Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    Last year was difficult for the Shibs. Alex grew like a weed but Maia didn't and they looked awkward as can be out there. Fortunately, she grew last summer and voila, they look like an ice dance team again.

No range? Like alilou said, give them time here, certainly doesn't mean they won't get it. They are both stars, imo, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next. They are just going to have to work through the sibling thing, though. The Kerrs did it, so can they.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Jesus Ziggy! They're 16 and 19 and it's their 1st yr in seniors! Of course they have no range. Doesn't mean they won't get it, but you've written them off already
    Ilynikh/Katsalapov are at a very similar age to them, yet on a completely different level of maturity of expression.

And since Shibs are coached by S&Z, yeah I've written them off. No chance of them skating decently choreographed programs, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think that SD is a perfect, perfect solution.

CDs are kept, skated to more interesting music and integrated into a program.
    I like the SD, but I'd almost rather they kept the CDs, but let the couples choose the music. I usually hate the GW becuase it takes so long to perform and the traditional music selections make me want to puke after a while, but I got quite a kick out of seeing the GW done to different pieces of music, even the hated "Fallin'" cover.

Right now I think the SD is too packed with elements for there to be much of an actual dance. At worlds, there really wasn't much to choose from when determining the CH and TR marks.
    Last edited by casken; 05-06-2011 at 07:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ilynikh/Katsalapov are at a very similar age to them, yet on a completely different level of maturity of expression.

And since Shibs are coached by S&Z, yeah I've written them off. No chance of them skating decently choreographed programs, ever.
    Well, I don't see a big problem in it actually. I mean most V/M programs were in the same sweet young love style (don't get me wrong, I like V/M) and it didn't hurt them. The same with Shibs, Zueva will make another "we are sweet, cute and smiling" programs for them and they'll get their sky high PCS, especially now, when they are Worlds medalists.
    I do see I/K beating them though, but I/K should clean their elements first and not to make silly mistakes on competitions, maybe work more. I think a lot depends on it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123