Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Must say I wish Mishin's students would work with some different choreographers
    Yeah. I frankly don't get it there. Mishin is obviously an amazing technical coach. But the man should realize that even if HE doesn't care for the PCS/ARTISTIC side in this sport that its in his students best interests to have the best choregraphy possible. Seriously

vCash
    ^ this 100%.

Whenever I have spoken to Mishin he is always funny and friendly, interesting to talk and the man scientifically is a genious.

vCash
    Well, as the question was whom "we" dislike, I think it's Orser for me. There must be a reason why he was left by his two best students, and I don't think that he has brought up the best in Adam Rippon. (Especially thinking hat he didn't even do the coreography.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Yeah. I frankly don't get it there. Mishin is obviously an amazing technical coach. But the man should realize that even if HE doesn't care for the PCS/ARTISTIC side in this sport that its in his students best interests to have the best choregraphy possible. Seriously
    Well, it works for his students. See Gachinski at Worlds, he has same PCS as others with choreo. (Oooops, again, the debate about choreo, transition, and wuzrobbing !)

vCash
    In the US right now, Tom Z by a landslide. First, he "encouraged" Joshua Farris to skate the free at Nationals knowing that Joshua was badly injured and unable to take pain meds. Second, he failed to inform USFS and Team Mirai of Rachel's status for Worlds.

As for the most slimy, Morozov. As for the least imaginative, Mishin.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I thought that this would be a poll ... was poised to vote "all of the above"

(so much ruined talent over the years via bad coaching)

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I get the impression from some that Mishin's name is practically a filthy word...

Must be a bunch of people jealous at the amazing skaters he's trained!
    I could not agree more! Seems like the better you and your skaters do the more you are hated! So bring on the hate and see it as a compliment!

vCash
    I vote for whoever taught Caroline Zhang how to jump. It's really concerning watching her vault off the ice, and I wonder what kind of problems and pain she's going to face when she gets older for years of the hammer toe lutzes and corkscrew loops. What kind of coach lets a skater get by with that kind of technique?
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 05-03-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Although Moronsov is a slimeball, he does seem to work well with his students, and is able to get the best out of them in what seems to be a positive way (by even the reports of students who have left him). Tom Z, however, and his seeming to bully a child into competing injured/ill/tired and causing him greater injury, then basically telling him in the K&C to suck it up, smile and wave, comes across as a sociopath.

Mishin always struck me as a bit of a dirty old man...
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    There are so words to describe what I think of Tom Z. right now.
    ^This.

I couldn't stand his smug little mug before this incident, and I like it even less now.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    It's been increasingly painful to watch Tom Z in the kiss and cry. This year there were his push-ups after Rachael's program at Skate America(bringing the attention squarely on him rather than on his skater, where the attention belonged), then Joshua Ferris after his long program at Nationals. Joshua's furious reaction was that of someone who'd been pushed against his better judgment. I've never met Tom Z, but based on kiss and cries alone, he strikes me as manipulative, attention-seeking, and all around slimy. Is it possible that he has connections to USFS in Colorado Springs, or are they just ignoring his behavior? As far as I can tell, it's reprehensible and reflects incredibly poorly on US Figure Skating.

vCash
    Based on impressions while watching skating and articles (during many, many years) there are a few coaches I don´t admire

- Mishin
    - Zhulin
    - Tom Z
    - Tarasova

vCash
    When a coach is 'not so nice', demeaning to their skater, making poor judgement calls regarding whether a skater should compete or not, sociopath, egotistical- more often than not to the detriment of the skater(s)...where are the parents?? Brainwashed?

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I can not speak about USFSA, but the ISU does not want parents around. It is made perfectly clear at the competitions that parents are not at all a part of the sport. It is never said, but it is felt loud and clear. It is very interesting since without parent support there are very few if any skaters that could actually get to that level. There are always exceptions to the rule and some parents that have a difficult time remembering what their role should be. So, as far as RF, the parents may have been left as far out of the loop as possible. Remember she is over 18 and they do not need to consent and do not have rights to medical info.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I'm just pleased that no one said Mr. Sato, Frank, or Priscilla Hill...or Yuka..

The only coach that I ever intensely disliked was Pam Gregory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by edonice View Post
    It's been increasingly painful to watch Tom Z in the kiss and cry.
    At this point, I'm almost disliking Tom Z. as much as I do Morozov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I'm just pleased that no one said Mr. Sato, Frank, or Priscilla Hill...or Yuka..

The only coach that I ever intensely disliked was Pam Gregory.
    Any particular reason? I don't know much about Pam Gregory, except that she coached Kimmie to the 2006 World title.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Say what you want about Nikolai, but his skaters go out there and perform. Very rarely will they miss more than one jump per program, and they never have a meltdown. They are very, very consistent.

Just look at Elene G...two triple lutzes back to back and no pops? When's the last time that's happened?

vCash
    Shpilband/Zueva win hands down, as far as I am concerned, for turning ice dance into a series of technical elements with shockingly bad choreography.

Tom Z comes second (although he's a DILF and I'd totally shag him ). Dupagegal said it better than I could:

Quote Originally Posted by dupagegal View Post
    Before this Flatt issue many of us have had bad experiences with Tommy Boy.
    Tom Z is an arrogant egotist who thinks he is better than everyone else. Many a competitor or coach has experienced the cold shoulder and all the unnecessary mind games during the warm up’s before competitions. He is just an ass. So is his stone faced side kick Becky.
    What an ass.

Brian Orser comes third for his immature, diva behaviour, closely followed by Frank Carroll. The competition between them on who can be a meaner bitch is very to watch though.

Oleg Vasiliev gets the fifth place for sleeping with his students and being a cold, nasty wanker.

Morozov is a asshole privately, yes. But he gets very good results with his skaters and is capable of interesting choreography if he tries. He also seems to be great at supporting his students.

Ola Kauc, commentating for Polish Eurosport said that he was the best choreographer she's ever worked with. He was kind, supportive, really focused on them and made sure that they were comfortable with the choreography he was giving them. And all that despite Kauc/Zych definitely not being a priority for him.

So whilst I wouldn't want Morozov as a friend, I'd definitely like to be coached by him if I was a skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Although Priscilla's coats are another matter.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast