Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tickets to 2012 Europeans in Sheffield Question

Not sure if this is allowed but I did not know where to post.

The all-event tickets are already on sale and I just got my ticket. I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Motorpoint Arena. My ticket is in the first row right behind the judges section 102 row E. Do they have good view?
    http://europeans2012.co.uk/tickets

vCash
    Sheffield is quite a spectator friendly venue - I dont think I have ever had a bad seat. I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice.

vCash
    Very surprised at how cheap those tickets are

vCash
    Are they cheap? I haven't been to any ISU champs before so didn't know how to react to them. In debate as to whether to get all event ticket or not, I doubt I will go to qualifying rounds so wouldn't make much difference on price ...

Generally when is it advisable to buy your ticket by?

vCash
    Yes, they're very cheap. Ticket prices can vary quite a bit depending on the host country, but on average they tend to be much higher then these, probably around five times as much. I certainly expected them to be higher in the UK, but hopefully they can fill the arena with these prices.

So far only all event tickets seem to be available which are restricted to certain sectors, individual tickets will go on sale early June when you'll have more choice in terms of seating.

If you definitely know you are going, I wouldn't wait too long. While it's always possible to get tickets at a later date, your preferred seats may no longer be available.

vCash
    Wow, for that cheap, I think I'm skipping nationals in San Jose and going to Euros next year!
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash

vCash
    I bought a ticket and I don't even have a passport. (from the US) I figured if I bought one maybe I'll force myself to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadin View Post
    Yes, they're very cheap. Ticket prices can vary quite a bit depending on the host country, but on average they tend to be much higher then these, probably around five times as much. I certainly expected them to be higher in the UK, but hopefully they can fill the arena with these prices.
    Five times as much would make the best all-event tickets 800 GBP, or 900 euros. The Euros are never so expensive. Last year at Bern the best all-event tickets costed the equivalent of 500 euros and Switzerland is probably as expensive as it gets.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Wow, for that cheap, I think I'm skipping nationals in San Jose and going to Euros next year!
    The catch is that you'd have to go to Sheffield.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    The closest airport to Sheffield is Manchester, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Made4Dancin View Post
    I bought a ticket and I don't even have a passport. (from the US) I figured if I bought one maybe I'll force myself to go.
    not having a passport is funny hope yours(photo) will look great !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    The closest airport to Sheffield is Manchester, right?
    Manchester is definitely the biggest airport, but there is also the smaller http://www.robinhoodairport.com/ which is much closer.

Here's a list of UK airports http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Trans...nformation.htm

vCash
    Five times as much would make the best all-event tickets 800 GBP, or 900 euros. The Euros are never so expensive. Last year at Bern the best all-event tickets costed the equivalent of 500 euros and Switzerland is probably as expensive as it gets.
    Actually you're right, I probably went a bit overboard here. Individual ticket prices of £16-£31 for the final days and especially £21/£31 for the gala still seem very cheap. I expected them to be more in line with Bern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Manchester is definitely the biggest airport, but there is also the smaller http://www.robinhoodairport.com/ which is much closer.
    Thank you.

"Robin Hood Airport"! How cool is that?

vCash
    I'm thinking about buying those tickets too..moreover I'll be living not so far from Sheffield next year!

vCash
    Thank you.

"Robin Hood Airport"! How cool is that?
    yeah

Depending upon the cost of transferring from, say, Manchester to Sheffield it might be cheaper to fly into and transfer from Stansted. I'm sure there will be coach/rail links between both these large airports and the M1 to Sheffield.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    yeah

Depending upon the cost of transferring from, say, Manchester to Sheffield it might be cheaper to fly into and transfer from Stansted. I'm sure there will be coach/rail links between both these large airports and the M1 to Sheffield.
    There's a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield, isn't there? Somebody I know said that if you can drive, fly in to Robin Hood Airport as it doesn't seem to be served particularly well by public transport.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    There's a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield, isn't there? Somebody I know said that if you can drive, fly in to Robin Hood Airport as it doesn't seem to be served particularly well by public transport.
    Yes, there is a direct train from Manchester Airport to Sheffield and there doesn't seem to be public transport from Robin Hood to Sheffield - only to Doncaster. So probably one has to take a taxi for the 25 miles.

Plus I don't see any flights from Paris to Robin Hood. There are some charters to an airport called "Sheffield City Airport" but the name of the company didn't reassure me. I can't remember now but it gave the impression of "Mickey Mouse". I checked "Sheffield City Airport" and it says "no incoming flights today" It isn't very reassuring that there isn't a single flight all day.

I prefer Manchester. It's big, the flights are direct and it is the venue for the magnificient BBC drama North and South.

Anyway, I'm having fun.

vCash
    Sheffield City Airport no longer exists, it closed a few years ago and as far as I know Robin Hood is used more for package holiday type flights.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast