Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That is what I am waiting for.
    Do you think season two will provide us with people who will sell as many CDs as Javier Colon, Dia Frampton, Vicci Martinez and Beverly McClellan?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Do you think season two will provide us with people who will sell as many CDs as Javier Colon, Dia Frampton, Vicci Martinez and Beverly McClellan?
    If the producers are smart, yes, either recording success or touring success. For the most part, the people they choose have extensive performing experience and know how to take care of their instruments. The format of the show allows the mentors to ditch folks who don't have good work ethic as well as ones who can't find their way around a studio. I've got fingers crossed that Season 2 will be as good if not better as it's seen as "the show" for older contestants.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Dia Frampton is touring with Blake Shelton.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I want Josh to win, but Melanie probably should win if this is a song styling kind of contract. Ooooh, Chris was so offkey in the Avril duet, but then again, so was Avril (always).
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I can't believe there are only 385 posts in a thread that covers the entire season. I didn't watch most of the episodes. Was it that boring or are FSUer's tired of singing comps?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Josh was better in the first number, with Alanis; Melanie in the the second.
    I wonder how Melanie would have sung with Alanis.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I can't believe there are only 385 posts in a thread that covers the entire season. I didn't watch most of the episodes. Was it that boring or are FSUer's tired of singing comps?
    I am not because I have only watched 1 full season and a couple of 1/2 seasons of Idol, 1 season of the Voice, 1 episode of the Sing Off, and 1 season of XFactor. So far, Idol is my least favorite.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I watched one episode and thought all but one song was atrocious. And I didn't like that one enough to keep watching to see if that guy stuck around.

vCash
    Whack judges. Not enough talent. Over production. Too much filler.

Now that I've seen a "real" talent based show, The Voice, I have little patience for this POS.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    It was that boring!!!!!

What I can't believe is that, if what Steve claimed was true that over 100,000 people auditioned for this show, that THIS is the best coughcoughTalentcoughcough they could find??!!! This was the absolute worst talent competition I have ever seen, simply because .... there was no talent!! I stuck it out hoping it would get better (and because I like Simon, and even HE was boring!) and it never did. I'll watch the final because I devoted all this time to it I want to at least see it end ..... and because I want to yell at the TV about how much all the coughcoughSingerscoughcough suck! But I sure as hell will not be watching Season 2.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 12-22-2011 at 06:57 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i like it better than AI but AI is more snarkworthy somehow
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I think the show started off with way more excitement than it ended up being. I thought we'd end up with a few superstars but overall I ended up being let down. Melanie should win this but I have a feeling she won't. All in all I don't think any of the top 3 is really worth $5 million.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I didn't expect to like this series and likely wouldn't have followed it - then I heard Josh's "At Last." That performance launched me across the room toward the remote's record button. I basically continued to follow the show to hear Josh, and his will be the CD I'll be looking for after today.

The one thing I like best about The Voice is the friendly banter among the judges. That adds value, as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    Melanie Amaro to me was the only one who showed any real star potential... If she doesn't win the show, I think it's a massive failure. Chris has the feel good story but he doesnt have the voice to sustain, I think he should stick to rap.
    Kyle

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Melanie Amaro to me was the only one who showed any real star potential... If she doesn't win the show, I think it's a massive failure. Chris has the feel good story but he doesnt have the voice to sustain, I think he should stick to rap.
    provided he ever gets another song together. i've had my fill of young homey.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It's that boring. AI is so bad that it's good. XF is simply bad.

vCash
    Leona Lewis

Here's hoping Melanie can get the victory. I do hope she learns to control the vibrato though, it's a little bit out of control like Jordin Sparks first was but I think she can learn to control it and make it not sounds like a goat.
    Kyle

vCash
    Yay Melanie! I will be buying her album and I'm sure Josh will get himself a record deal as well.
    Kyle

vCash
    YAY finally a girl winner....something that AI and The Voice couldn't do!

I predict Melanie will have no problem outselling Javier's album sales, so I think at least X-Factor will beat The Voice in that regard. There are lots of flaws with XF, but they got themselves a Jordin Sparks-like winner that should do well in the real world.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    I predict Melanie will have no problem outselling Javier's album sales...
    Didn't Javier's CD recently go dirt?

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast