Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Any more insight as to whether this is a possibility, mysticchic? I have spoken to several friends who also stated they would definitely interested. I think if everyone interested would spread the news to others, it just might happen!! How much time would you need before the event to set it up?

vCash
    Is Skate Detroit going to be webcast? I watched the Broadmoor this year by Wheat Designs. They webcast the main rink live and the other rink was available before the end of the day. Most of the events that were live were available within 15 minutes of the event ending.

They did have Skate Detriot on their webcast but it is not now, do you know if this year's Skate Detroit will be webcast?

Title-less
    vCash
    I'm willing to pay about what I paid Wheatdesigns. Summer competition coverage is very hard to come by, and with no other competition to watch, anything is welcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8dad11 View Post
    Is Skate Detroit going to be webcast? I watched the Broadmoor this year by Wheat Designs. They webcast the main rink live and the other rink was available before the end of the day. Most of the events that were live were available within 15 minutes of the event ending.

They did have Skate Detriot on their webcast but it is not now, do you know if this year's Skate Detroit will be webcast?
    I still see "2012 Broadmoor/Detroit series" listed on my membership page.

vCash
    From what I understand they are trying to work things out to webcast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    From what I understand they are trying to work things out to webcast.
    Do we know what they are working out? Is there a problem with the rink or the video company? I heard this year they had problems with the internet connections in the World Arena.

vCash
    I've sent an inquiry to Wheat Designs and will post if I receive a response I can share. I didn't notice any major problems with the Broadmoor Open webcast this year and they've always provided good customer service to me.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I expect to be refunded for half of the Broadmoor/Detroit series I paid for...

I hope it works out, though.

vCash
    I would watch

vCash
    Does anyone know which skaters are confirmed for Skate Detroit? I will be watching in person!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Does anyone know which skaters are confirmed for Skate Detroit?
    The official roster has not yet been published online (a competition thread has been started in the 2012-13 Kiss and Cry forum with an event schedule link... Arianne, I've cross-posted the schedule link at Golden Skate).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-07-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia! : )

vCash
    I would definitely pay to see it...especially novice through senior events.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Sure, just out of curiosity, I'd watch if it were FREE.

But when skaters are falling left and right working out a program's kinks at the start of the season, you'd have to PAY me to sit through it.

vCash
    I would!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Yes I do and I work in TV production. It would be pay per view. We are looking at a few options of doing the Jr and Sr live. If we can afford it and there is interest, we can do both rinks live, then archive it. Pretty sure Tanith and Yuka have no compete clauses. But there are others we have talked to that might be interested in doing a roving reporter/PBP. BTW I saw Madison and Zach and Jermey today. All looked great!
    The reason I am looking for interest other then the US is we can chose regions. Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming!

I don't know if it's too late for this year, but surely you can venture into kickstarter.com as an option (maybe for next year perhaps?)

I would be the first one to donate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I've sent an inquiry to Wheat Designs and will post if I receive a response I can share.
    A final decision has not yet been made about this year's Skate Detroit webcast, but I'm told it should be soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I expect to be refunded for half of the Broadmoor/Detroit series I paid for...

I hope it works out, though.
    So do I, but IF it doesn't, I assume anyone who pre-paid will receive a refund.

vCash
    $10-12 sure, I would pay. I have good memories of attending this event when I lived in Ann Arbor.

vCash
    Wheat Designs added a link to the Skate Detroit webcast today. I think that's a good sign...

vCash
    I just received a credit to my account for $17.00 from Wheat Designs. Looks like it's not happening this year.

Hopefully in the future!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I just received a credit to my account for $17.00 from Wheat Designs. Looks like it's not happening this year.

Hopefully in the future!
    Did they say why it was not happening?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast