Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Really? "A black guy"? That's L.A. Reid. Educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.A._Re...ds.2FAccolades

Comparing Randy "Dawg" Jackson to L.A. is like comparing fleas to a Best in Show winner.
    I don't need to educate myself, because I knew who it was. What I'm saying is is that a quick glance of the X-Factor judging table looks like the American Idol judging table, even down to the seat placement.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Loved the 18 year old who sang the Beyonce song.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I"m looking forward to hearing more from her, also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I turned off after Cheryl got the boot. That is one very dull judging panel
    I'm about to watch the repeat on ITV2 Flo, I don't think I'll last after Cheryl's gone, she was about the only reason I was watching it.

vCash
    For some of the acts, I keep waiting for the buzzer to go off.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And really, Paula's reaction to Junk Guy was a little OTT. I'm sure she has seen that part of a man before. Was there something else under that X Factor logo that made her run away and puke?
    I was over the reaction. Has she never seen a penis?

I actually think the UK X Factor has a better judging panel this year.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    The Soup had some fun with "Siameze" [ really? Siameze?] ... laughs at his singing, at his dancing, but mostly at the grapefruit he apparently had stuffed into his tightie jeans.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgal View Post
    For some of the acts, I keep waiting for the buzzer to go off.
    Same here. But they do have a buzzer - Simon just holds up his hand when he wants the music stopped. So he just chooses not to use it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Do you mean of the contestants, or otherwise?

I read somewhere that Kelly Rowland is a really good judge?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

I think that was me. She's fabulous. Sincere, enthusiastic, straight-talking, totally committed to the project and so funny. 5 minutes watching Kelly on UK XFactor holds waaaaay more entertainment for me than the whole two hours of the US version had to offer.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Hmm, apparently one of the contestants is a little less of a struggling wannabe than X Factor would have us believe.

The second biggest crock of this new TV season is The X-Factor (Wednesdays on Fox and CTV, 8 p.m.). The first episode the other night climaxed with the “discovery” of Stacy Francis, an African-American, 42-year-old single mother of two with a spectacular voice. She explained that a guy she was involved with told her she didn’t have talent and pushed her around. Part of her story is no doubt true, but the suggestion that Francis is an unknown, a mere aspirant to singing stardom in her 40s, is nonsense. A reader here in Toronna, a performer in musical theatre, wrote to let me know that she watched the staging of the Stacy Francis segment with some astonishment. The reader pointed out that Francis is a veteran of Broadway musicals and originated the role of Rusty in the first production of Footloose, in 1998, to considerable acclaim.

Francis also starred in Broadway productions of Street Corner Symphony and Smokey Joe’s Cafe. It took 30 seconds on Google to verify this. The X Factor feels like a con as well as a crock.

(from http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/ar...service=mobile)
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    That is ridiculous. It is fine to allow whomever you want to audition but don't pretend she is some middle aged woman who was never given a break. She got on Broadway for goodness sake! I would say she has had more than a fair chance to become rich and famous. Some of the contestants have already been doing media rounds which I find really unfair. They shouldn't be allowed to do this until the finals are decided. It gives them an early advantage and plus it pretty much tells us who the production is picking for the finals.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Did she conceal her background from the producers?
    If not, they might as well admit a "set-up".

At least, the public could then decide how they feel about it, with their votes.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So the inference is that reality TV...is not real?

PLEASE GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    So the inference is that reality TV...is not real?

PLEASE GOD, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It can't be! God wouldn't let such a travesty occur!
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I think that was me. She's fabulous. Sincere, enthusiastic, straight-talking, totally committed to the project and so funny. 5 minutes watching Kelly on UK XFactor holds waaaaay more entertainment for me than the whole two hours of the US version had to offer.
    I was when she said that she'd seen all of China after Goldie flashed her lady garden at the judges the other night.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Did she conceal her background from the producers?
    If not, they might as well admit a "set-up".

At least, the public could then decide how they feel about it, with their votes.
    Even if she did conceal her past it isn't as if the producers didn't bother to look up who she was. The audition was filmed long before and if this is anything like American Idol, only a select few get to audition in front of the judges on the main stage. Her audition process started before she ever got on that stage and they should have done a complete background check on her first. They knew.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    One of the best judges I've ever seen on music shows.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash

I can believe that. I watched part of the US version debut show. So staged and the judges are boring, particularly the female judges.

Paula´s reaction to the penis was fake. At one point she is shown peeking through her ponytail for another look and next she´s puking in the bathroom? I say someone started to pick up some of the audience were annoyed and she played offended

Also not surprised to read that 42yo with the oppressive ex is a seasoned pro. This has also been done on the UK version that you recognize the signs. Most of the oppressed downtrodden auditionees who come out and amaze with their "hidden talent" have an old career or years of theater schooling behind them. When it's too good to be true it usually is. One of the things that confused me at the time about her was the age of her children. They were really young and yet presumably were the byproduct of oppressive ex so it seemed to me that that whole situation came about in her mid to late thirties so who was oppressing her the decade or so before that?

I also think the US is too flooded with singing reality shows that I don't see this having the success it has in the UK.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    I thought last night was a bit better... fewer train wrecks and more folks folks with a glimmer of talent. Wonder if they re-cut the show after last week's reviews?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast