Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    Do you think Meryl always looks bored and fed up?
    Yep.

vCash
    There are reports that not all is well in Bazarova/Larionov camp. While retirement is not expected, there are some concerns about team's future.

vCash
    What have you heard? It would be sad if they split after such a breakthrough season, especially given all they waited after Larionov's positive drug test.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Nothing really wrong with it, but wierd means harder to wrap your mind around, easier to dismiss, harder to like/love/enjoy.
    Ah, OK. I never was easily pleased though, so no wonder I like "weird."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post

I am not sure if I understand. Do you think Meryl always looks bored and fed up?
    She ALWAYS has the same look on her face no matter what kind of dance they are skating to.
    Even when they won it did not change.
    So, yes I do think she looks bored & fed up. But to be fair she is not the only one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    She ALWAYS has the same look on her face no matter what kind of dance they are skating to.
    So, yes I do think she looks bored & fed up. But to be fair she is not the only one.
    Amen to this. No change of expression of her face. I can't imagine how tiring and tedious training is for her and everyone else, day after day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I don't know, I thought she teared up after the placements came up. She didn't look bored to me, just happy.

vCash
    Re Meryl's expression. You people just see what you want to see. Meryl and Charlie were both thrilled and happy with their win. Words like tedious, bored, and fed up are far from the truth.

But regardless of the negative comments which will always be here no matter what, they made ice dance history and did US figure skating proud. Nothing can take that away from them and I hope they continue to represent US ice dance so very well for a long time to come.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Personally, I thought Meryl looked very resigned after the FD. I got the feeling she was thinking something like "we've skated our best, couldn't have done more, and will probably come 2nd, AGAIN." I almost think she looked a bit upset. When they won, you could see how pleased and surprised she was.

I really like Meryl. There's something very likeable about her IMO. She has an almost exotic quality to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    There are reports that not all is well in Bazarova/Larionov camp. While retirement is not expected, there are some concerns about team's future.
    Oh - I think that she is so lovely. I know that she struggles with the single jumps, but he just looks so compared to her. I know that she waited for his drug suspension to be over, but maybe she does need a new partner.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    weren't they dating as well? Probably they broke up and that's why "not all is well" now.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Somebody said maybe Smirnov would skate with Bazarova, but I think this was just a wish of theirs not based on reality at all. I don't know why people are so quick to 'retire' Kavaguti though. She changed her citizenship to skate for Russia so you would think she would stay in competing for as long as she can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Personally, I thought Meryl looked very resigned after the FD. I got the feeling she was thinking something like "we've skated our best, couldn't have done more, and will probably come 2nd, AGAIN." I almost think she looked a bit upset. When they won, you could see how pleased and surprised she was.
    I thought she just looked tired and I can't blame her after that crazy difficult, packed with elements and fast FD. But to say she always has the same look on her face or that she looks fed up like Yu-na (who I totally agree looked bored to death) is just plain riddiculous. I mean do you people really think she had the same look on her face during SD and FD?

I wish people would stop bitching around about them. They're a top class dance team and even if you don't like their style or the fact they now are World Champions, they still deserve some respect. Especially that their gold was probably the most deserved world championship in ice dance since D/S in 2008 (but some would probably argue about that too, claiming gold should have gone to V/M back then).

Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I really like Meryl. There's something very likeable about her IMO. She has an almost exotic quality to her.
    To me she's just incredible, I mean her looks is so original, she looks like some kind of nymph from another universe in her skationg dresses, make-up and hair-do. And she looks like a lovely person, I have no idea what's not to like about her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I thought she just looked tired and I can't blame her after that crazy difficult, packed with elements and fast FD. But to say she always has the same look on her face or that she looks fed up like Yu-na (who I totally agree looked bored to death) is just plain riddiculous. I mean do you people really think she had the same look on her face during SD and FD?

I wish people would stop bitching around about them. They're a top class dance team and even if you don't like their style or the fact they now are World Champions, they still deserve some respect. Especially that their gold was probably the most deserved world championship in ice dance since D/S in 2008 (but some would probably argue about that too, claiming gold should have gone to V/M back then).

To me she's just incredible, I mean her looks is so original, she looks like some kind of nymph from another universe in her skationg dresses, make-up and hair-do. And she looks like a lovely person, I have no idea what's not to like about her.
    I never said I did not like Meryl Davis, far from it. But I (Just my opinion) thinks that she could work on having a different look on her face for each dance. I agree that she is very unique (in a good way) & love her fashion sense on the ice. After all skating is a very visual sport so it's only natural that we look at her face when she is skating.
    I personally find that she looks bored. I'm not a hater of anyone & truly love each skater for being different.
    As for deserving the gold, I liked V/M more, does that make me a hater?. NO !
    Two of my fave female ice dancers of all time are Tanith Belbin & Barbara Fusar-Poli because they pulled you into the dance & made you feel like they were living the dance. Some found Barbara over the top but you could never say she was not passionate about what she did.
    I just think Meryl could sell the dance even more if she did this.

vCash
    One thing that Meryl could use is a voice coach. More and more, she has become the spokesman for the team. That high-pitched little-girl voice has to go.

Don't get me wrong---I love Meryl and Charlie, and I think her facial expressions are fine. It's the voice that is grating on my nerves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Re Meryl's expression. You people just see what you want to see. Meryl and Charlie were both thrilled and happy with their win. Words like tedious, bored, and fed up are far from the truth.
    Meryl seems very reserved, not willing to show much outward emotion. So she may be very excited and thrilled inside, but she doesn't seem to show much of that on her face. I was surprised when she teared up after they found out they won because I'm not used to seeing her show real emotion like that.

vCash
    Ugh, I hope they don't break up. They're my fave team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Somebody said maybe Smirnov would skate with Bazarova, but I think this was just a wish of theirs not based on reality at all. I don't know why people are so quick to 'retire' Kavaguti though. She changed her citizenship to skate for Russia so you would think she would stay in competing for as long as she can.
    Didn't we already go though this rumor last summer?

I like B/L, I hope they can work through whatever the problem may be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I don't see D&W retiring. Unless Charlie wants to go off and have babies with Tanith.
    What beautiful babies that would be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Didn't we already go though this rumor last summer?
    It'll probably turn into an every off-season thing. Like the 'Slutskaya is pregnant' rumors.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast