Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,703
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    If Midori and Plushenko had kids.. the kids might be able to a quad axel.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,164
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1604
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    Although he is obscure and only finished in tenth place at Russian nationals, let's not forget Vladislav Sezganov, who is practicing the quad lutz and can be seen doing an amazing one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIv1_eYk9Cg. Of course, I realize he won't be competing internationally at ISU championships, but maybe taking the third spot at Cup of Russia some year is in his future and he can attempt his quad there.
    I thought of this guy! Couldn't think of the name right away so dropped it. But it could be someone like him to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by millipied View Post
    S/S may try 4Fth
    Now I just think of what I read about them saying why they are probably not going to try it. Something like it is not like doing a triple with one extra revolution - it is a compeletely different thing and that is tough even trying.

    Gachinksi 4 loop looked so good.

    Would like to see Rippon try a 4lz. He can do a 3lz with both arms over his head so there is something about a lz that he can do it in a much harder fashion than everyone else already!

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The throw quad isn't worth a hell of a lot: A throw 4F is work 9.0 points. A throw 3F is worth 5.5. And the difference between a quad-twist and triple-twist is even narrower: 2.2 to 2.7 difference (assuming matching levels).

    Also, rewatching their LP, Aliona seems to rotate quite slowly (relatively speaking), which would make a quad throw even less likely.

    Would be awesome, though.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,806
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    16943
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Weiss never landed a clean 4L in competition.

    I think a clean 4t-4t is too much, so I don't think we'll see one any time soon; although Plushy has attempted 3A-4t in practice.
    Plushy is landing 3A-4T in practice apparently but is undecided whether he will try in competition. He has admitted trying 4T-4T but that it would basically have to be a 20-second program for him to try it in competition because he's phyiscally unable to do anything else after it. I don't know whether that has anything to do with where he tried it in his practice session, but it doesn't sound good.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,260
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Plushy is landing 3A-4T in practice apparently but is undecided whether he will try in competition.

    The attempt I watched was under-rotated, and I don't think he has ever rotated one. His attempt was impressive and I admire him for trying it, but there is no doubt it's not good enough to try it in competition.
    And will he compete again at such a level ?

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,806
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    16943
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post

    The attempt I watched was under-rotated, and I don't think he has ever rotated one. His attempt was impressive and I admire him for trying it, but there is no doubt it's not good enough to try it in competition.
    And will he compete again at such a level ?
    The only vision of this we have is from around about May last year, I think. If he continued to work on it, I have no doubt he would be rotating it properly by now. We shall have to see.

    HOW many times is this going to have to be said? PLUSHENKO IS NOT BANNED FOR LIFE. Cinquantta (sp?) himself said they're aiming to reinstate him in June. He WILL be back.


  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,260
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    HOW many times is this going to have to be said? PLUSHENKO IS NOT BANNED FOR LIFE. Cinquantta (sp?) himself said they're aiming to reinstate him in June. He WILL be back.

    The funniest post I've read since the last crs post !

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayana_mnk View Post
    Although he is obscure and only finished in tenth place at Russian nationals, let's not forget Vladislav Sezganov, who is practicing the quad lutz and can be seen doing an amazing one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIv1_eYk9Cg. Of course, I realize he won't be competing internationally at ISU championships, but maybe taking the third spot at Cup of Russia some year is in his future and he can attempt his quad there.
    Did he two foot that? Nevertheless, it's amazing

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    If Midori and Plushenko had kids.. the kids might be able to a quad axel.
    Maybe a kulik ito child

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    The throw quad isn't worth a hell of a lot: A throw 4F is work 9.0 points. A throw 3F is worth 5.5. And the difference between a quad-twist and triple-twist is even narrower: 2.2 to 2.7 difference (assuming matching levels).

    Also, rewatching their LP, Aliona seems to rotate quite slowly (relatively speaking), which would make a quad throw even less likely.

    Would be awesome, though.
    Points wise, I think it would be better for them to stick to the triple flip and maybe try and do side by side triple salchows instead of double axels. They get 2s and 3s consistenly on their triple flip, and I don't think it's worth the risk to go for the quad. Also, I think that one of the amazing things about the triple flip that they do is her delay and slow rotation in the air, and I don't want to lose that.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    whats the use of doing a 3a-4t except for the wow factor?Kill himslef? when ever I see such stuff from Plu I want to punch his head to be back in place.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,806
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    16943
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    whats the use of doing a 3a-4t except for the wow factor?Kill himslef? when ever I see such stuff from Plu I want to punch his head to be back in place.
    WTF? Going on this logic, no-one should ever try any new jump or combination, because what is the point except for the wow factor?

    Inventing things, trying new things, is just the way Plushy rumbles. Especially if he's facing a legitimate challenge. I think he enjoys pushing the limits of what is physically possible.

    IIRC, the 3A-4T combo would be worth quite a bit because of the second jump having more rotations than the first, although please correct me if I'm wrong. It adds to his difficulty, his TES, and why shouldn't he try to push it higher?

    It seems at the moment, however, that he's more likely to be chasing his 4Lo and 4Lz for this season. Apparently he's landing 4S and 4Lo consistently in practice and is fine-tuning his 4Lz. He had it once; it's not so hard to imagine he could have it still or have it again.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Would like to see Rippon try a 4lz. He can do a 3lz with both arms over his head so there is something about a lz that he can do it in a much harder fashion than everyone else already!
    He can already do a 4lz.

  14. #34
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,415
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17896
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    He can already do a 4lz.
    Ah but you know won't really count until Rippon lands a 4Lz in competition, preferably an international one.

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ah but you know won't really count until Rippon lands a 4Lz in competition, preferably an international one.
    Yes, and I will be rooting for him to do it!

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,454
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Ah but you know won't really count until Rippon lands a 4Lz in competition, preferably an international one.
    Doesn't count at all until it's landed in competition! Lots of skaters have practice quads.

    I hadn't heard that he "had" one yet- just that he was working on it, and landed it a few times.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't think we will ever see a 4toe/4toe to be honest.

    I mean, given Plushenko's best 3axel/4toes that are recorded are 1/2 rotation short...

    I hope that Savchenko/Szolkowy will land a throw 4flip.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,260
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    whats the use of doing a 3a-4t except for the wow factor?Kill himslef? when ever I see such stuff from Plu I want to punch his head to be back in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    WTF? Going on this logic, no-one should ever try any new jump or combination, because what is the point except for the wow factor?
    It's not the same to try it after knee injury at 28 when you don't need it to win, and try it at 16, when healthy and newbie at senior level.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^ this.

    Plus how it adds to his Tes this combo, it is one 3axel + one 4toe no matter where you put it, the sum is the same. This makes sense to add it if he has different kinds of quads in his program and wants to free a pass, anyway i find the combo insane, how from the exit of 3axel to generate the 4t without injuring yourself or falling in your face flat.
    Yes Evgeni can want to push the jump department forward but for a benefit in his marks, it makes as much sense as like having the 4-3 in Lp whereas he could have avoided it and could add the 3t in a 3 combo jump, get the same marks and have more air to breath in his Lp.
    Or rules have changed and combos are marked different and I dont know it?

    Plushenko has said 4t-4t is impossible, not only the combo itself (i m sure he has tried all kind of sick combos in practice) but to add it in a program, he said you need 20 - 30 seconds to come back to normal breathing and proceed your skate. But the way I see Chan throwing the quads lately, maybe we ll see it

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,454
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    Plushenko has said 4t-4t is impossible, not only the combo itself (i m sure he has tried all kind of sick combos in practice) but to add it in a program, he said you need 20 - 30 seconds to come back to normal breathing and proceed your skate. But the way I see Chan throwing the quads lately, maybe we ll see it
    He could do an Amodio style dance break to give himself time to get his breathe back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •