Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    And it's also funny that the people who did say they gave a shit would for some reason come into a thread titled for people who didn't give a shit. Works both ways.
    Actually the thread title posed a question- "Am I the only one who....?" For this the answer could either be "yes" or "no"- either one of which could prompt debate.

It wasn't titled as a thread for haterz only.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    No idea about UK, but we've had those at horse racing and showjumping events for as long as I can remember. So at least the 1980s.
    Yep, best dressed competitions are held in the UK too, especially on Ladies Day's.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    No idea about UK, but we've had those at horse racing and showjumping events for as long as I can remember. So at least the 1980s.
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Yep, best dressed competitions are held in the UK too, especially on Ladies Day's.
    : I never saw that although the only Ladies Day I remember was at Royal Ascot. Maybe the Cheltenham meet had one? I don't remember. Anyway, most of my jaunts were to one day meets except for Ascot, Cheltenham, and Aintree and they were always so action packed and busy it would be easy (for me) to miss it. Sounds
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Wow...for a thread about people who didn't give a shit about the wedding, there sure are a lot of posts about what happened in the wedding that people didn't give a shit about...
    Whether one gives a shit about the wedding or not, you can't help but talk about something that is broadcast on nearly every station, discussed on every newscast, and flashed on every channel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Wow...for a thread about people who didn't give a shit about the wedding, there sure are a lot of posts about what happened in the wedding that people didn't give a shit about...

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    And it's also funny that the people who did say they gave a shit would for some reason come into a thread titled for people who didn't give a shit. Works both ways.
    What I find funny is people taking pride at the lengths they have gone to avoid any pictures or coverage of the wedding. There are many news stories that I'm not interested in but I don't kill myself trying to avoid all mention. And I don't announce it to the world either. So you haven't seen the dress? Good for you, that puts you one up on all the rest of us poor slobs.

vCash
    Am I the only one who feels oddly smug about a well-timed fart?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Am I the only one who feels oddly smug about a well-timed fart?
    You're a real gas......

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Ascot's a big hat day (if anything the Ascot Gavotte in My Fair Lady is usually too understated. ) I was just wondering last week if I could find a suitably spiffy hat to wear for the Royal Weddings (with comfy PJs, of course, I don't do mornings) and my friend (who lives in Louisville) said "Of course you should get one, then come down and wear it to the Derby!"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112