Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So sick of the Finn/Rachel/Quinn triangle. Both girls could do so, so much better than him. Blah.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'm freaking out because I downloaded "Rumours" last week without any idea it was going to show up on the show. I'm in synch with Glee.

And now I really want an ice dance team to skate a "Rumours" FD.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    So sick of the Finn/Rachel/Quinn triangle. Both girls could do so, so much better than him. Blah.
    I agree. I don't find Finn appealing at all.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Ugh, nice way to destroy Artie's character so Santana/Britney can happen. Barf.
    The way I saw it, he didn't mean it the way it came out. "How could you be so stupid?" is an expression, one I heard a LOT when I was a teen or at school. Sadly for Artie, Brittany is stupid, knows it and got upset. The moment he said it he knew. Poor Brits, but I felt bad for him too.

Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    As usual too many commercials! After every scene another commercial, too much.
    That has nothing to do with the show though. Maybe watch it online if it bothers you so much? I do, and it's totally commercial free.

vCash
    What a fantastic episode. I agree with everyone who said that Glee is on it's way up again; these last two episodes have been awesome. The music last night rocked! There wasn't a song I didn't like, and I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand how many times that's happened this season.

I can't wait for next week, I hope this doesn't spoil it for anyone, but since it was in the preview...Jesse's back! And prom with kilts and tiaras! It all looks so and worthy.

vCash
    That Sam storyline was heartbreaking, especially with those two adorable little kids. Someone in my family came very close to being in that situation.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I watched it just now, had to be out last night. That was a lovely episode, and no I didn't see Sam's situation coming. I was even wondering last week when he was going to get another storyline, and that was a good reminder that not all teenagers can be preoccupied with their love-lives.

I was laughing, though, because I might be the only person my age who didn't buy Rumours. My sister had it, my friends had it, it was all over the friggin' radio for a year, and other than "Go Your Own Way" it never did much for me. But Rachel totally rocked that song!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post

What I'd love to see happen is for Finn to come crawling back to Rachel and she dumps him. He's just so , but maybe because this season, he reminds me so much of an ex-boyfriend of mine. Give me more Mike Chang and Puck!!

vCash
    Please give me your take on the Santana-Brittany relationship, do you think Brittany is also bi-sexual or did she just go along with Santana's wishes (when they were shown cuddling and kissing)because she truly loves her as a friend and didn't want to hurt her feelings?
    OK, pretending that they are real people (which is what I always do), no, I don't think Brittany is bi, I think she tends to go along with people she likes, esp since she has no confidence in her own judgement. She probably didn't like being a slut before either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    OK, pretending that they are real people (which is what I always do), no, I don't think Brittany is bi, I think she tends to go along with people she likes, esp since she has no confidence in her own judgement. She probably didn't like being a slut before either.
    That's an odd read. Why would Brittany be a slut just to go along with people she likes? I assume she doesn't like everyone in the school? She's the one who told Kurt that she was trying to have a perfect record of everyone in the school. And I think she is bi. Up until Santana's big feelings reveal, Brittany was the one who was most in to her and Santana together. Santana claimed to "just need a warm body". And she's the one who was originally pushing Santana to be honest about her feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I was laughing, though, because I might be the only person my age who didn't buy Rumours.
    What, were you raised in Communist Romania? Or perhaps Utah, where F Mac's bedhopping music was probably not collectively embraced?

Rumours was the third-ever 8-track -- I mean CD, of course, -- moi purchased. Right after Foreigner's and Van Halen's respective second albums, -- I mean digital collection downloads, of course.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    What, were you raised in Communist Romania? Or perhaps Utah, where F Mac's bedhopping music was probably not collectively embraced?

Rumours was the third-ever 8-track -- I mean CD, of course, -- moi purchased. Right after Foreigner's and Van Halen's respective second albums, -- I mean digital collection downloads, of course.
    I am older than you. My first album -- not 8-track, was the Beatles album I got for my 8th birthday in 1964. The first one I purchased was American Woman, followed by Elton John's first album, Blue and Sticky Fingers.

Rumours sounded like blah '70s soft rock to me, along with The Eagles and a lot of other crap I couldn't get into.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Generally speaking, female sexuality is more fluid than male, or at least girls are more open about it. I think one can be mostly staight or gay but still be occasionally, genuinely attracted to the same/opposite sex, whatever the case may be. So I think it is absolutely possible that Brittany can be attracted to both Santana and Artie, and Santana to Puck and Brittany.

I had a girlfriend in high school who later came out. She slept with A LOT of high school boys. And college boys. And the piece de resistance--non-college, non-high school boys with tattoos and cheap beer. After she came out, she admitted she kept sleeping with guys because even when it was OK, it never felt quite right. In college, she slept with a girl because that's what college is for . Afterwards, the lightbulb came on as to what was wrong with her boyfriend. I wonder if that's a possible storyline/explanation for Santana.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I loved the episode tonight and I really loved the music. I liked the final song the best with Rachel's song and the Kristin and Shu duet close seconds. Brittany's Fondue show was a riot but Sam's situation and the scenes with him and Rachel & Finn actually got me very teary. And Kristin Chenoweth is all kinds of awesome. She can come back anytime!
    Ditto

Please give me your take on the Santana-Brittany relationship, do you think Brittany is also bi-sexual or did she just go along with Santana's wishes (when they were shown cuddling and kissing)because she truly loves her as a friend and didn't want to hurt her feelings?
    Personally, I think that the Brittney character is a sweet girl who doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I watched it just now, had to be out last night. That was a lovely episode, and no I didn't see Sam's situation coming. I was even wondering last week when he was going to get another storyline, and that was a good reminder that not all teenagers can be preoccupied with their love-lives.
    I did't see the sam situation coming. I do think that it is an important storyline - that not all you see is what you think you are seeing. And I think that it is a reality for many teenagers - their families have been evicted and their parents are struggling to find any job.

I was laughing, though, because I might be the only person my age who didn't buy Rumours. My sister had it, my friends had it, it was all over the friggin' radio for a year, and other than "Go Your Own Way" it never did much for me. But Rachel totally rocked that song!
    Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks and Mac and John and Christine, what a wild mess during that time - if social media existed then . And yes, Rachel rocked that song.

vCash
    My favorite Glee eppy in a long time. That I loved the songs, and that those songs actually moved the stories along helped raise the episode higher than others in 2011.

Loved Brit the entire episode. What did she say to Arnie, something like "it's not cheating, if it's with a girl, and all they are doing is talking with their tongues really close". I agree that she's more a young girl who wants to please everyone than either 1) gay or 2) a user.

Naya Rivera "brought it" this episode, especially during "Songbird", a heartbreaker of a great song on par with Dolly's "I Will Always Love You". The writing for the storyline was just okay, but Naya elevated the material, showing her character’s internal struggles.

As usual, I really enjoyed seeing Jessalyn Gilsig and Cheno, no matter how unlikely the storylines for their being in the school are. Speaking of which ...

Sue. I'm sure that they'll trot out her sister during May sweeps to again try to rescue the character from the abyss they've written her into, and to stock Jane Lynch's Emmy reel ... but I'm over it. Besides, that "Ann Coulter" costume was poorly done ... looked more like something from Adult Swim cartoon (Metalocalypse, perhaps?) or Nelson's Mee-Maw than that witch.

vCash
    I didn't buy it either. I can't stand Stevie Nicks voice, and really could never bear her twirly skirt thing. But, now that you can download individual songs, it's great, because I really love the rest of the group.

I agree that Sue has become a bit hard to bear this season, but I think that the comment she made to Teri at the coffee shop about starting to lose it was pretty telling. I think that the rumored death before season end is going to be Becky, and that it wil send Sue off the deep end. That will let them either re-set her character, or take her in another direction. (This is purely speculation on my part)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I think that the rumored death before season end is going to be Becky, and that it wil send Sue off the deep end. That will let them either re-set her character, or take her in another direction. (This is purely speculation on my part)
    I thought the rumored death was the bird that Kurt was taking care of for the Warblers? Is there another planned?

vCash
    The episode planned in two or three weeks is called Funeral. There has been speculation on other boards as to whose funeral. If anyone wants more information, please PM me.

vCash
    Matthew Morrison stated a few weeks back that they spent a day filming in a funeral home and how emotionally draining it was, but I have no info beyond that.

vCash
    Oh lawdy ... Glee writers attempting "a very special episode"

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast