are a couple off-ice.

2. During the Olympics, the commentator for CTV (David Peletier) said it outright, that Stanislav was retiring so Tatiana could find a partner better suited to her. I have to admit that I thought that was a wonderfully generous thing to do (indeed, one of my favourite moments from V/T's worlds success was Tatiana sitting in the KnC with one arm around Stanislav and the other around Max. Such a charming moment).

vCash
    who choreographed v/t's sp and lp?

vCash
    I am so impressed by this team, especially considering they haven't teamed up for so long.

Imagine if they had already been together a couple of years back instead of V&M and M&T - they could perhaps already do wonders at Vancouver. There is no doubt to me that at least Volosozhar had always belonged to the pairs podium.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    who choreographed v/t's sp and lp?
    I believe Nikolai Morosov (and the "Mario bros" program that so many enjoyed at the exhibition gala, thus proving he has at least one more CD in his collection)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    There is no doubt to me that at least Volosozhar had always belonged to the pairs podium.
    No doubt to me either, although I'll add that IMO, Trankov has long belonged on the podium as well; it's nice that BOTH are being able to shine now without being handicapped by their partner.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    This will definitely be the main rivalry until Sochi, although I wouldnt totally rule out P/T and K/S if they continue either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    ... one of my favourite moments from V/T's worlds success was Tatiana sitting in the KnC with one arm around Stanislav and the other around Max. Such a charming moment).

vCash
    V/T's programs were my favorite moments from Worlds. I loved that they were able to make their debut on the world stage in front of a home country crowd. The rivalry between V/T and S/S will be epic.

I'm definitely ready to sign up as a V/T uber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    V/T's programs were my favorite moments from Worlds. I loved that they were able to make their debut on the world stage in front of a home country crowd. The rivalry between V/T and S/S will be epic.

I'm definitely ready to sign up as a V/T uber.
    I feel the same way (though I am already their uber). I loved how Maxim thanked S/S for winning, saying that it would not be good for V/T to win Gold in their first year together. That, combined with Alena and Tatiana being close friends, feels like a great friendly rivalry for years to come.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Well, Aliona and Tatiana both had Stas as a partner so it's sort of incestous. In a good way.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I have to say, I am finding the huge fanboying/fangirling over them worrying.

They are exceptionally talented but at the same time, there are still lots of things they should work on, PCS-wise (when compared against S/S).

However, as they are already getting accolades from absolutely everyone, including the judges, and they keep hearing they are the best thing since sliced bread, they don't have an incentive to do that.

That's why I was so happy to hear they are going to New York to work with broadway choreographers and then get new programs choreographed early so they have time to polish them.

They definitely need to work on better expression and timing so this is a very good development.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Go read their blog translation. I think they are very aware of what they need to do. They are level headed.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    However, as they are already getting accolades from absolutely everyone, including the judges, and they keep hearing they are the best thing since sliced bread, they don't have an incentive to do that.
    They didnt win Worlds did they? And in the SP they were 3rd of the top 3 pairs who skated cleanly. And it is not like anyone can say they didnt deserve their silver this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    They didnt win Worlds did they? And in the SP they were 3rd of the top 3 pairs who skated cleanly. And it is not like anyone can say they didnt deserve their silver this year.
    They didn't skate the SP cleanly. They made mistakes in both programs.

And what tried to say has absolutely nothing to do with deserving or not deserving placements.

What I tried to say was: If everybody tells you that you are amazing and the best, do you have any incentive to change (as in go beyond making what you already have more consistent)?

vCash
    What I tried to say was: If everybody tells you that you are amazing and the best, do you have any incentive to change (as in go beyond making what you already have more consistent)?
    The smart skaters know better and never just accept the platitudes and fawning. They know what they need to improve on and don't just rely on what everyone tells them.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    The smart skaters know better and never just accept the platitudes and fawning. They know what they need to improve on and don't just rely on what everyone tells them.
    Well, I hope that is the case.

vCash
    I'm glad people are loving V/T. I truly enjoyed them at Worlds too and hope they bring something even better next year.

vCash
    Are you mocking Plushenko again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Are you mocking Plushenko again?

vCash
    I'd like to add my two cents and join the gush fest

Tatiana is the empress of pairs skating! Not only because she's such an amazing skater but also because she's a really lovely person with no diva attitude.

Maksim as well as Tatiana are extremely happy with their partnership, for one because they finally have partners that are equally talented and especially in Maksim's case, because he's got a great team that appreciates him.

Maksim absolutely adores Tatiana. If he hadn't teamed up with her, he probably would have quit.

I do understand your concerns but I believe in their case they are unnecessary. Tatiana has been told for years how great she is and still she has zero diva attitude; she is a very modest person.
    I wouldn't call Maksim modest but he is very realistic, if not even a tad pessimistic. I am sure their feet will stay on the ground or someone will make sure they keep their feet on the ground

vCash

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast