Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Get well soon, Sasha.

vCash
    Not much to cheer about for this team lately. I'm really sorry that they'll be missing Europeans this year after missing Russian Nationals. They started the season so strong then things went really strange: Yuko's "other shoulder" problem, Sasha's recurrent knee problem, now Sasha's appendicitis with the small intestine complication.

Hoping that the time between now and Worlds will enable them to heal completely and come back strong. Get healthy, guys! Wishing them all the best!
    Last edited by easilydistracte; 01-18-2012 at 01:01 AM.

vCash
    [Once again double-posting and dragging this thread back from the oblivion to which it's been heading. Yeah, I know I could just start a new thread, but this one's still perfectly good, so what the hell. . .. And, yeah, I know this post is really, really, delayed, but just wanted to close out the season.]

Anyway, because, as a fan, one must accept the bad as well as celebrate the good:

2012 Worlds SP
    2012 Worlds LP

(Many thanks, as usual, to those who posted videos on YouTube.)

[7th place, unfortunately, so no podium, no gala. Oh, well. It is what is. Blah, blah, blah; etc., etc., etc….] Freak fall in the SP at Worlds for the second year in a row! What are the odds, man?! Sasha would have had to just have been kicking himself after both the SP and the LP. I have to believe that they still weren't at 100% during Worlds. How would things have turned out if that lift had gone up as it should have in the LP? ["Woulda, coulda, shoulda;" didn't, durnit!]

The past four months or so have been so frustrating for me as a fan, especially since the season started out so well for them. (Given the choice, I'd rather they completely bomb in the GP series and do well at Worlds instead of the other way around. Ideally, of course, they'd do well during the whole season and at every competition.) Anyway, you can never tell when illness or injury will occur.

Since this was the second season for Claire de Lune, it's unlikely that they'll be competing it anymore, sad to say. I'm hoping that they'll keep it as an exhibition number so they can perform it from time to time. It really became a signature piece for them.

Excerpts from their performances in Stockholm Ice. Nice to see them enjoying themselves.

What I want is for them to continue to strengthen their partnership as a team and to continue exploring unique and beautiful programs without resorting to bizarre choreography. I'd like for them to clean up their triple twist and to skate with joy and abandon; and to hell with what anybody says or thinks about them. Most of all, I want them to get healthy and to stay healthy!

Hoping they have a great and productive off-season and that they come back strong next season!

[In the meantime, here's "Left Alone" . Really melancholy. Kind of like my mood has been since Worlds. Lyrics . Listen and read and contemplate. . ..]
    Last edited by easilydistracte; 04-23-2012 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    (Sorry--post loaded twice!!)

vCash
    CDL looked really good skated to Nessun Dorma, although it's overused atleast it's not an electric guitar. I too hope that Moskvina fixes their twist but after 6 years I doubt she will, she must not see it as a problem.

I hope they come up with new jump combos like 3T+2A or something similar. Our maybe work on a 3FTh.

vCash
    Nice to see this thread resumed.
    With Smirnov's cockups in the Worlds two years running, I hope people (some, not perhaps those here) will stop bashing Yuko and saying Smirnov should skate with someone else etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345