View Poll Results: Who didn't totally suck?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jacob Lusk

6 12.24%
  • Lauren Alaina

5 10.20%
  • Scotty McCreery

11 22.45%
  • Casey Abrams

18 36.73%
  • Haley Reinhart

15 30.61%
  • James Durbin

34 69.39%
  • They were all totally lame.

3 6.12%
  • I don't know. I was watching the rerun of The Voice.

4 8.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I only like half of the remaining six: Casey Abrams, Jacob Lusk, and Haley Reinhart. The other half is simply the most overrated triumvirate that Idol has had EVER. James Durbin is too hit and miss, Lauren Alaina Suddeth is reason enough to raise the age minimum to 18, and Scotty McCreery's voice is BEYOND affected. I had such high hopes for this season, and it's become a bloody disaster.

There was a Scottish 30-something on Britain's Got Talent last weekend who sang a coterie of nursery rhymes to the music of "Run" by Leona Lewis. That had more talent, personality, and charisma than ANYTHING Idol has put out all season long. In fact, the X Factor and Got Talent franchises (sister franchises of Idol) have been more successful in recent years than Idol has. On those franchises, an audition, no matter how lame or how grand, can become a worldwide viral hit within hours and provide water-cooler chatter for weeks on end. Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, Susan Boyle, Paul Potts, even a drag queen doing animal sounds on the Filipino version of Got Talent got a lot of attention. No Idol show, not even American Idol, has ever had that singular moment (or similar moments) that results in worldwide (or at least Internet-wide) attention. Which begs the questions: Should Idol be retooled to attain some of the recent glory of X Factor and Got Talent? Or has Idol simply become the red-headed stepchild of Fremantle Media?

vCash
    Such dreckitude, I had to fast forward through most of it. Scotty and Lauren did serviceable jobs. I'm a Casey fan, but that didn't do anything for me. Jacob and Haley were meh. The only performance I enjoyed was James.

Looking forward to The Voice next week.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm switching to the Voice since I missed the first 15 minutes or so last night due to weather. I can pass on the rest of AI tonight.

And Adam Levine in a t-shirt is way hotter than the kidlets.
    I watched the last 20 minutes of The Voice last night, and I really liked it. I'm going to keep watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I kind of like Carol King, but I thought tonight was meh.

James was pretty good, but the gratuitous screams every week are annoying. I didn't think his performance was that special. And the fact that the judges raved so much about it shows the lack of any real standout performances this season. Did not like the duet with Jacob at all. I'm good with Jacob going tomorrow.

I'm also tired of the grunting from Casey, though at least he did something interesting with his song. In contrast, I'm bored with both Lauren and Scotty. There are some country singers on The Voice who are better. But, I know these two and James will be the top three.

Haley will be bottom three again, even though she doesn't deserve to be.

I'm glad Crystal is going to be on tomorrow. Now she did Carol King justice.
    I like Carol King, myself. And I'm always surprised when I find out she wrote some of the older hits i liked, that she did not perform.

Casey does get annoying. Like Scotty, I think it's the expressions he gets on his face that irritate me the most.

James started out amazingly, I wish he had - just this once - left the gratuitous screams out. They don't have to define him.

I thought Haley was great. I really don't get why they seem to be sabotaging her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I thought Haley was great. I really don't get why they seem to be sabotaging her.
    Gotta remember that production thought that Lauren was THE ONE. If Haley lasts longer, production is wrong. Nigel et al HATE to be wrong.

vCash
    Danny Gokey was THE ONE as well. That didn't quite work out, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Danny Gokey was THE ONE as well. That didn't quite work out, either.
    Yes, and the powers that be were not happy when Kris outlasted him. Danny got an A++ for effort for a horrible performance. Last night we saw the judges find a way to praise Lauren for a mistake. And I think they'll probably get what they want, which is Lauren in the finale. Meanwhile, Haley will be gone by next week.

vCash
    I enjoyed Michael Slezak's review of last nights performances. He mentioned figure skating and Sandra Lee tablescapes!!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/04/americ...0-carole-king/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Gotta remember that production thought that Lauren was THE ONE. If Haley lasts longer, production is wrong. Nigel et al HATE to be wrong.
    If Haley outlasts Lauren (not likely), will production still sabotage her? Or will they act like they knew it all along?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    If Haley outlasts Lauren (not likely), will production still sabotage her? Or will they act like they knew it all along?
    Yes, they will sabotage Haley if Lauren goes home before her. (Apparently, votes from the South, including Lauren's home state, were severely impacted by the weather last night, but I think Lauren still will be safe.) They do not want Haley in the finale or even the top three. They clearly want a final three consisting of James, Scotty, and Lauren. And they think that Jacob and Casey make for better tv than Haley.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think the storms in the South caused a LOT more people to miss voting than anyone may imagine. I didn't even watch the show because all eyes were on the news because we have family in the areas hit. This was true for so many people and of course those hit couldn't watch. I expect Lauren to be in the bottom 3 for the first time but I agree she will probably be safe. It could, just possibly, be enough to knock her out, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I love Casey and Hayley and think they are both immensely talented. I enjoyed James performance last night, but think he's a bit of a one-trick pony. Scotty was better, but not great. Sometimes I like Jacob and other times I don't. Some performances he does really remarkable things with his voice and other times he's just plain annoying. Lauren seems very sweet, but I find her really quite boring - but I found Carrie Underwood boring too, so what do I know?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilou View Post
    - but I found Carrie Underwood boring too, so what do I know?
    That was a very common critique of Carrie on American Idol. Some of us still hold that criticism.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Ryan says, "A lot of people will be disappointed with who's going home." Duh!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Ryan says, "A lot of people will be disappointed with who's going home." Duh!
    that means either Scotty or James. Uh Oh for the producers if that's the case.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Maybe it'll be Lauren.

vCash
    No, I think it means Jacob, Casey or one of the girls. The outcome is rarely as exciting as the tease.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Listening to this, they should all go home.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I think Scotty fans are the fanatics this year, even more than James'.

vCash
    Ryan could be referring to almost anyone. But, I think he's probably not referring to Haley.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast