Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    From a competitive stand point it seems to be a wise decision to move it to April. The extra few weeks obviously made a big difference. We have seen some great skating. However, I don't think it would be the best for those skaters who try to earn a living as soon as the season ends. It takes away a month of their time to make money and/or gives them less time off and to prepare for the next season.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    No. The season is too long for the skaters, the shows have to hit the road - and yes, it's hockey playoff season in Canada!!

vCash
    Imagine an April Worlds during an Olympic year. How many skaters would show up?

vCash
    No. The skaters need to rest, and they do shows, etc.

vCash
    I don't see it happening. It adds another month to the training expenses, forces some skaters to hunt for rink time as many facilities reduce operations at the end of March, and interferes with the rhythm of the season. There's already a gap between the scheduled Olympic time and Worlds. Increasing that gap won't benefit anyone but the injured.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I don't see it happening. It adds another month to the training expenses, forces some skaters to hunt for rink time as many facilities reduce operations at the end of March, and interferes with the rhythm of the season. There's already a gap between the scheduled Olympic time and Worlds. Increasing that gap won't benefit anyone but the injured.
    Not even that, necessarily - extra time helps skaters who are on the mend and just need more time to recover (e.g. V/M) but works against skaters who are injured and holding on until the end of the season to have surgery or take a break (I think Joubert and Takahashi fall into that group).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12