Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 228 of 228
  1. #221
    Liberal Furry
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Packing for REAL London!
    Posts
    2,315
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7558
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    And it's also funny that the people who did say they gave a shit would for some reason come into a thread titled for people who didn't give a shit. Works both ways.
    Actually the thread title posed a question- "Am I the only one who....?" For this the answer could either be "yes" or "no"- either one of which could prompt debate.

    It wasn't titled as a thread for haterz only.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

  2. #222
    Vacant
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Here and there
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,768
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9172
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    No idea about UK, but we've had those at horse racing and showjumping events for as long as I can remember. So at least the 1980s.
    Yep, best dressed competitions are held in the UK too, especially on Ladies Day's.

  3. #223
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    No idea about UK, but we've had those at horse racing and showjumping events for as long as I can remember. So at least the 1980s.
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Yep, best dressed competitions are held in the UK too, especially on Ladies Day's.
    : I never saw that although the only Ladies Day I remember was at Royal Ascot. Maybe the Cheltenham meet had one? I don't remember. Anyway, most of my jaunts were to one day meets except for Ascot, Cheltenham, and Aintree and they were always so action packed and busy it would be easy (for me) to miss it. Sounds
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  4. #224
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Wow...for a thread about people who didn't give a shit about the wedding, there sure are a lot of posts about what happened in the wedding that people didn't give a shit about...
    Whether one gives a shit about the wedding or not, you can't help but talk about something that is broadcast on nearly every station, discussed on every newscast, and flashed on every channel.

  5. #225

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,673
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Wow...for a thread about people who didn't give a shit about the wedding, there sure are a lot of posts about what happened in the wedding that people didn't give a shit about...

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    And it's also funny that the people who did say they gave a shit would for some reason come into a thread titled for people who didn't give a shit. Works both ways.
    What I find funny is people taking pride at the lengths they have gone to avoid any pictures or coverage of the wedding. There are many news stories that I'm not interested in but I don't kill myself trying to avoid all mention. And I don't announce it to the world either. So you haven't seen the dress? Good for you, that puts you one up on all the rest of us poor slobs.

  6. #226
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,090
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Am I the only one who feels oddly smug about a well-timed fart?

  7. #227

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,844
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Am I the only one who feels oddly smug about a well-timed fart?
    You're a real gas......

  8. #228
    Corgi Wrangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not Wearing Enough Sparkles
    Posts
    6,456
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    5546
    Ascot's a big hat day (if anything the Ascot Gavotte in My Fair Lady is usually too understated. ) I was just wondering last week if I could find a suitably spiffy hat to wear for the Royal Weddings (with comfy PJs, of course, I don't do mornings) and my friend (who lives in Louisville) said "Of course you should get one, then come down and wear it to the Derby!"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •