Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Rachel messing with Sunshine because she felt threatened is fine. Rachel sending her to a crackhouse goes way beyond OOC and in any sort of realistic world would have been unforgivable. And of course, Glee is not realistic, and that's fine most of the time, but it really did damage to the character for me. Kind of like how Sue isn't at all funny anymore.
    The crackhouse thing was ridiculous, but it's not inconsistent with the show's history of over-the-top moments. Glee has always been super exaggerated when it comes to characterization. Even the first season, which everyone loves, had serious over-the-top moments. For example, in one early episode Mercedes threw a rock through the windshield of Kurt's car during the school's car wash. Would anyone realistically behave that way? No. But all the characters are supposed to have exaggerated personalities and actions. No one would send someone to a crackhouse in real life, but on a show like this it wasn't OOC for a character like Rachel.

vCash
    I agree with Michi that is was was OOC for Rachel to send Sunshine to a crackhouse. Rachel does over the top stuff to HERSELF.

Pushing the GLEE club kids to be overly sexy at a school rally
    agreeing to a make-over by Kurt to try to entice Finn
    trying to change her appearance (a la Britney Spears)
    considering a nose job
    leaving GLEE to star in a school production starring her
    trying to throw a crazy party in her 70s-inspired basement and getting it on with Blaine
    lying to Finn about losing her virginity, and on and on and on.

Those are overly dramatic things that she does to herself that are in character for Rachel. But sending Sunshine to a crack house was out of character for Rachel. She (unintentionally) torments herself or tries to outdiva anyone that is a threat to her vocally.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'd send Sunshine to a crackhouse and wouldn't feel guilty about it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Yes, well, I would never claim that to be OOC for you

vCash
    During Comic Con this past weekend there was a Glee panel, and the producers said Rachel, Kurt, and Finn are not leaving the show they are just graduating.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/glee-c...er-overstreet/

vCash
    Well, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that the controversy was almost certainly faked for attention!

So, now those three will be on at least through S4? They'd miss just the final season if that's the case.

vCash
    Didn't Rachel accuse a teacher of sexual harassment in the *very first episode* of this show's existence so she could get more leads?

Honestly, what storyline this past season was worse than the TWO pregnancies? TWO!?!?!?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    During Comic Con this past weekend there was a Glee panel, and the producers said Rachel, Kurt, and Finn are not leaving the show they are just graduating.
    So Rachel will work in the cafeteria, Finn will become a custodian and Kurt....???
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I wonder about the rest of the cast too. Are they just keeping Rachel, Kurt, and Finn for season four or everyone? I don't know how they can keep up with everyone going in different directions.

Kurt and Rachel had better not stay in Lima.

vCash
    The soundtrack for the concert movie is now available for listening. As much as I love some of the other singers on the show, listening to them in a live setting really does make it obvious that Lea Michele and Amber Riley are on a whole 'nother level from the rest of them*. "Don't Rain on My Parade" and "Ain't No Way" are both incredible, I think they're both actually better than the studio recordings. All I could think during "Ain't No Way" was how absurd it is that Brittany (BRITTANY!) has had a competition solo and Mercedes hasn't.

I'm also loving "Happy Days/Get Happy", "River Deep Mountain High", and "Somebody to Love".

I feel kind of bad for Jenna Ushkowitz - I know she was featured on a couple of group numbers (although one of those was obviously not actually live), but she's the only member of the cast who didn't get at least one solo or duet. I know she sang "True Colours" (and sounded lovely) at one of the European shows when Naya Rivera couldn't perform, so I don't know why they didn't just have her do it all along.

*Although Kevin McHale, while not quite on the same level as them, sounds pretty terrific as well - easily the best of the guys. Remind me again why Artie isn't New Directions' male lead?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    Kurt and Rachel had better not stay in Lima.
    That was literally my exact reaction when I heard the news about them staying on the show. Rachel/Broadway is the only Glee ship that matters IMO.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 08-03-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Glee Project Co-Winner Damian McGinty will be making his debut on Glee in episode 4! Can't wait!!!

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Dami...128908263.html
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920