Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not much of a celebrity-gossip person. I'll look at the photos of her dress and tiara, but I wouldn't get up before dawn to watch it live. It doesn't interest me.

I don't know of anyone who is "hating" on the royal wedding, but I guess some people could get tired of seeing it promoted everywhere they look.
    Threads like this are simply acknowledging our lack of interest on a topic other people are following with more attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Diana's dress was beautiful for the time. There were more copies of that dress than any other I can remember. It's just out of style now, but it was during a time where the fashion was big - al la Dynasty.
    Very true, however I hated it at the time. It defied that rule: take one thing off. It had ornate stuff on top of ornate stuff. And the train was really ridiculous. To me it was exactly what an immature girl would envision for her wedding. Diana was playing dress-up on the biggest stage in the world. It wasn't tasteful IMO but then I hate fussy fashion.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    But I will catch that on the news later. I won't be getting up early.
    If you get BBCA, they'll be airing a shorter "highlights" show that repeats a number of times during the day after the live broadcast.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I don't really care either way; if people want to watch the wedding that's fine; but I don't quite understand why there's a huge hoopla about it. I mean, it's just a wedding. Now, if this were a coronation or something; then I'd understand the interest...I mean, that's history.

vCash
    I think it's maybe a bit different for countries that are part of the Commonwealth, because it does have a bit of an effect on us, as compared to countries like the USA, where there are no real ties. In Canada, the Queen has a representative in parliament, so in the future, William will be directly tied to us. I think that makes us a bit more invested in a way.

That said, I'm really just excited to see Prince Hot Ginge (Harry) looking all snazzy sexy, and to see what antics his famewhore girlfriend gets up to. He's by far the hotter Prince IMO. And I also think Kate is much more attractive than William, and I'm excited to see what she wears.

So yes, I'll be getting up early to watch it.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Diana's dress was beautiful for the time. There were more copies of that dress than any other I can remember. It's just out of style now, but it was during a time where the fashion was big - al la Dynasty.
    It was fugly then and it's fugly now. Never, ever in style.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I'm interested only to the point of seeing what everyone is wearing. But I won't be turning off Worlds to watch the royals getting married.

Actually I find William and Kate on the rather side.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Interesting look at wedding dress patterns from 1940s through the 80s.

The huge sleeves were quite fashionable for the 80s. Sadly, I was made to wear a dress with sleeves like the second to last patterns poofed short ones as a bridesmaid in 1993.

http://sewretro.blogspot.com/2011/04...ctive-40s.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    It was fugly then and it's fugly now. Never, ever in style.
    I wasn't born when they were married, so I don't know what was 'in style' but I remember plenty of things teens/adults wore in the 80s that I thought were absurd, but they were still in style.

It wasn't stylish, but it was definetly 'in'. Or it at least set what was 'in' for the next 5-10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    He's by far the hotter Prince IMO.
    I totally agree, but when did that happen. In the "teen magazines" I remember clipping pictures of William (I'm just about his age- I was born a few weeks after Kate), and thinking Harry was goofy looking. Now William looks like an old man, and Harry is HOT.

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Actually I find William and Kate on the rather side.
    That's what gets to me about all the hype. The two of them seem to make up the most vanilla couple I've seen from any of the Royal families. Even the Queen herself is more badass than they are. Their backstory isn't even really compelling. They seem to be a nice pair, but this 24/7 hysteria on the American networks is so utterly silly, and most of it seems to concern William's parents more than anything else .

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My interest is strictly superficial--want to see the dress and the tiara. And some silly hats too. But I will not get up for this, that's what DVR is for.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    My interest is strictly superficial--want to see the dress and the tiara. And some silly hats too. But I will not get up for this, that's what DVR is for.
    There's been so much talk about what Kate will wear, there's bound to be disappointment that it's not as fabulous as the hype. The person whose dress, accessories and styling I'm really looking forward to seeing is Victoria Beckham.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    So far I've like what Kate's been wearing so I am hopeful for the dress to be elegant. But I will be disappointed if she wears flowers in lieu of a tiara. I don't want to see friggin flowers, I want to see diamonds!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I don't want to see friggin flowers, I want to see diamonds!
    I want to use this as my signature line!

And now it is.
    Last edited by Veronika; 04-26-2011 at 09:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Interesting look at wedding dress patterns from 1940s through the 80s.

The huge sleeves were quite fashionable for the 80s. Sadly, I was made to wear a dress with sleeves like the second to last patterns poofed short ones as a bridesmaid in 1993.

http://sewretro.blogspot.com/2011/04...ctive-40s.html
    I aboslutely luuuuuv this web site, and have already bookmarked it - thanks!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I totally agree, but when did that happen. In the "teen magazines" I remember clipping pictures of William (I'm just about his age- I was born a few weeks after Kate), and thinking Harry was goofy looking. Now William looks like an old man, and Harry is HOT.
    This was my experience too! In middle school, everyone thought William was gorgeous and Harry was dorky. Now William has no hair and looks like his dad, and Harry is

Re: the dresses... Kate is a very conservative dresser in general. I really don't think she'll be a style icon the way Diana was. To be fair, Diana's personal style was certainly an evolution and she really came into her own over the years. Still, I doubt Kate's wedding dress will be anything cutting edge.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Re: the dresses... Kate is a very conservative dresser in general. I really don't think she'll be a style icon the way Diana was. To be fair, Diana's personal style was certainly an evolution and she really came into her own over the years. Still, I doubt Kate's wedding dress will be anything cutting edge.
    So much the better long-term...I watched the show on "Diana's Dresses" (the auction lots) and it looked like a wardrobe clearout from "Dynasty" in many cases...painfully dated. Kate so far seems to dress 'up' in very classic, simple lines, with some good attention to tailoring. Seems more the clean and classy type. If she's looking for a princess as a style icon, I hope she looks more at Grace Kelly aka Princess Grace of Monaco. Or go for American royalty and look at Jackie Kennedy rocking the simple lines.

vCash
    It reminds me of Lizzy marrying Darcy. The wedding is magical but imagining their life after the wedding not so much. A lot of repressed desires and keeping up appearances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Now, if this were a coronation or something; then I'd understand the interest...I mean, that's history.
    It kind of is a coronation though - Kate becomes a Princess and the future Queen!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast