Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    I'm not so sure of that. When V/M switched to S&Z, they were different from the other couples in that camp and I think they kept their individuality. They continued skating in a more mature way, are more balletic and tidier and Tessa even hasn't become skinny like Shpilband's other female skaters. So hopefully I/K can keep their individual style too.
    Yes but Zueva and Shpilband suck at choreographing anything sensual/sexy. Just look at V/M's dorky whitebread "Latin" choreo in their FD (And I say this as a huge V/M fan)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    well,I really hope Fernandez change coach as soon as possible...
    He will.

following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    There were those who thought Isabel (not Oliver) was sorely lacking some elegant qualities of line and edges, as well, so as usual it's chacon a son gout.
    I read this and thought immediately of this

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Isabel was very skilled from the knee down. Another story from the knee up.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Russia's got the post-Olympic blues before they've even started
    http://www.rusbiznews.com/news/n1050.html

A thousand days before the opening of the Sochi Olympics, Russian athletes have reached a nadir. During the 2010-2011 winter season, which ended in the defeat of Vyacheslav Bykov's team at the Ice Hockey World Championship, Russians only managed to win two top awards. In their race for gold, the future Olympic hosts have been outdistanced by even... the Australians. This correspondent for "RusBusinessNews" has been figuring out who is going to rouse the Russian sports world from its coma in the next three years and how this is going to be done.
    It's not sounding good, but a lot can change in 3 yrs.

The pressure on I&K, V&T, Gachinski, Leonova, Makarova, et al must be enormous

ETA: Russia signs multi-million dollar deal with Gazprom to prepare team for Sochi 2014
    http://www.insidethegames.biz/olympi...for-sochi-2014

They're certainly throwing enough money at it. It worked for Canada.

vCash
    Somewhat ot: I have never understood why more top flight skaters haven't used Raphael,
    especially since the Kween used him. As far as I know Mao was his last and that was seasons ago. Also diffiuclt to understand how Morosov juggles so may skaters at a time and appears to do well by them.

vCash

Now I have to know...

What did Australia beat Russia at?

vCash
    All of Austrailias golds and medals were in snowboarding but Russia won a gold in snowboarding as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    All of Austrailias golds and medals were in snowboarding but Russia won a gold in snowboarding as well.
    Ah, I suspected as much!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Somewhat ot: I have never understood why more top flight skaters haven't used Raphael,
    especially since the Kween used him. As far as I know Mao was his last and that was seasons ago. Also diffiuclt to understand how Morosov juggles so may skaters at a time and appears to do well by them.
    Nikolai Morozov, in the US at least, had coaches that assisted him. Those coaches would do much of the training of the skaters, and Morozov would direct it, and do some of the training as well. All of the coaches in the "Morozov camp" basically taught in a style compatible with that of Morozov.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Closing doors does not seem to hurt Chineese pair skaters. they have built their pair program from nothing, without any influence of the experts from other countries.
    That is not true. The Chinese pairs teams and their coaching staff, once the teams were at a certain level technically, came to the US to learn western styles of makeup, hair, costumes, music, and choreography. There were US coaches and etc. helping out.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    That is not true. The Chinese pairs teams and their coaching staff, once the teams were at a certain level technically, came to the US to learn western styles of makeup, hair, costumes, music, and choreography. There were US coaches and etc. helping out.
    My understanding was that they seeked help from outside only when they were very near to the top. The most of the job (from nothing to near to the top) was done with them being closed to extrenal world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I read that Zhao trained in Russia early on, before he teamed with Shen.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456