Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    My DVR didn't tape the last 1/2 hour (weather problems pre-empted it) so I have a lot of questions.

What did Lauren say/do that was so mean?

What dis Britteny mean by Lebanese?

What did everyone have on their shirts?

What was the mall scene all about?

What was in Quinn's past?

Thanks in advance.

The best thing to do is go to ch131.com or surfthechannel and watch the episode you missed. IN fact, being in the US, I think you could watch it on the Fox website.

If you really want to know...read on.

Lauren did some digging and found out that Quinn used to be a chubby brunette named Lucy who had a different nose. She then put posters with photographic evidence all over the school. And later apologised. I didn't think it was any meaner than Quinn's own Glist last season so it could be argued that she had it coming...

Brittany mean Lesbian.

The kids all had something they didn't like about themselves, or had struggled with, put onto their shirts to show that they loved themselves and were 'born this way'.

vCash
    lauren sought out history on quinn. found out that quinn had been overweight, wore glasses, had an imperfect nose - called lucy caboosy (lucy is apparently quinn's first name). Put up lucy caboosy posters all over the school, sort of in a bullying way. Which is why I wondered where Santana as the bully patrol was.

Brittney in true Brittney fashion meant lesbian

Mall scene was to have Rachel embrace her barbra nose

Shirts - let's see if I remember
    Tina: Brown Eyes
    Artie: Four Eyes
    Brittney: I'm with Stupid pointing up to her
    Puck: I'm with stupid pointing to his penis
    Shue: Butt Chin
    Emma: OCD
    Michael: Can't Sing
    Finn: Can't Dance
    Kurt: Likes Boys
    Rachel: ? Nose
    Mercedes: No Weave
    Santana: Lebanase (sitting in the auditorium not singing/dancing)
    Quinn: Lucy Caboosy
    Lauren: ?

vCash
    Lauren's shirt was Bad Attitude

And you can't leave out Emma's original shirt... Ginger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Shirts - let's see if I remember
    Tina: Brown Eyes
    Artie: Four Eyes
    Brittney: I'm with Stupid pointing up to her
    Puck: I'm with stupid pointing to his penis
    Shue: Butt Chin
    Emma: OCD
    Michael: Can't Sing
    Finn: Can't Dance
    Kurt: Likes Boys
    Rachel: ? Nose
    Mercedes: No Weave
    Santana: Lebanase (sitting in the auditorium not singing/dancing)
    Quinn: Lucy Caboosy
    Lauren: ?
    Lauren's shirt said 'bad attitude'.

What does Mercedes's 'no weave' shirt mean? That's the only one I didn't get.

Overall, this episode was definitely a step up from some of the recent ones. I loved the Rachel/Quinn duet and the scenes with Lauren and Quinn. I feel like we're finally starting to see a little more from one-dimentional characters like Lauren and Santana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    Lauren's shirt said 'bad attitude'.

What does Mercedes's 'no weave' shirt mean? That's the only one I didn't get.

Overall, this episode was definitely a step up from some of the recent ones. I loved the Rachel/Quinn duet and the scenes with Lauren and Quinn. I feel like we're finally starting to see a little more from one-dimentional characters like Lauren and Santana.
    Weave is what African American women use when talking about wigs or other hairpieces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Weave is what African American women use when talking about wigs or other hairpieces.
    I thought that's what it was, but I don't really get why that's something she has difficulty accepting about herself. I think her hair looks pretty the way it is.

Either way, the t-shirt thing sounded totally corny, but it was done pretty well. I loved Finn's and Brittany's shirts. And of course the special "Lebanese" shirt Brittany made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    I thought that's what it was, but I don't really get why that's something she has difficulty accepting about herself. I think her hair looks pretty the way it is.

Either way, the t-shirt thing sounded totally corny, but it was done pretty well. I loved Finn's and Brittany's shirts. And of course the special "Lebanese" shirt Brittany made.
    I think but am not certain, that she was saying that people think she has a weave, but it is not?

vCash
    But in episode 8 or 9 of the first season when one of the jocks is approaching her with a slushie (which eventually goes to Quinn and Finn, I think) she clutches her hair in fear and screams, "MY WEAVE!"

(I promise you I don't have a memory that good, I just happened to re-watch that episode this morning and that caught my attention since I was thinking about how stupid I thought her shirt was.)

Not that this show has any consistency whatsoever, but still...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    But in episode 8 or 9 of the first season when one of the jocks is approaching her with a slushie (which eventually goes to Quinn and Finn, I think) she clutches her hair in fear and screams, "MY WEAVE!"

(I promise you I don't have a memory that good, I just happened to re-watch that episode this morning and that caught my attention since I was thinking about how stupid I thought her shirt was.)

Not that this show has any consistency whatsoever, but still...
    Well my fan-wanking explanation is Mercedes thinks weaves are cool and diva-like so she walks around pretending she's got one. Then in this episode her revelation is she has no weaves at all.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Somewhat OT, but Chris Rock did a documentary on black women and their weaves, called "Good Hair"....very interesting. It showed little girls as young as 4 getting their hair straightened and stuff so they could "look white"
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    We watched that in my Minority Women In the US class last semester. Very disturbing that the mothers didn't see what was wrong with that but then I sit back and know they would probably tell me I didn't understand the culture. I always feel so awkward when confronted with those sorts of things.

vCash
    Just saw the latest episode after skipping a bunch and...can we just change the title to "The Santana Show?"

I can't get enough of her. I think she's becoming the funniest, most interesting character on the show.

I find myself fastforwarding to all her scenes just to hear what crazy funny thing she has to say next. I mean, "Trouty Mouth?" That's just gold.

In fact, even on a dramatic level, I actually feel more empathy for her coming out/sexuality struggles than Kurt.

vCash
    Sam: Trouty Mouth - another tee-shirt I forgot.

vCash
    Although I like Santana's increase in plot lines, I hope they don't do to her like they did with Sue. Last seasons, everyone was ff'ing through scenes just to get to Sue's scene to hear what crazy thing she'd say next. The writers got wind of that and now we're on Sue overload and it's not that funny anymore. There's a delicate balance they've got to keep, and I hope they're learning this.

vCash
    Thanks *Jen* & all who explained the parts I missed. I didn't have time last night but now I'm going to the website to try to watch the last 1/2 hour.

vCash
    I can't even process everything that just happened.

vCash
    Gwenyth who? I LIVE for Kristin Chenoweth AMAZING
    Kyle

vCash
    I'm liking Kristen Chenowith's Fleetwood Mac cover.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    And Oliver and I just started weeping like babies during the Google Chrome/It Gets Better commercial.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Wow. This has been an eventful first ten minutes. I don't know which was more over the top--Lard the Cat on Atkins or Sue as David Bowie.

At first, I thought Sue's second outfit was supposed to be a mocking of Gwyneth Paltrow.

ETA: On DVR, so just now hitting Cheno's cover. Damn, she's a great singer, and what makes her a great singer is that she knows when to be soft and when to belt it out. She understands the songs she sings so she doesn't overpower them.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast