vCash

Guess I should introduce myself

Hello,
    My name is Jessie. I started skating when I was 9 years old. Loved it from day one. I did one competition and took second place. I was also in an ice show, which I remember being very fun. I Had to quit after a year and a half because my mom could no longer afford the costs. I had been working on my second competition program and was almost ready to compete again right around the time I stopped skating.

I started skating again when I was 20. It didn't take me long to get back to where I'd left off as a kid, but I ended up quitting for a second time after 6 months.

Now I'm back on the ice for a third time. I'm 24 and trying to get over that feeling of being "too old" to figure skate. I don't want to ever quit again. I'll skate until I'm an old lady.
    Amazingly, I'm still at the same level I left off at when I was 20. Just a little rusty. I almost landed my axel yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it this week or the next.

This forum seems fun and the people seem nice, so I'll probably be posting here a bit.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    welcome!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Hello Jesse. You are never too old. Check out the videos in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78512

vCash
    Welcome aboard.

vCash
    Welcome. You are never too old.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Hi Jesse, welcome to one of the most addictive past times you will have. FSU I mean, not skating. Skating is secondary to this board.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Hi! Glad you came back. Skating is a passion that I have had for a long time and that I will enjoy until the day I die. I simply love it.

vCash
    You're absolutely NOT too old! Skating is a lot of fun, a way to challenge yourself, good exercise, and a stress reliever for people of all ages. Somewhere out there is a vid of Adult Nationals from a few years back that features Yvonne Dowlen, who is in her 70s or 80s and STILL skates and competes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgowee View Post
    I'm 24 and trying to get over that feeling of being "too old" to figure skate. I don't want to ever quit again. I'll skate until I'm an old lady.

No such thing as "too old" for skating! In fact, you're a very, very young adult skater

vCash
    Welcome aboard Jessie!!!! Please make yourself at home. If you ever need any help with anything...please feel free to ask me or any of us. We are all friends here...and I myself would love to be your friend. Please feel free to pm. me. for a chat. My name is Dana.

vCash
    Welcome to the forum! Having taken my first lesson at 27 and landed my first axel at 38 (taking 5 years off in the middle of that due to a busy work schedule), I envy your head start! There is a community of hundreds of us adult skaters out here and you've got decades of skating ahead of you! Dive in and enjoy!