Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    If you don't mind ordering online, Victoria's Teas (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario) is fantastic. They have a lot of specialty local blends, like Niagara ice wine tea. I love their Canadian Breakfast.

http://www.victoriasteas.com/
    I'll second the recommendation for this tea shop. I like the Buckingham Palace.

vCash
    My favourite tea is long island iced tea. Unlike caffeinated teas this one does not make me stay up, after three or four I actually have trouble staying up. On my feet that is. Wheeeee.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Red Zinger is my absolute fave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I had an afternoon tea at the Ritz where they serve a rose petal black tea. I am not sure of the brand but it was so amazing that I drank 4 cups and stayed up all night because of the overdose of caffeine.
    Oh, I did that too! And yes, that tea was to die for
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

From the Bloc
    vCash
    ooo a tea thread! Most of what I buy is Metropolitan Tea, which I think only supplies to the trade so available at tea purveyors and tea rooms in Canada, not sure about anywhere else.

They have a Cream Earl Grey too - seems like many companies do, so I'd highly recommend it.

One of my very favourites from Metropolitan is Lady Londonderry, which has hints of strawberry and lemon.

Jasmine is a good tea for those who don't like strong teas. It also makes excellent iced tea.

Assam is strong tea considered by many to be the connoisseur's tea, or Darjeeling, which is lighter but also highly regarded.

If the giftee is an experienced tea drinker, then Lapsang Souchong is a smoky blend, and if you can get it, Dragonwell (or longjine) tea is very earthy and highly prized.

For me, the biggest innovation since sliced bread has got to be the tea bags that you can use with your loose teas. I never liked the various metal implements, so when I found the bags, I was in heaven. Melitta makes them, and of course tea purveyors have them too.

vCash
    Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea, Lemon Zinger
    Decaf black tea
    Green tea (I especially lurve this iced)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    KCC, give Celestial Seasonings Mandarin Orange Green Tea a try. They have it both Decaf and Regular and it's got a lovely taste that's not strong at all.

At least it doesn't to me or my Mom.
    That sounds good. I also like CS Tangerine Orange Zinger.

vCash
    I've only ever had tea bags, so what's the proper etiquette for loose leaf teas? How much are you supposed to use in one of those metal containers?
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    I've only ever had tea bags, so what's the proper etiquette for loose leaf teas? How much are you supposed to use in one of those metal containers?
    Metal containers, I"m assuming you're referring to the infuser. Depends on the tea in regards to portion. Many black teas have 1 tsp per 8 oz, allow it steep 2to 4 minutes and remove the infuser to stop the steeping.

I usually drain the leaves, put them in a glass bowl and cover them for later. One reason I love black teas is that most of them can be use steeped again(2 or 3 times). The caffeine content decreases alot with each additional steeping. So 3 teaspoons of tea can yield about 8 or 9 glasses of tea.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Personally I find that many teas get a twangy taste when steeped too long or the leaves are reused. I get the leaves out of there asap, .

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Jasmine tea is my absolute favorite. Teavana has a few different kinds including one where they supply the entire blossom I think. I'd definitely include that in any gift pack!

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    My favorite daily tea is Assam. I only like loose leaf tea, not bags. Assam is a very strong tea, good with milk. I buy it from Choice teas, and get organic fair trade.

Tazo has a very nice flavor of orange herb tea which comes in tea bags (and I learned about from having it with PRlady ).

But the world is full of wonderful teas!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    For hot tea, I love Chai tea. Green tea is good as well. I especially love green teas with fruit infused into them like pineapple.

And of course Sweet Iced Tea...I live in NC

vCash
    I love the Mighty Leaf teas, especially the White Orchard. Wonderfully fragrant and lovely. The best tea bags I've ever had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    KCC, give Celestial Seasonings Mandarin Orange Green Tea a try. They have it both Decaf and Regular and it's got a lovely taste that's not strong at all.

At least it doesn't to me or my Mom.

Thanks for the response -- I'll give it a try!

vCash
    http://www.revolutiontea.com/

These teas come in the cutest silk-like little bags inside a little box! We like the lavender, green and chamomile flavors. You can see the little flowers in the bags.

(good thread!)
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    I drink alot of tea and I do shop at Teavana or Teavana.com

I tend to buy mostly black teas, some green teas.

My favorites are: Black Dragon Pearl(My absolute favorite tea, but expensive)
    Irish Breakfast(rich, full bodied, its English Breakfast with a huge kick)
    Earl Grey Creme(traditional Earl Grey with a hint of cream favor)
    Capital of Heaven(you can not go wrong with this tea. Simply delicious and wonderful. When I serve this friends, never a complaint)
    Copper Knot Hongcha(full and rich tea, mellow aftertaste)

Assum Breeze(sweet, fruit and nuts) - wonderful tea

I have two teapots a Bodum Glass pot I use at work and Castiron teapot. Castiron really is the way to enjoy leaf/loose teas.

Black teas can handle multiple infusions aka you can steep them again.
    I second the Irish breakfast! Definitely my favorite tea. All the others feel like pretend after that.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    I love Good Earth's Vanilla Chai tea (they have both regular and decaff available).

There's also a local (Minneapolis) store that has hundreds of teas - you can order from them online. Some of my favorites of theirs are:

Evening in Missoula which is an herbal tea so good that restaurants and coffeeshops carry it.

Scarlet o Peara (also an herbal)

African Skies

Their regular black teas have always been very good too (although you can probably get a decent black tea from anywhere.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    The classics: Earl Gray, Lady Earl Gray, Irish/English breakfast....also love Chai. And I think it's Celestial Seasons, has one called "Bengal Spice" that is to die for, very cinnamon-y and tasty with no accessorizing needed
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast