Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pechalat/Bourzat left Zhulin

I don't know if this is an official conformation of the rumors; according to http://news.sport-express.ru/2011-05-01/435824/, P/B are leaving Zhulin and are going to Krylova. Maybe they should go to Shpilbin and Zueva; that is the secret to get a medal . Apparently this move is initiated by the French Federation.

Why they don't go to Zazoui? She is a great coach and does not have any top teams at the moment.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    It's official and it has already been announced and discussed in various other threads
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    That might be good for Weaver/Poje if Pechalat/Bourzat are training with them. It was quite a quick decision, it sounds like, unless it was being considered for awhile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    That might be good for Weaver/Poje if Pechalat/Bourzat are training with them. It was quite a quick decision, it sounds like, unless it was being considered for awhile.
    Based on the FD thread in the Worlds forum, apparently the Russian Federation does not want Russian coaches, who are currently coaching in Russia, to coach any foreigners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Philippe Pelissier (french commentator for Eurosport, and former coach of Alban Preaubert and Stannick Jeannette) said the decision was already being discussed at French Nationals ! But you know, sometimes, Philippe Pelissier says weird things !

vCash
    Sad their tenure with him ended with that fall He really brought them along.

What about Morozov? He coaches tons of "foreigners?"

I'm having a hard time picturing Fabian in suburban Detroit.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    wrong info))
    Last edited by Fashionista; 05-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    But they aren't coached by Shpilband & Zueva, they won't be allowed to medal

whatever, dance is dead to me now, anyway

vCash
    The thing I don't understand : Angelica Krylova is a coach, and is from Russia. So, why can she be Pechalat&Bourzat's coach, and not Zhulin ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    The thing I don't understand : Angelica Krylova is a coach, and is from Russia. So, why can she be Pechalat&Bourzat's coach, and not Zhulin ?
    she does not coach in Russia.
    I think that is what the point is here with Russian Federation.

vCash
    Because she's not based in Russia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Katta View Post
    Because she's not based in Russia?
    because she is not getting huge financial support from RSF, Zhulin is supported financial by RSF and they want him to dedicate fully to Russian students

vCash
    Zhulin does not only get "support" from the Russian Federation. He is employed by them. That is the difference btween him and Anjelika.

vCash
    He is in Russia and probably is pressured to coach only Russian teams.
    In this dokumentary @ 0235 Zhulin mentioned that after Nathalie and Fabian won Euro tittle he was advised to teach them less .It is pitty because P/B , Zhulin and Volkov were good team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nTaG3YAn0

5 years ago Denkova/Staviski left Gorshkov for the same reason.

vCash
    In their facebook page, Nathalie and Fabian mentionned that if it was up to the 4 of them (Nathalie, Fabian,Oleg and Sasha), they would still be working together. Really sad when polititians have so much power on athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by risto1803 View Post
    I .....Why they don't go to Zazoui? She is a great coach and does not have any top teams at the moment.
    She doesn't seem to be in favor & in touch right now, just judging by skaters who have left her camp in the last year or two, Capp/Lanotte being the most recent.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    well, it's sad they were forced to make such a decision, instead of it just being theirs, but I must say I'm really happy about it. I just hate what they've become under Zhulin. I loved them when they were coached by Zazoui and now I hope they can go back to the style thay had then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    She doesn't seem to be in favor & in touch right now, just judging by skaters who have left her camp in the last year or two, Capp/Lanotte being the most recent.
    I really don't understand it, the woman produced Anissina/Peizerat and Delobel/Schoenfelder, skaters should be in line to be coached by her. I also found her and Hagenauer's programs much more interesting than S/Z's.

*sorry for a double post

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    MBZ has no politikal clout Best coach in the world, IMO, but that's not enough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I really don't understand it, the woman produced Anissina/Peizerat and Delobel/Schoenfelder, skaters should be in line to be coached by her. I also found her and Hagenauer's programs much more interesting than S/Z's.
    Yes, she must be a fantastic technical coach. However Nathalie and Fabian, after working with Zhulin and Volkov, don't seem to think that highly of her coaching system any more. They have told the press severaal times that they had to learn everthing from scratch and Fabian even said that he has been "skating" only for three years.

Maybe every time skaters change coaches they have to learn some things from scratch - Belbin and Agosto had said the same about switching to Linichuk/Karponosov. But P/B really seem to appreciate Zhulin and Volkov much more than Zazoui.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast