Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs down Am I the Only One Who Cares Not a Sh*t About the Royal Wedding?

I didn't care that much when Princess Diana got married to Charles. Mom did, hence the TVs were on all day.

Blah. I will be tuning out. Anyone with me?

vCash
    I'm with you. I may tune in briefly just to see what the dress looks like, but I have no interest in watching a prolonged marriage service for people I don't know.

vCash
    I agree. It's funny, because I thought I might watch some of it just to see some of the pagentry of it all, but all this publicity is just ridiculous.

vCash
    I want to see the dress and the tiara. I am so over the wedding crap. When it gets mentioned on WWE wrestling of all places their is a flippin problem.

Like William, like Kate wish them the best...but I would rather see more on our upcoming election that is getting darn UGLY!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    The amount of talk about hating the wedding hype has now officially exceeded the wedding hype.

I'm finding it remarkably easy to tune it all out, maybe because I watch very little TV news and don't read many magazines, aside from specialty ones. Seems like I haven't seen much hype at all.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I don't have any disdain for all of the coverage. I just simply am not investing in it. I wish the couple well. But I'll be at work on Friday and not even think about it. Why bother getting up at 4am to wade through hours of coverage when, in this age of internet and 24 hr new cycles, I can catch the highlights easily enough at my leisure.

vCash
    I view it as entertainment outside of the normal same old, same old. For that reason, I will be checking it out. Like Bostonfan, I'm not invested in it, but will enjoy some wedding snark with my friends.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    The amount of talk about hating the wedding hype has now officially exceeded the wedding hype.

I'm finding it remarkably easy to tune it all out, maybe because I watch very little TV news and don't read many magazines, aside from specialty ones. Seems like I haven't seen much hype at all.
    The only place I read about the wedding is FSU

vCash
    I will probably watch the wedding itself, but I don't blame anyone for not being interested. The media has gone right over the top and I am not interested in all the fluff programs surrounding it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I have to work a dance festival all weekend, so I won't be able to watch anyway. I remember the C&D wedding-didn't watch that one either. I think my ambivalence towards Diana stemmed from my Mother's extreme giddiness about that wedding. When Diana went into labor with William, my Mom went just starkers. Barf. She worshipped Diana in the beginning which put me off...but I actually like Kate a lot, and I think William is a fine young man. I'm all for them. But watch the wedding for hours? Nah. I'll get all the good parts on news playbacks. I'm sure we'll be seeing the dress, the tiara, the images ad nauseum for months. But I do wish them all the best. I think they're a much more likeable couple than C&D-JMHO.

What is this I see in Entertainment Magazine about a book someone has written about "If Diana was still alive." Could be entertaining. Di might not enjoy sharing the spotlight with Kate.........seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I have to work a dance festival all weekend, so I won't be able to watch anyway. I remember the C&D wedding-didn't watch that one either. I think my ambivalence towards Diana stemmed from my Mother's extreme giddiness about that wedding. When Diana went into labor with William, my Mom went just starkers. Barf. She worshipped Diana in the beginning which put me off...but I actually like Kate a lot, and I think William is a fine young man. I'm all for them. But watch the wedding for hours? Nah. I'll get all the good parts on news playbacks. I'm sure we'll be seeing the dress, the tiara, the images ad nauseum for months. But I do wish them all the best. I think they're a much more likeable couple than C&D-JMHO.

What is this I see in Entertainment Magazine about a book someone has written about "If Diana was still alive." Could be entertaining. Di might not enjoy sharing the spotlight with Kate.........seriously.
    This blog post yesterday talks about how one's interest in the royal wedding is directly related to your mother's interest in Charles and Diana's wedding. Kinda interesting: Why I Won't Watch the Royal Wedding

vCash
    I don't give a damn about it. I keep forgetting when it is, only to be reminded by all the commercials.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Nope, I could care less either. I kind of wish they would elope or something just to screw with everyone... anyway if I'm waking up early that day it's to watch Worlds!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    The only place I read about the wedding is FSU
    I've seen a few articles on MSNBC, but yeah- FSU is really the only place I've read anything, and it's like one thread. I must be missing whereever all the hype is.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I was going to start a similar thread last week, but chose not to--mostly because I'm mildly interested, but overwhelmed by the coverage here in the US. I mean, I'm happy that Kate finally got her man, and she's really a "commoner," but that's about it. Oh, and I like the sapphire ring.

I'm too young to remember Charles and Diana's wedding (I was 2 at the time), so I really have nothing to compare it to.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I love pomp and circumstance, so of course I'm watching. I watch state funerals, too (though ironically not Diana, as I think she was just completely overrated all round. She wasn't even all that pretty. Should have tried growing longer hair or something. I don't even like her engagement ring--don't like round stones, only emerald-cuts and marquis.)

It's a great deal more interesting than most stuff on TV, and at least with it being a true formal wedding it'll actually be rather classy.

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    The answer to "am I the only one who.......?" threads is always "No".
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    The answer to "am I the only one who.......?" threads is always "No".
    You realize that's a challenge, right? Someone is now going to try and come up with a thread where they are, truly, the only one.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    I watch state funerals, too (though ironically not Diana, as I think she was just completely overrated all round. She wasn't even all that pretty. Should have tried growing longer hair or something.
    I think she was very pretty, but the hair was bad, bad, bad. She had the feathered look for way too long...it went out in the mid-80s, and she never really let it go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I think she was very pretty, but the hair was bad, bad, bad. She had the feathered look for way too long...it went out in the mid-80s, and she never really let it go.
    ITA with you and danceronice . I always thought longer hair would have been more flattering on her too. Her hair was so thick and big and just completely overwhelmed her face .

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast