Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    They did F&S's 2008 and 2009 programs right? I thought those were excellent, especially '08.
    Just curious, why did F/S leave them to Linichuk? Besides W/P, who are other senior teams they coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    During Europeans I heard that he trains in Oberstdorf, but maybe he doesn't any more.
    For sure he has trained in Canada since the beginning of the season, or a lot of people have been lying to me

Also Tomas sometimes visits Detroit for choreography.
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    Just curious, why did F/S leave them to Linichuk? Besides W/P, who are other senior teams they coach?
    IIRC Krylova & Camerlengo were already sending Faiella & Scali to Linichuk & Karponosov for summer trainings and work on the compulsory dances, and they later actually encouraged them to stay with L&K (I'm not sure why, however).

ETA: I think Krylova & Camerlengo are going to be a perfect match for Pechalat & Bourzat, anyway, and I'm relieved it is they who will be working with them out of all the other potential options right now.

vCash
    deleted by author
    Last edited by boa; 05-04-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: deleted

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    In their facebook page, Nathalie and Fabian mentionned that if it was up to the 4 of them (Nathalie, Fabian,Oleg and Sasha), they would still be working together. Really sad when polititians have so much power on athletes.
    All other points of discussion aside, it really is sad when you have a situation where the coaches and athletes still want to work together and politics is forcing them to part ways.
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 05-04-2011 at 05:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boa View Post
    And they are rather fragile mentally and tend to make a lot of mistakes” - will think when she will see Mr. Scali around the camp she will train at. Maybe she can ask to a real sportman, someone who never stop fighting and faced both victories and defeats with a smile and humility some suggestions to become a better skater.. and not only that..
    I find this very confusing Since when Nathalie needs sportsmanship lessons .Humility is a good thing but doesn't lead to victory .Both F/S and P/B had their fair share of ups and downs and accepted them with dignity.Can you be more specific why you think she is not a real sportsman?
    Maybe you'll change your opinion after watching this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-kujlX2wc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by risto1803 View Post
    Why they don't go to Zazoui? She is a great coach and does not have any top teams at the moment.
    They parted with her on very bad terms.

Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    I find this very confusing Since when Nathalie needs sportsmanship lessons
    Just ignore the troll and it will go away.

vCash
    Not on bad terms. Let's say time has flown by since then and they happened to go back to lyon this year and it went well. But for other reasons, noone wanted to resume this training possibility, while it was talked at the beginning of this season.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I'm having a hard time picturing Fabian in suburban Detroit.
    And being assistant coached by Scali.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Not on bad terms. Let's say time has flown by since then and they happened to go back to lyon this year and it went well. But for other reasons, noone wanted to resume this training possibility, while it was talked at the beginning of this season.
    Thanks. It's good to know they've made up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I don't think that Martin Skotnicky is out of the loop with COP. After all, Zhiganshina/Gazsi had high levels in all their competitions, in the FD at Worlds for example all level four and footwork level three.
    Well, as far as I know this was mostly Sinicyn´s work as he was there main coach, but being involved in ISU Ice Dance seminar in Oberstdorf at the time of Worlds, Skotnicky was with Z/G in Moscow as well as Karamysheva with Mysl/Nov (and you have seen the results.... ).

vCash
    Zhiganshini/Gazsi and Mysliveckova/Novak definitely had some of the most interesting programs this season.

vCash
    The reason they are goin to Krylova is because in effect they are going to Camerlengo, it is more his 'school'. Anjelicka is obviously his wife, an amazing skater and a much more recognisable name to some fans but Pasq is definitely the main man...Also Pasquale trained and worked under Zazoui so P/B have already kinda worked with him so its a logical choice. Camerlengo is building a very strong school, W/P, Hubbells, P/B etc etc. He is excellent I love the progs he's done for Takahashi, Verner and many others..

On the Zhulin note, yes P/B definitely wanted to stay with him but the powers that be said no...quite sad...

Finally dont think Zazoui is in no politick, she sacrificied P/B for D/S which is normal and understandable. Its C/La that were a big and surprising loss, I think something v special could have come out of it, I hope the whole Delobel pregnancy lunacy wasnt a major part of their departure. She doesnt have anyone amazing now but this thing as a previous poster has said is cyclical.

vCash
    I really hope that Pasquale's school continues to grow in strength. He's a great choreographer.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Finally dont think Zazoui is in no politick, she sacrificied P/B for D/S which is normal and understandable. Its C/La that were a big and surprising loss, I think something v special could have come out of it, I hope the whole Delobel pregnancy lunacy wasnt a major part of their departure. She doesnt have anyone amazing now but this thing as a previous poster has said is cyclical.
    She has Carron/Jones, who aren't very promising, I don't think.

I guess the hope lies in all the Juniors she's coaching.

vCash
    She has Carron/Jones, who aren't very promising, I don't think.

I guess the hope lies in all the Juniors she's coaching.[/QUOTE]

So, you think they are promising or not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith17 View Post
    So, you think they are promising or not?
    Carron/Jones have made some nice progress since they started skating together but I don't think they have the potential to become a top team, no.

He's a bit of a male Meryl Davies, very elfin-like, without much expression.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Carron/Jones have made some nice progress since they started skating together but I don't think they have the potential to become a top team, no.

He's a bit of a male Meryl Davies, very elfin-like, without much expression.
    And no power in his legs, at all. Not a good thing in ice dancing !

vCash
    I think being in the C/K is fabulous for Natalie and Fabian. They are a team that strives on fresh and interesting choreography.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    It's nice that they got to do Yuna's shows this past weekend with Alissa Czisny and Jeremy Abbott! There will be friendly, familiar faces to greet them when they arrive in Detroit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    There will be friendly, familiar faces to greet them when they arrive in Detroit!
    Who else coaches in Detroit? I know only a few names.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast