Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, I loved their FD this year, so I will not complain about Zhulin. He at least made them the best European couple this year, and it definitely was not his fault that they didn't medal at Worlds.

As Nathalie apparently is in a relationship with Tomas (I only know the rumors, don't know if it's true), maybe they move to Oberstdorf. Martin Skotnicky has no top-ten couple at the moment, and their style for me seems to go together quite well.

(As long as Martin doesn't put Fabien in a costume like the Gahzi had this year... )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    As Nathalie apparently is in a relationship with Tomas (I only know the rumors, don't know if it's true), maybe they move to Oberstdorf.
    Tomas trains in Canada, doesn't he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Well, I loved their FD this year, so I will not complain about Zhulin. He at least made them the best European couple this year, and it definitely was not his fault that they didn't medal at Worlds.

As Nathalie apparently is in a relationship with Tomas (I only know the rumors, don't know if it's true), maybe they move to Oberstdorf. Martin Skotnicky has no top-ten couple at the moment, and their style for me seems to go together quite well.

(As long as Martin doesn't put Fabien in a costume like the Gahzi had this year... )
    The problem with Zhulin isn't his ability as coach but rather that he coaches part-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    The problem with Zhulin isn't his ability as coach but rather that he coaches part-time.
    If he has only one or two couples, part-time is more than enough, especially since Volkov works with them too. Zhulin said he was spending three hours a day with his students, with all three of them on the ice. How much time can Shpilband and Zoueva spend per day with each of their dozen or so couples? maybe 45 minutes each.
    Last edited by Asli; 05-02-2011 at 06:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    If he has only one or two couples, part-time is more than enough, especially since olkov works with them too. Zhulin said he was spending three hours a day with his students, with all three of them on the ice. How much time can Shpilband and Zoueva spend per day with each of their dozen or so couples? maybe 45 minutes each.
    I can not comment on the truth of one or the other side. But if both Tarasova and Piseev took the complaints public, there must be something going on wrong.

vCash
    The ice-dancing world seems more susceptible to these coaching ups-and-downs than the other disciplines, IMO. Remember Doreen Denny at the Broadmoor...until a bunch of top N.Am. skaters, incl Blumberg/Siebert, dropped her ca1982? Dubova? Linichuk/Karponosov -- undisputed intl ice-dance coaches until not that long ago? Zazoui is just the latest in a long line. Schpilband's coaching team seems unbeatable right now but the year will come when they too might be dropped like a sack of potatoes for political reasons unbeknownst to most of us.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Yup he's been training in Richmond Hill, ON this whole season. But that's only like 4 hours from Detroit, maybe Nathalie and Fabian should go to S/Z?

vCash
    I can not comment on the truth of one or the other side. But if both Tarasova and Piseev took the complaints public, there must be something going on wrong.
    Looking back, I wonder if those public complaints were a way of racheting up the pressure on Zhulin to pick I/K over P/B.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    MBZ has no politikal clout Best coach in the world, IMO, but that's not enough
    ICAM, There is absolutely no excuse for the Delschoes consistantly finishing fourth despite consistantly outskating many of their rivals. Muriel is innopolitik

vCash
    So now that Krylova and Camerlengo have World 4th and 5th place couples, do you think any of the Marina/Igor team might come over to them?
    Maybe SamBates?

vCash
    Tarasova has always taken parts between coaches, had her favorite skaters and had agendas. She doesn't even claim to be objective. As for Piseyev, I don't see him complaining about Zhulin's training system. Only about his training P/B as well.

vCash
    I know it won't happen, but P/B with Skotnicky would be AMAZE. I always love his teams, and I think they could be quite avante garde with him. But anyway, I look forward to seeing what KnC can do with them; I personally found this years FD good, but a bit underwhelming, even when clean.

vCash
    Martin is out of the loop with COP and was kind of forced to take the german team back.
    I hoped they'd go to him, but Pasquale is logical !
    They used to work with him A LOT. He was responsible for the 2008 OD if memory serves right, and participated in some of their best FD.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I know it won't happen, but P/B with Skotnicky would be AMAZE. I always love his teams, and I think they could be quite avante garde with him. But anyway, I look forward to seeing what KnC can do with them; I personally found this years FD good, but a bit underwhelming, even when clean.
    I think Scotnicky has lost his creativity and he was never an exceptional technical coach. I don't see any advantage in P/B going to Obersdorf, except for being nearer to home.

Camerlengo and Krylova are a brilliant choice IMO. He has the artistic vision and she has the brilliant technique and the interpretation. Just seeing her on ice must do them good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Martin is out of the loop with COP and was kind of forced to take the german team back.
    I hoped they'd go to him, but Pasquale is logical !
    They used to work with him A LOT. He was responsible for the 2008 OD if memory serves right, and participated in some of their best FD.
    I don't think that Martin Skotnicky is out of the loop with COP. After all, Zhiganshina/Gazsi had high levels in all their competitions, in the FD at Worlds for example all level four and footwork level three.

vCash
    Camerlengo and Krylova are a brilliant choice IMO. He has the artistic vision and she has the brilliant technique and the interpretation. Just seeing her on ice must do them good.
    Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with for P/B. Mind you, anything which involves Krylova, I look forward to.

vCash
    They did F&S's 2008 and 2009 programs right? I thought those were excellent, especially '08.

vCash

I agree, this is a brilliant choice for P&B as it gets them to a first class training site in Detroit with up & coming coaches who have fresh ideas along with another top team (Weaver & Poje).

Will be interesting to see if other teams follow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    During Europeans I heard that he trains in Oberstdorf, but maybe he doesn't any more.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast